Useless liberal arguments

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 07:07 pm
Below are the things that many posters on A2K like to use that are pointless, wrong or stupid.

1. The August 6 PDB showing that we knew Osama was planning to attack the US.

To me this epitomizes the liberal argument. "Look! Bush was too stoopid to see we knew Osama wuz going to attack us!!!!" It means nothing more than what it says. There is no underhanded chicanery taking place. It was a part of a briefing that the president gets from his security advisor. Read it for yourself and you tell me that if you read this pre-9/11 you would have known what to make of it.

Link to the PDB

2. Bush is a moron.

Clearly that's not true. I can not understand why someone doing something you disagree with makes him a moron, stupid or otherwise mentally impaired. Bush has a degree from Yale and Harvard. Doesn't matter how much money you have, no one has ever purchased their degrees from either university. Once you have called Bush one of these names, you only labeled yourself in my opinion. Has Bush made mistakes? Sure, what president hasn't? Does that make him a moron? Nope.

3. The 2000 election.

Gore lost, Bush won. That's it. Deal with it. No matter what anyone says, no matter how much anyone dislikes it, that's just the way it is.

4. The petty remarks and jabs and veiled insults.

From both sides. It's ridiculous. I am tired of getting angry at posters when there are so many issues to be angry at.

5. The remarks that follow this post

If you want to make a thread outlining conservative arguments that make you mad, do so. Make another thread.
If you want to make personal comments about me, please make them either funny or at the least original.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 3,861 • Replies: 59
No top replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 08:17 pm
Is Velveeta a dairy product?
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 08:20 pm
No, Dys, Velveeta is a 'cheese food product.' I think that's what it says on the package.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 08:27 pm
Point 1-agree
Point2-agree
Point3-agree
Point4-agree
Point5- what are we gonna debate now McG?
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 08:29 pm
Not a debate, just my peeves that I am sharing.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 08:31 pm
Thanks for sharing
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 08:36 pm
Slow time in the Emerald City, McG?
0 Replies

padmasambava

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 08:40 pm
A talking head vs. the guy next door!
0 Replies

padmasambava

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 08:41 pm
There's nothing wrong with liberal mindedness. Consider the contrapositive.

You may add that to your list.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 08:42 pm
I swear pad, sometimes I think you're really Chuckster and had a change of heart.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 08:43 pm
Conservative rhetoric that irks me greatly (I'll paraphrase: "Kerry is a rapist and a child murderer." Or (paraphrasing again) "The democrats worship Hitler and follow his doctrines." Incidentally, despite the fact that people take issue with your views sometimes, I can firmly guarantee that I have never seen you resort to this sort of trash talk McG, and I respect you for that.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 08:44 pm
Amen, and except for one week when you were extremely "peaky", you're a fun guy to tussle with.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 08:44 pm
Well it's twinkle, twinkle, little star, A long came Brady in his 'lectric car,
He's got a mean look right in his eye, He's gonna shoot somebody just to see 'em die.

Well, Duncan, Duncan was tending the bar, Along comes Brady with his shining star,
And Brady says, "Duncan you are under arrest," Mmmm... Duncan shot a hole right in Brady's chest.

Brady, Brady, Brady, well you know you done wrong, Breakin' in here while the games goin' on,
You come breakin' down the windows, And knockin' down the door,
And now you're lyin' dead on the barroom floor.

Well, ol' King Brady was a big fat man, The Doctor he passed, got a hold of his hand.
He felt for his pulse, he shook his head, Said I'm believin' to my soul, King Brady is dead.

High tail carriages just a standin' around, To carry King Brady to the buryin' ground,
Them rubber tired buggies, them rubber tired hacks,
They took him to the graveyard, never brung him back.

When the women all heard that King Brady was dead, They went out a home and they be racked in red.
They come a slipping' and a sighin' and shufflin' down the street,
In their big mother Hubbards and their stockin' feet.
0 Replies

Joe Republican

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 09:30 pm
McGentrix wrote:
Not a debate, just my peeves that I am sharing.

So it doesn't bother you that Bush received this. . .

Quote:

Nevertheless, F.B.I. information since that time indicates patterns of suspicious activity in this country consistent with preparations for hijackings or other types of attacks, including recent surveillance of federal buildings in New York.

The F.B.I. is conducting approximately 70 full field investigations throughout the U.S. that it considers bin Laden-related. C.I.A. and the F.B.I. are investigating a call to our embassy in the U.A.E. in May saying that a group of bin Laden supporters was in the U.S. planning attacks with explosives.

and decided to take the entire month of August off? He did absolutely NOTHING about the memo, this is AFTER the terrorists attacks you so often remind people of during the Clinton administration.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 6 Oct, 2004 06:09 am
Joe, What did the August 5 PDB look like? The Aug 4 one?

Did you read the Aug 6 PDB?
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Wed 6 Oct, 2004 08:24 am
Re: Useless liberal arguments
McGentrix wrote:
Below are the things that many posters on A2K like to use that are pointless, wrong or stupid.

5. The remarks that follow this post

If you want to make a thread outlining conservative arguments that make you mad, do so. Make another thread.
If you want to make personal comments about me, please make them either funny or at the least original.

This is the first time I've ever seen a pre-emptive strike launched against the people who haven't even had the chance to respond to an initial post. How very Bushesque of you, McG.

(was that funny and original enough for you?)
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 6 Oct, 2004 08:26 am
I know the user base Joe. I have to know what to expect from certain people.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 6 Oct, 2004 10:11 am
I recall a time when I declared I was "apolitcal".

McG responded: "Why are you on a political forum then?"

I responded: "Being apolitical is still a political view" or something like that, because I couldn't really be bothered to look up the exact quotes.

I now know, through McG's wisdom, that I should have used the term "non-partisan."
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Wed 6 Oct, 2004 06:02 pm
Valuable vocabulary lesson, Cav.

I suppose that, in the long run, nobody is truly 'apolitical'. Even the people who never cast a ballot seem to have some opinions on politics and politicians. Like you, I try to be totally non-partisan. There really are -- or, at least, have been -- some truly fine Republicans out there. And there have also been some Democrats I'd be ashamed to be in the same room with.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 6 Oct, 2004 06:10 pm
Jeez, I guess I have occasionally called the moron in the Oval Office a moron...

...but that doesn't make me a bad guy!

Look...maybe he is not a complete moron. Maybe just a moro...

...but he sure as hell ain't very smart.

As the debates to date have shown very clearly...he certainly is not the sharpest tool in the presidential sweepstakes shed.

Compare him against all three of the other guys...and you see he is at least a mor...probably a moro....and in my opinion, a moron.

But...I have been doing my best to avoid the term...just as I have tried to avoid referring to him as George ADumbyaOLBush. Although I must admit, I have been hoping....fervently hoping....damn near praying....

...that a thread would come along that I could use as an occasion to vent my spleen on these things (so to speak.)

I thank you for this very interesting and useful thread, McG.
0 Replies