Speaking of South Park

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 02:12 pm
Meself and and Lady Diane along with Roger and Big Dice and Urs were just this past weekend having a swell visit in Denver and Big Dice expressed an interest in seeing the actual town that inspired "South Park". Well, I explaned to Big Dice that South Park is actually an area, a valley if you will, carved out of the Rocky Mtns during an Ice migration many years ago but there is indeed a town that is the inspiration for the South Park series and it's name is FairPlay. But instead of driving up there from Denver I took them all on a drive along the Pampart Range road down to the Garden of the Gods, an out cropping of the Morrison Fault. FairPlay really is the name of the town. Weird ain't it?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,122 • Replies: 21
No top replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 02:22 pm
Weird, perhaps serendipitous, or maybe even really well-researched. I love those guys....when you think about it, even 'Parker 'n Stone' has a certain weirdness about it, doesn't it?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 03:53 pm
South park....mmmmmmmmmmmmmm.......but - I no longer actually WATCH it - I can sort of visualise South Park's take on stuff, now - and write my own.

Am I missing something, though?
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2004 04:42 pm
There is a South Park in San Diego. It is right next to North Park and used to be called Golden Hill. I guess we have to blame it on Canada!
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2004 05:03 pm
<I'm hooked. It's hilarious. Those guys should be dissected and studied.>

The Micheal Jackson episode--<high pitched voice>--"That's ignorant!"

I don't know how they get away with all that stuff.

What was that they did to Mel Gibson. I swear, that one was pee-worthy.
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2004 06:11 pm
Hey Lash good to see you and the Man. I love him too.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2004 06:25 pm
im marbar to have your marbar and the marbar th
hat we marbar ttogether ahall be called marbar

I liked the Ridelin episode were Cartman is poppin pills by the armload and sez'really takes the edge off man"

I was at least 10 before I said that.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2004 06:27 pm
I can name all thhe characters starting with Starvin Marvin
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2004 07:58 pm
Hi JoanneDorel!!! Nice to see you again, as well!!! Hope you are well and happy!

farmer-- I guess I'm a newbie fan. I never heard of Starvin Marvin. Could you elucidate?

Did you see the one/s where Mr. Garrison's Slave...teacher's assistant... put that hamster (and Paris Hilton) in his...ailimentary canal?

This is very highbrow entertainment.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2004 08:01 pm
well, there is always the tampon episode
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2004 08:08 pm
<grimaces>

I didn't see that one.

<hesitates....gives in>

A synopsis, if at all possible?
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2004 08:14 pm
um well it has adult content and has been reformated for your a2k window with all the naughty bits eliminated.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2004 08:53 pm
Carmen, Kyle, and Kenny think they get their periods when they are bleeding from their ass with Stan getting left out. Everyone thinks that the Jesus character is suppose to do something during the new millenium, and creates a Rod Steward concert in Las Vegas while people think that god will come. Stan takes hormones to get his period, and god comes down to answer a question. (I'm not telling what it is.)

Kenny gets killed by: Having a tampon stuck up his ass, and clogs him up.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2004 09:00 pm
Amazing continuity of plot...

Also amazing this sentence--

Carmen, Kyle, and Kenny think they get their periods when they are bleeding from their ass with Stan getting left out.

...can make a grown woman shriek uncontrollably.

<composure, composure>

(Can I ask why their asses were bleeding?) I've got to see that one.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2004 09:12 pm
roids

Sttarvin MArvin was a third world Bush kids (not thhe faamily , the people of Africa thhat speak in clicks) the planet Marbar captures him but somewhere Cartman gets a signalling device up his ass cause he was anally probed by the peeople of Marbar. Ten Starvin Marvin comes to AMAerica (something happened in tthere tthat I missed because Stan coluld drive tthe spaace sship and got Starvin" back home.
Cartmans telescoping hhoming device kept popping out of is ass causing him great discomfort.
Maybe Im gettting that mixed up witt two episodes.

Mr Hanky
Mr Towel
Kyles dad is a geologist (ex hippie wannabee rock musician)

Somehow Timmey is less important , ever since Kenny came back from thhe dead.
My son and I bond on this show but Im afraid hes growing out of it .
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2004 09:22 pm
That's funny. I think my daughter has grown out of it--but I catch myself settling in front of the TV around 9:30--or so, more often that can be casually explained.

I remember that huge thing coming out of Cartman's ass, but the tampons, Jesus and Rod Stewart in Vegas draw a blank. And, I didn't see Starvin Marvin in that one. I WILL be watching for it, though.

I wish Timmy would (TIMMAH!) get a bigger role (TIMMAH!) He's quite a complex character.

I think Kyle's dad is in the closet.

I guess all the South Park men are in the closet--after that orgy to ward off aliens getting their jobs. (He tuk m' jahb! <Tuk 'r jahbs!>) Who would have thought of an orgy as a solution to alien workers?
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2004 09:23 pm
They all had rroids.

LOL!
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2004 10:20 pm
Well isn't this swell a bunch of South Park fans get together on New Years eve to recall all the best couthness of the show.

Hey FM how you be, long time no see (i'm just poetry in motion tonight)
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 1 Jan, 2005 06:53 am
Hey Joanne, Its been a very quiet new years in Gobblers knob , no major damaage to the farm. No bikers rioted at the Rose Bowl Inn , The Hispanic Guys that hang at La Rosa didnt cause any commotion. Really boring .(everything around here is named after a rose or else a mushroom , cause of the big Rose and/or mushroom farms? Yad think we could come up withh something else, but we are just not real creative.

SOme more SOuthhpark Remember the one where all the kids fell in love with their new teacher who, they found , was a lesbian, They didnt know what a lesbian was except that Cartmans mom said that lesbians eat carpet. So, the kids aere all in Cartmans living room munching on the carpet and wondering how this would make them lesbians

The beauty of the show is the naivete demonstrated by the kids as they attempt to find the meaning of life while growing up in a rural town like South Park.

TIMMAH, timma?

You have to admit tat SOuthpark will fulfill the entertainment needs of tte same kinds of people wo like The Three STooges., rich sophisticated humor, coupled witth pithy social commentary..

Thhe only ting I dislike about SOuthpark (and its a small thing) is that their celebrity references usually focus on canadians. (with the excepttion of Cartmans hand puppet of Jaylo)
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sat 1 Jan, 2005 09:44 am
Barb Streisand is Canajun?
0 Replies