Why is it so hard for an independent to run for President?

Reply Mon 4 Oct, 2004 09:24 am
I am not the saviest person when it come to politics, but in our great nation that is based on "equality" and is against "tyranny", why is Nader getting such a hard time running for president? I think that it is proven that he has a 5% pull, what is the problem with including him in debates and putting his name on the ballot?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 798 • Replies: 3
No top replies

padmasambava

Reply Mon 4 Oct, 2004 12:57 pm
They say you can't win if you don't play.

But they don't say much about whether you should play if you can't win.

Perhaps not.

Did Perot win the election for Clinton? Good ol' Perot. I think Bush wishes he had the charm of Perot and a spoiler with as much popularity. Last time it almost worked. More likely he and Nader will wind up with the popularity of Perot.

My question for you clube, is what kind of rare idiot will vote for Nader?
0 Replies

clubernj

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 11:03 am
Not to say that I am going to vote for Nader, but I do not like Kerry and I hate Bush. I find it kind of silly, to vote for someone I dislike because I hate the other candidate more. It is time for more options, thats all. Our 2 party system has to go. BTW who are you to crticisze anyone who votes for Nader? What kind of democratic american are you?
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 11:10 am
Well, while I may criticize Nader himself, I wouldn't dream of telling someone not to vote for whoever they pleased.

I agree that the 2 party system needs challenging... but I seriously doubt that will happen if we continue going the same direction that we are going now. This leads me to 'pick my battles,' and concentrate more on the rise of the alternatives in the years to come.

Which I hate to say! Seems like we're always saying that. I dunno Sad I'll work on it next year.

And welcome to A2K.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies