george bush Has All The Strategy He Needs

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2004 04:48 am
No doubt Kerry won last night's debate. Doesn't matter.

No doubt bush looked uncomfortable and put upon.Doesn't matter.

No doubt all bush does is preach a litany of fear. That's all that's necessary.

Squinney pointed out to me that in 2000 Gore actually got more of the popular vote and that the country again seemed split down the middle. Doesn't matter.

Here's the big difference. In 2000, people weren't scared shitless. bush's people (bush is not smart enough) have designed and executed a successful campaign of keeping the fire of fear stoked and roaring in the hearts of Americans. That is all that's required.

People will suspend their belief in the obvious inabilities of bush and vote for him because they have been successfully frightened and kept that way.

bush will win. Fear the tool.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,374 • Replies: 20
No top replies

Larry434

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2004 05:02 am
Kerry certainly came across as the more skilled debater in that he was able to make his attack points without appearing mean in the process.

And Bush, being the incumbent, was of course put on the defensive. And though he had his responses down pat, he delivered them in his usual halting speech manner and thus did not look as slick as Kerry did in the process.

I think Kerry will get some bounce out of this first debate and perhaps stem the momentum Bush had and make it an even closer race.

If I were a Dem or an ABB voter, I would not be throwing in the towel just yet.
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2004 06:21 am
Same old tired rhetoric from both the incumbant and the candidate.

Nothing new that should cause anyone to switch sides or say an undecided, IMO
0 Replies

MichaelAllen

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2004 06:23 am
Bush may talk fear. But, pick any day on CNN and you will see casualties in Iraq. How many executions do we have to see before we understand the nature and the reality of what Bush is trying to say? We didn't choose terrorism, it came to us.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2004 06:29 am
MichaelAllen wrote:
Bush may talk fear. But, pick any day on CNN and you will see casualties in Iraq. How many executions do we have to see before we understand the nature and the reality of what Bush is trying to say? We didn't choose terrorism, it came to us.

Well, I hope I don't need to point out how certain American foreign policies and lack of cultural understanding perhaps led to that. What's on my mind at the moment is the support for the Taliban in the war against Russian 'invaders'. Russia had problems there as an occupier, now the US does. I'm certain that the Russians are toasting each other shouting out "Thank Pravda it's not our problem anymore!" How about a philosophy of "let's not get involved?"
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2004 06:37 am
Larry434 wrote:
Kerry certainly came across as the more skilled debater in that he was able to make his attack points without appearing mean in the process.

And Bush, being the incumbent, was of course put on the defensive. And though he had his responses down pat, he delivered them in his usual halting speech manner and thus did not look as slick as Kerry did in the process.

I think Kerry will get some bounce out of this first debate and perhaps stem the momentum Bush had and make it an even closer race.

If I were a Dem or an ABB voter, I would not be throwing in the towel just yet.

That was also my take on it. I still think that Bush could pull it out in the end if there is enough of a lapse between the debates and the election -- people have short memories. But I think overall Kerry did a good job of presenting himself as a potential president, at times looking and sounding more presidential than Bush. I think the race will get a little closer now.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2004 06:40 am
MichaelAllen wrote:

Maybe we didn't choose terrorism, but we did choose Iraq, and we could have done more to keep the terrorists from coming into Iraq once we controlled it.
0 Replies

BCP1

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2004 06:46 am
In some ways, I (a strong Bush supporter) would love to see John Kerry become the next president.
Not because I think that he would be better than Bush, because he would not.
Not that I think his idea's are good for America, because they are not.

I would like to see it just for the simple reason that the American liberals need to understand that their theory of talking the terrorists out of wanting us gone will not work. After last night, I see that a Kerry win will be the end of the U.S as we know it.
The United Nations will begin running this country, our taxes will have to increase by at least another 50%, We will have more attacks on our home soil.

I find it interesting that there was so much finger pointing by Kerry over the nuclear abilities of other countries at this time, yet he failed to mention that it was on a liberals watch that the plans for building, and the majority of the material to build ended up in those countries.

Again, the attacks on Bush were based on failures of a ousted liberal administration.

It seems to reason, if you want more problems in the world, vote liberal.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2004 06:47 am
You would wish destruction on your country just to punish the liberals? Amazing.
0 Replies

JustWonders

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2004 07:08 am
It always amuses me to read how most ABBers and/or Kerry supporters spout the opinion that anyone who supports President Bush does so because we're scared.

Of course, on any given day, they will also post some ridiculousness they've decided to believe about the current administration and then end the post by saying..."and that scares me."

Their third favorite method of denigration is saying all who support the president are stupid, uninformed or brain-dead.

While mildly annoying, I've come to realize it's the Democrats own insecurities prompting the remarks; a party whose own nominee has not only divided them but painted them into a corner of irrelevancy.

The reality is that we know Kerry's promises are hollow. He's a pacifist and isolationist and the world knows this. We also know his promises to build a strong alliance - specifically to help in Iraq - are hollow. This will not happen.

Under President Bush, the country is headed in the right direction. The economic outlook is not bleak. He is creating jobs, and not just low-paying jobs. He is funding education and trying his best to see that no child is left behind. He understands that most Americans work hard for their money and would like to keep some of it.

Kerry's only mistake is not in "how he talks about the war". His mistake is underestimating that most Americans will see through him and his hollow promises of the past 30 years, his continuous whining and his inability to offer a committed stance on any issue important to the American people.

Neither I nor anyone I know lives in fear. Am I a bit uneasy that there's a remote possibility that this country could be governed by someone who would want our troops dispersed through the world only at the directive of the United Nations? Yes, but that is not going to happen because Kerry will not be president.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2004 07:09 am
Yes BCP1, very noble...the destruction of our country just so you could be proven right? You sound just like bush......
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2004 07:18 am
bush supporters....afraid of what will happen without him......because that's what they've been told.....

everyone else....afraid of what will happen with him....because they can see what he's done.

We've become a fear driven society at the hands of bush no doubt.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2004 07:22 am
JW, could you point out which post in this thread you are referring to when you say:

Quote:
It always amuses me to read how most ABBers and/or Kerry supporters spout the opinion that anyone who supports President Bush does so because we're scared.

Of course, on any given day, they will also post some ridiculousness they've decided to believe about the current administration and then end the post by saying..."and that scares me."

Their third favorite method of denigration is saying all who support the president are stupid, uninformed or brain-dead.

These overgeneralized accusations leave me scratching my head as to who you are talking about.
0 Replies

JustWonders

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2004 07:33 am
Freeduck - read the very first post in this thread. Read it thoroughly.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2004 07:47 am
I think he was talking about Bush camp's use of fear as a campaign tool, which is hard to argue with. I don't see the leap between what BPB said and your accusation that most ABBers/Kerry supporters use the tactics you describe.
0 Replies

JustWonders

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2004 07:50 am
LOL. Of course you don't.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2004 07:53 am
Where's that birdie finger emoticon...
0 Replies

revel

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2004 10:38 am
Just Wonders wrote: post number 929308 (third paragraph on this thread)

Quote:

PCPI Posted: Thu Sep. 30, 2004 8:20 PM Post 928869 on Will you watch the debate board.

Quote:
And the DU flames on.

read their website, they have been planning all day to flood the polls with Kerry responses.

standard liberal MO. Make the decision before you hear the facts, sad to think these people are allowed to drive cars, work and vote without someone holding their hand.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2004 10:44 am
I think psychologists call it 'projection'.
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2004 12:13 pm
WASHINGTON -- The argument on Iraq between President George Bush and Senator John Kerry in last night's debate proves that neither man is qualified to be commander-in-chief, Libertarians say.

"The president stubbornly defended his decision to launch an unnecessary war that has claimed over 1,000 American lives and plunged Iraq into chaos and anarchy," said Joseph Seehusen, executive director of the Libertarian Party. "John Kerry correctly pointed out that the war was a mistake, then vowed to continue it. "

In my view, they both lost.
0 Replies