Hello, I am new--and wanna get t know everyone!!!!!

timberlandko

Reply Sat 2 Oct, 2004 07:28 pm
Ya know, sometimes I drop back to visit a thread only to discover I have no idea how it got to where it went.

And really, thats pretty neat.
0 Replies

princesspupule

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2004 11:00 am
Do you think xmom will find this post since it got moved? Hi and welcome, xmom, and bella! Just in case either of you find your way back... Wink
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2004 11:07 am
princesspupule wrote:
Do you think xmom will find this post since it got moved?

Email updates link to the thread/post and not to a category.

And categories don't matter, when you look at "Your Posts"/"Your topics" either. :wink:
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2004 02:14 pm
That was really neat Duke...thanks
0 Replies

Grand Duke

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2004 02:16 pm
I thought some folks would be interested. Have you ever played Bingo? One of the sites I visited said it's commonly known as Beano in the US? It dates from 14th century Italy, apparently. Anyway...
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2004 02:19 pm
My town is full of retired folk and Bingo parlors...they even award $500 jackpots
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2004 02:30 pm
Grand Duke wrote:
It dates from 14th century Italy, apparently. Anyway...

From the very late 14th century, really. :wink:

(First officially recorded as a children's game - called 'lotto' - in 1778.[Changed name from 'lotto' to 'bingo' in the 1930's.])
0 Replies

Grand Duke

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2004 02:32 pm
Just been doing some research. There's a big national chain here, called Mecca Bingo (not very PC!). There's a big one just behind my house. Apparently they have over 3 million members (!) and 150 "houses", and a national game run over a network of some kind, with a top prize of £200,000 (over $300,000)! How crazy is that!?!
0 Replies

Grand Duke

Reply Mon 4 Oct, 2004 04:20 pm
Walter Hinteler wrote:
Grand Duke wrote:
It dates from 14th century Italy, apparently. Anyway...

From the very late 14th century, really. :wink:

(First officially recorded as a children's game - called 'lotto' - in 1778.[Changed name from 'lotto' to 'bingo' in the 1930's.])

Just in case you come back here, Walter:

Bingo's origin can be traced back to 1530, to an Italian lottery called "Lo Giuoco del Lotto D'Italia". It is still played every Saturday in Italy.

Source (about halfway down)

Let's just agree it was a long time ago! :wink:
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Mon 4 Oct, 2004 04:28 pm
Greetings, Xmom, and welcome to A2K. A delightful community, but I must offer a word of caution:

These people have a fairly short attention span and nearly every thread starts out fairly stimulating and the subject matter is quite diverse, but, and this will happen almost every single time.... the conversation turns to Bingo.

It's a phenomenon which I can not explain.

Just roll with it.

( And watch out for a guy named Panzade. We call him the Bingo King. )
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 4 Oct, 2004 04:33 pm
B-37!
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 4 Oct, 2004 04:36 pm
Hello , I am Bi-Polar Bear...softspoken, humble, a bit shy, introverted, pious and stunningly good looking. You'll like it here at A2K.....
0 Replies

Grand Duke

Reply Mon 4 Oct, 2004 04:48 pm
Xmom - I am very sorry for getting carried away and sidetracking your thread. I have to ask though, have you ever played Bingo? Laughing
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 4 Oct, 2004 04:50 pm
Dammit Grand Duke!!!! Everbody!!!! Hold your cards.....
0 Replies

Grand Duke

Reply Mon 4 Oct, 2004 04:53 pm
I'm just being friendly, Bear! Loads of people play Bingo. If Xmom plays bingo, then we've got something in common and it'll help her feel more welcome. If she doesn't, well, I'll find something else to chat to her about! No worries.
0 Replies

xmom2704

Reply Sat 9 Oct, 2004 10:11 pm
Hello all-- Sorry i haven't been on, sick baby and sick doggy. Thank you for making me feel so welcomed here. Don't worry i got a huge kick out of all the bingo talk. talk to yall soon!!!

xmom
0 Replies

Grand Duke

Reply Sun 10 Oct, 2004 06:14 pm
Glad to see I didn't scare you off, xmom! Take it easy, looking forward to seeing you back again when you get time. And I hope all is better now with baby & dog.
0 Replies

DrMom

Reply Fri 31 Aug, 2007 07:03 am
Hello and welcome to A2k , I am a Mom of 7 and 3. How come I never got a welcome kike you did?
0 Replies

margo

Reply Fri 31 Aug, 2007 07:44 pm
DrMom wrote:
Hello and welcome to A2k , I am a Mom of 7 and 3. How come I never got a welcome kike you did?

G'day Dr Mom and welcome.

Grand Duke is not posting much these days under that name - so our bingo isn't up to date Twisted Evil
0 Replies

DrMom

Reply Sat 1 Sep, 2007 05:40 pm
Thanks I feel better now.
0 Replies