Lost

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2004 10:24 am
princesspupule wrote:
I am going on the record now that the "monster" is Alex.

I'll bet you're right... remember when Sayid said "What if it is the monster?" and the woman paused, looked at him and said, "There is no such thing as monsters."
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2004 10:30 am
This was a good episode. The golf was hilarious.

Was it just me or did Danielle look like a transvestite? She was really odd looking, couldn't decide why.

I agree that Alex is going to be something other than a human "child". An animal? A ghost?

I thought the torture scenes in the Sawyer episode were as graphic as possible without showing the details. Lots of facial expressions, and screaming, etc.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2004 11:39 am
This show stinks.

Between Lost and "Category 6: Day of Destruction", last night was the worst night in TV history since the reunion battle between Gilligan's Island and The Brady Bunch.
0 Replies

princesspupule

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2004 02:15 pm
A couple more thoughts, that weird rash, could it be whatever Danielle said for Sayid to watch for??? also, do you think that the syringe was full of some sort of antidote or innoculation to prevent the onset of the disease or whatever got the rest of Danielle's crew???

Also, by any chance, do you think Alex could be...
S
P
O
I
L
E
R

S
P
A
C
E
Hurley??? In which case "IT" isn't Alex... Question
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2004 03:13 pm
Wait, who's Hurley? You've got all their names down better than I do.

No telling about the syringe. She told him it was a sedative, right?
0 Replies

princesspupule

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2004 03:33 pm
mac11 wrote:
Wait, who's Hurley? You've got all their names down better than I do.

No telling about the syringe. She told him it was a sedative, right?

Oh, yeah... I think you're right... I think I was off with that idea, just bouncing it...

Hurley is the fat guy who seems to be Jack's sidekick...

The next episode is called, "Raised by Another," and is supposed to be about Claire, but I'm guessing it'll also be about Alex... But I'm pulling at straws~jumping to conclusions, all that...
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2004 03:36 pm
Well, there could have been more than just a sedative in that syringe.

This is one of those shows that asks more questions than it answers. We have to make up our own answers until they give us some! Very Happy I like that sort of thing, but I think some people are turned off by it. They prefer simpler plots and all the plot points answered every week... I prefer the mystery.
0 Replies

princesspupule

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2004 03:58 pm
mac11 wrote:
This is one of those shows that asks more questions than it answers. We have to make up our own answers until they give us some! Very Happy I like that sort of thing, but I think some people are turned off by it. They prefer simpler plots and all the plot points answered every week... I prefer the mystery.

Yep- mystery appeals to me too! And all the layers of intrigue, like their names... "Locke" and the philosopher, John Locke, who was famous for essays on how the mind functions in learning about the world... Jack "Shepard," who seems to be a guiding force... "Kate," which means "purity," and Sawyer who is not really Sawyer at all, and gives nicknames to everything, including the jungle... roflmao! Laughing

And the scenery- where they were playing golf is gorgeous! Oahu is such a beautiful island, and still has places which are off the beaten track! (The outer islands, one of which I live on, have many more places, but Oahu is a lovely place!)

And that it is supposed to be scientifically plausible, or at least within the bounds of the laws governing science as we know it now, I just gotta love that! I was really wondering if those rumors would turn out to be wrong, that it was based upon metaphysics rather than physics, and I am SO VERY GLAD they are heading toward a place where I can suspend *my* disbelief and fall into the story, its dramas, guess ahead, infer what I wish to... You can't get as excited about CSI and the clones, or Desperate Housewives... Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Fri 3 Dec, 2004 03:29 pm
So did you watch Wednesday? It was a good one.

We got the back story on Claire, the pregnant girl as well as a good look at Alex(?) - though he used a different name, didn't he?

But didn't Danielle say that "everyone" was dead?
0 Replies

princesspupule

Reply Fri 3 Dec, 2004 04:29 pm
mac11 wrote:
So did you watch Wednesday? It was a good one.

We got the back story on Claire, the pregnant girl as well as a good look at Alex(?) - though he used a different name, didn't he?

But didn't Danielle say that "everyone" was dead?

Yes, but she also asked Sayid if he'd seen her child... As an anagram, Ethan Rom = "other man" or "more than"... Or, if it was "Romm," "Mother man." Laughing I really think Danielle was trying to stick Claire with the antidote, but it does seem as if Ethan is the kidnapper, doesn't it? But again, is anything as it seems??? I can't wait for next week!!!
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2004 12:07 pm
Pretty good one this week... What do you think they found at the very end?
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2004 12:13 pm
It was very good, but Jack's back story with his dad was a little one-note and predictable. I guess the stuff happening on the island was too exciting to take the time out for back story...

Maybe it's a hatch?

But I must admit that I was reminded of the Stephen King (?) novel about the buried spaceship... can't think of the name of that one.
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2004 12:15 pm
Got it ... Tommyknockers.
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2004 12:25 pm
Was it just me or was the Doc loosing it this episode? Running off into the forests like a wild man... pounding on whats his faces chest while trying to revive him... I think this whole leader role is starting to get to him. I'm expecting him to snap soon.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2004 12:27 pm
I think they named this show after the writers...
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2004 12:31 pm
cjhsa... you crack me up man Laughing
0 Replies

flyboy804

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2004 02:49 pm
I'm not sure that the writers have a firm (if any) idea as to where the plot is heading
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2004 02:50 pm
Yes, but they're all getting a nice vacation in Hawaii, aren't they?
0 Replies

princesspupule

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2004 05:24 pm
Oh, yeah, I totally LOVING this show!!! The jungle they were tracking Charlie through? Could've been my old backyard... It's so godawful beautiful in Hawaii, I must say... Cool

Didja notice that Kate actually tried acting this week? Laughing Jack is turning out to be a major PITA imnsho... WHat'cha'll bet his character thinks HE saved Charlie- not the island? Laughing The plot would've been sharper if he HAD died, but I like the little hobbit bass player, so I'm kinda glad it was written to pander to the LOTR fans watching this show...

What do I think that metal thing is? Hm... Some sort of A-bomb shelter left over from WW2, maybe... And maybe Alex lives there, or nearby...

What did you make of Boone and Locke going off following a trail that WASN'T Charlie/Claire/Ethan's? Confused
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2004 05:56 pm
I think they followed the right track. I think Ethan took charlie down one way, leaving the trail the whole time, to lure them that way while someone else took Claire down the other path.

My guess is the metal thing is going to be some sort of old wreckage from way back when. It may just be TV reality, but have you noticed nobody is changing.. at all? No beards, the fat guy isn't getting any skinnier, hair isn't really growing... I think there is a wierd time distortion thing and we are going to find out that Ethan has been on the island for a long long time.
0 Replies