The World According To Mickey Moore (That's Michael to you)

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 07:32 pm
next Thomas Paine - Mickey being the next of course).

No, in reality there is always a disgruntled, shrill, bombastic, and flatulent gabbler who resorts to revisionist history and political homiletics to try to convince people of their supposedly inside track. The David vs Goliath image Mickey struggles mightily to portray could better be analogized as the Loud-Mouthed Frog, or Hollywood's Joe McCarthy.

Well, in the spirit of true American capitalism, with an accumulated revenue of over 100 million dollars - I guess one should lie all one wants. Heck with that kind of money I would. (Asinine comment - check!)
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 786 • Replies: 19
No top replies

panzade

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 07:37 pm
Nice to see you again Lu.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 08:37 pm
Oh goody - a fight thread.

Can't wait until I get home.

Lusatian is like the A2k sirocco....
0 Replies

Joe Republican

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 10:29 pm
I have my own problems with Moore, espically with his spin, but to not look at the issues he brings up and to dismiss them as lies is also spin. You see, you can't have it both ways. If you want to call Moore a tool, or a fool, go ahead, but what ever you say holds no water unless you use facts to back up his claims.

I did see F/911 and I took the time to read up on the facts. There are a bunch of facts which can be debated if you want, but then again, if you debate the facts, you have to open up Pandora's box and look at the issues.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 10:59 pm
Bookmark
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 11:27 pm
lUSATIAN, you fail to add eNTERTAINMENT in your post.If you can make a similar film then by all means -do it. dont whine on a bulletin board.
0 Replies

A Lone Voice

Reply Wed 6 Oct, 2004 01:09 am
farmerman wrote:
lUSATIAN, you fail to add eNTERTAINMENT in your post.If you can make a similar film then by all means -do it. dont whine on a bulletin board.

Excellent point, farmerman. Entertainment is the reason liberal talk radio doesn't work. While the guys on the right frequently tend to use parody to make a point, the guys on the left seem to have had their humor bone removed.

Michael Moore is very entertaining, which is why his movie worked. I disagree with just about everything Moore believes and states, but it was fun to laugh.....
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 6 Oct, 2004 01:31 am
" Wow, I?m the next, next Thomas Paine"

nah.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 6 Oct, 2004 06:22 am
I was more entertained by Lusations post than I ever would by Moore. I wish there was something I could add, but again Lusation has said it all.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 6 Oct, 2004 06:26 am
Who's making the popcorn when Craven shows up?
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Wed 6 Oct, 2004 06:27 am
http://www.freep.com/news/statewire/sw105215_20041005.htm

"The Michigan Republican Party is asking four county prosecutors to file charges against filmmaker Michael Moore, charging that he illegally offered underwear, noodles and snacks to college students in exchange for their promise to vote. "

I wonder whose underwear he was giving out and were the snacks from his personal supply?

If you can't win on the issues, bribe them.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Wed 6 Oct, 2004 06:28 am
Well, he WAS on a limited budget. Next time around the bribes will be more like X games and cases of Mountain Dew.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Wed 6 Oct, 2004 06:31 am
It ought to be a crime to offer noodles. I say we lock him up and throw away the key.
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Wed 6 Oct, 2004 06:37 am
Duck, they will need a double wide cell to hold that slob.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 6 Oct, 2004 06:40 am
FD, It IS a crime to offer anything for someones vote.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 6 Oct, 2004 06:42 am
Re: The World According To Mickey Moore (That's Michael to y
Lusatian wrote:

There are lots of people like that. Even some who post here in A2K. Sounds a bit like you in fact.

Quote:
In Michael Moore's fantasies he's a voice of erudition and a sagely prophet of the truth no one else possesses. He could also be painted as more akin to the loud, abrasive, obnoxious kid in an elementary school who shouts down opponents then declares himself the leader of the playground.

There are lots of people like that. Even some who post here in A2K. Sounds a bit like you in fact.

Quote:
And Mr. Moore accuses others of twisting the truth.

Quote:
That Moore is a brilliant story teller - not brilliant, but by no means shabby.

Interesting sentence. Did you have help constructing it? :wink:

Quote:

Is it possible that Mickey just needs attention after seeing the nation take a turn away from his personal political platform?

Is that what you think has happened? Ah...now I see why that last sentence read the way it did.

Quote:
No, in reality there is always a disgruntled, shrill, bombastic, and flatulent gabbler who resorts to revisionist history and political homiletics to try to convince people of their supposedly inside track.

Funny...I was just thinking that same thing.

Quote:
The David vs Goliath image Mickey struggles mightily to portray could better be analogized as the Loud-Mouthed Frog, or Hollywood's Joe McCarthy.

Well, I've just been reinstated here at A2K, so I'll leave this one alone. But...think about pots and kettles.

I've never seen any of your posts before, Lusatian. Are they all as....ahhh...ahhh...well, like this one???
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Wed 6 Oct, 2004 06:42 am
You just indicted the whole Bush reelection team McG
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Wed 6 Oct, 2004 06:43 am
If you read carefully, it doesn't say he offered them those things in exchange for a vote for Kerry, but in exchange for voting itself. That may also be a crime, I don't know.
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Wed 6 Oct, 2004 06:44 am
Moore is just the typical liberal slob who can not explain the issues honestly, so this type of behavior is the next best way he can come up with.

This slob is no different than most Hollywood types who get lost in THEIR fantasy world.

He will make a silly statement soon regarding this article and his basis will not be breaking the law, but handing out candy is not a crime. Book it.
0 Replies

Lusatian

Reply Wed 6 Oct, 2004 06:46 am
Joe Republican wrote:
If you want to call Moore a tool, or a fool, go ahead, but what ever you say holds no water unless you use facts to back up his claims.

Here is a quick look at a few offhand falsities and twisted truths that Mikey liberally seasons his bigoted "documentary" (the humor is evident) with:

Mikey claims Bush tried to cut military pay by 33% - Since 2001 the Bush Administration has pushed increases in military pay every year by an average of 4.75%. I have received pay increases every year I have been enlisted. Combat pays - such as Hostile Fire Pay, Special Duty Pay (SF and spec ops compensation), etc - have risen in some cases almost double. (Hostile Fire 150 to 225, Special Duty 250 to 325). These are pay cuts, right?

Mikey makes a point that only one member of Congress has a child enlisted in the military in Iraq - Disingenious twist of truth. There are a large number of members of Congress who have children in the military, though they are commissioned officers. In other words Mikey wants you to believe that officers are not serving - at least not as much or as well as enlisted. I am enlisted, but I would have joined as an officer had the situation been different. I guess I would have been a moocher according to Mikey.

Mikey showcases a one Dr. Sam Kubba, from the American Iraqi Chamber of Commerce. Dr. Kubba is prominently shown declaring that the large American corporations have made "overwhelming profits" in Iraq. I would point out on fact that the most obvious and well-known profit generated from such debate is the much trumpeted revenue made off of Fahrenheit 9/11 by Mikey Moore.

Those are off-hand example of twisted truths. And this wannabe George Orwell (he even uses Orwell's terms in the ad), deliberately lied and spun to profit from his political ad. He knew the facts were skewed. But he is bigoted and motivated by money, attention, and desperate desire for a legacy of greatness.

Sorry Mikey, not Paine, though you are a bit of an itch.
0 Replies