Should Obama fire James Comey (after the election of course)

giujohn

Reply Sat 5 Nov, 2016 09:25 am
@parados,
The only one pretending here is you... between the two of us I'm the only one in this conversation that has actually submitted felony packets to a district attorney for prosecution.
RABEL222

Reply Sat 5 Nov, 2016 09:43 am
@giujohn,
The FBI is investigating some altered e mail files that were released by the hackers. Notice there is complete silence by the FBI? Google it. If it helps Hillary complete silence by the kgb woops, mean the FBI.
tRump is their man,
0 Replies

parados

Reply Sat 5 Nov, 2016 09:50 am
@giujohn,
What did you submit? Felony speeding?

As a police officer you were not familiar with US Code.
giujohn

Reply Sat 5 Nov, 2016 01:01 pm
@parados,
Well when you work for DHS as FEDERAL LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICER you learn it in the FEDERAL LAW ENFORCEMENT TRAINING ACADEMY in Artesia New Mexico...like I did...oh and BTW you also learn it in the U S ARMY MILITARY POLICE SCHOOL at Ft. McClellan Al., when you need to charge civilains, Like I did.

And while speeding is not a felony DWI can be as well as vehicular homicide.

How can one person be this wrong as many times as you are?
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 5 Nov, 2016 01:29 pm
@giujohn,
DWI?
giujohn

Reply Sat 5 Nov, 2016 01:55 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Yes, Aggravated DWI is a felony.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Sat 5 Nov, 2016 02:30 pm
@giujohn,
So you are arguing we should rely on your expertise in this argument?

That is a lovely logical fallacy that causes you to lose because then we can rely on the people that are more experienced then you are who stated there was no prosecutable crime.

giujohn

Reply Sat 5 Nov, 2016 02:41 pm
@parados,
There have been many since this summer who have stated that it was and still is prosecutable that don't have a dog in the fight or are under political pressure. But you hold on to that bullshit you've been fed and I'll be waiting for you pitiful apology when the indictments are handed down.
parados

Reply Sat 5 Nov, 2016 03:03 pm
@giujohn,
Quote:
There have been many since this summer who have stated that it was and still is prosecutable that don't have a dog in the fight or are under political pressure. But you hold on to that bullshit you've been fed and I'll be waiting for you pitiful apology when the indictments are handed down.

Really? Name one FBI agent that was part of the investigation that has stated so publicly.
giujohn

Reply Sat 5 Nov, 2016 05:31 pm
@parados,
Oh pluhleezze...FBI Agents are barred from Making public statements and you know that...I am referring to former prosecutors who have stated that they would have sent it to the grand jury.

Ok I'm done with this ridiculous conversation..find a mirror and agrue with someone down at your own level of knowledge.
parados

Reply Sat 5 Nov, 2016 07:34 pm
@giujohn,
As opposed to the many more former prosecutors that say there was not evidence of a crime?

Simple fact is the FBI said there was not enough evidence of a crime to even send it to a prosecutor. As a former police officer you can certainly understand what that means.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 5 Nov, 2016 08:34 pm
@parados,
Does he? It's highly questionable from his posts.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2016 05:36 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
There is an interesting argument among left-leaning inhabitants of the interwebs.

1) Comey clearly screwed up by publishing a vague letter of innuendo with no real details 11 days before an election. This could have been due to incompetence, bowing to partisan political pressure of (worst of all) using his position to influence the election. Any of these reasons would be grounds to let him go.

That's just the standard Democratic insistence that they are above the law and it is wrong for anyone to say otherwise. A good reason for anyone who cares about ethics to vote for Republicans.

Trump really needs to go forward with the widespread prosecution of Democrats if he wins.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2016 05:37 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
1) Comey's letter raised an innuendo. It had no details. It suggested that there was something new and incriminating. But it didn't say what that was, how likely it was or even if there was anything new.

There was no innuendo. They found some unidentified emails and began investigating.

maxdancona wrote:
There is no question that Comey's action hurt Hillary's chances. He became a big part in the final days of the election. That is the problem.

Perhaps Hillary should start following the rules instead of placing herself above the law if she doesn't want her rulebreaking to rebound and harm her election chances.

maxdancona wrote:
What Comey did with that letter was extraordinary. It has never been done before.

Actually Lawrence Walsh maliciously levied bogus Iran Contra charges against Caspar Weinberger (charges that just happened to mention the name George H. W. Bush) just before the election in 1992. What you are alleging here is actually a standard DNC tactic.

But in this case, there was no malfeasance. The emails turned up. The FBI investigated them. That's what the FBI was supposed to do.

On the accusation that Comey has engaged in malfeasance typical of a Democrat, my verdict is innocent.
parados

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2016 07:16 pm
@oralloy,
Weinberger was indicted in June of 1992. That was not just before the election. It was 2 months prior to the Republican convention.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2016 05:11 pm
@maxdancona,
Not surprising but you have mischaracterized the Right's opinion of Comey. It doesn't amount to "What a great ally, and his decisions and actions have been super wonderful!"

He blasted Clinton but then let her skate. It was Dems singing his fulsome praise after that, not Republicans.

He reopened the investigation and got slaughtered by Dems, but few Repubs thought it was going to go anywhere other than where it went, just not that quickly.

I don't have the slightest idea what was going through his head, but I don't think it was all good and I hope someday we find out. He, Loretta Lynch, Obama, and of course the Clintons were responsible for making America seem like a Banana Republic. For his contribution to that depressing state of affairs, he should be fired, but that would only contribute to the Banana Republic meme if the lame duck current president was seen to deliver political retribution.

I don't think Obama should or will fire him and I hope Trump doesn't either. His credibility is shot and I think it will eventually lead to his resignation.

Unless Obama pardons Clinton (which will be all the proof anyone should need that she is a corrupt crook) the Foundation investigation will likely continue into Trump's term. I can't imagine anyone buying any conclusion he draws on that one unless it is 100% what they want to hear.

For a guy who had such a Sterling reputation, he sure found a way to tarnish it entirely. Almost a tragic figure.
Robert Gentel

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2016 09:21 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
I don't have the slightest idea what was going through his head, but I don't think it was all good and I hope someday we find out.

A plausible theory I have heard proposed is that he knew FBI agents who favored Trump were going to leak and was trying to get out ahead of the story to do damage control in a bit of a no-win situation.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2016 01:58 pm
@Robert Gentel,
That there all sorts of plausible theories makes it so fascinating.
0 Replies