Broke no contact but got a good response maybe?

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2016 09:35 pm
So, About half a year ago I got broken up with by my girlfriend of almost 2 years, I was destroyed but she exclaimed there was too much stress in both our lives and she is an emotional wreck who can't handle it. After crying heart out I ended up giving in and respecting her choice to leave her alone and needs time.

Well, not a day has passed where I don't think about her because of how well we clicked with each other and how hard i fell in love with her. I've done the dating afterwards and nothing is working. I actually worked on myself to make myself a better person for ME and I ended up getting my own place and a full time job with benfeits. Recently I broke no contact and recieved a response to mine saying " i have no hard feelings for you and she thought I didnt want to acknowledge her becuase it seemed i was avoiding her, in which case I thought the same thing about her!.

Anyways, she tells me she is going through alot of hard stuff at the moment and I try to give my word and say sorry. SHe rtesponds "Im glad youve been working on yourself i just have alot going on" "Im not sure if i have the emotional capacity to start repairing relationships right now and i can barely keep myself together"

I told her i totally understand and I just miss her and want to have her part of my life again even if it's just normal conversations and im not trying to be brute!

This is where Im confused because of the context, does it mean just not RIGHT NOW or its been to far and not worth it now?

She responds with " I know you're not, I just know im not ready to mend any burnt bridges at this point"

Me: i can understand that, youre not ready then youre not thats fine, but i do want to be part of your life or are we that dismantled?"
Her: im fine with that just dont expect me to open up like i used too" " I would be thrilled for us to be amicable to be honest"

I thank her and say i have stress too so i understand then she responds:
"Well i appreciate you reaching out to me, and i do want us to be on good terms so thank you for making the first move"

I said anytime, means alot to me thank you for listening to me, Hope today goes better for you!

It ended there, my question, Is she still in the old mindset of us? and not the new set of how we are now? I've learned alot and im sure she has as well, stress or not I'm curious if she even has the slightest feelings for me anymore like i do.

I know people think once youve broken up thats it its over, but I always think there can be a second chance depending on how things ended. Girl thoughts on what she meant by the first 2 quotes? not ready yet? or never again?

I just want my heart to be filled again with someone who was my life and best friend.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 1,042 • Replies: 7
No top replies

animemaxium

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2016 09:52 pm
@animemaxium,
Also she may have been happy i made the first move but she hasnt texted back now, Should i wait a day and text her again and see how shes doing? I don't want to lose contact again, im trying to make my way back in.
CoastalRat

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2016 05:45 am
@animemaxium,
Nothing you wrote indicates that she has any desire to even think about rekindling a relationship with you. You are simply taking your hopes and looking for anything from her that you can grasp upon.

You've been pining over this girl for over a year. It is well past time to move on. She is not interested at this time, so you can either put your life on hold and continue to wait for her (which may never happen) or you can start looking for someone who will reciprocate your love. Guess which choice I would suggest you make?
ehBeth

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2016 07:29 am
@animemaxium,
animemaxium wrote:
Should i wait a day and text her again and see how shes doing? I don't want to lose contact again, im trying to make my way back in.

she's made it pretty clear that she's not interested in restarting anything other than a casual friendship at this point

take it easy

don't push the texts/contacts too hard. a checking in text a couple of times a week is more than enough. give her space to deal with her life. don't suggest solutions/fixes at this point. let her sort things out for herself.

in the meantime, get out and meet people in real life
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2016 09:16 am
@animemaxium,
Quote:
I got broken up with by my girlfriend of almost 2 years, I was destroyed but she exclaimed there was too much stress in both our lives and she is an emotional wreck who can't handle it.

Well, not a day has passed where I don't think about her because of how well we clicked with each other

So what was all the stress about?

Usually, people who "click with each other' make for less stress, not more.

"There are no contradictions. If you see one, examine your premise."
- A. Rand
0 Replies

Eliusa

Reply Sat 15 Oct, 2016 05:17 pm
@animemaxium,
Keep texting lighthearted stuff like good morning, wish you have a a good day.
Be creative.
Nice.
Funny! Are you fun?

And please, think what could provoke break up.
Sometimes its such a simple trivial stupid things like your feet smelled funky.
It was ok before but she was PMSing and it felt disquisting!
Though if this is a thang - you better off without her.

Bother her until she will tell you rudely to STOP!
What are your zodiac signs? Go read up.
Helped me to keep my love getting stronger but it takes a lot of reading.

Good luck and if you need me - pm. I have a lots of friends here whom I am talking to for years now. Hugs

0 Replies

Eliusa

Reply Sat 15 Oct, 2016 05:19 pm
@CoastalRat,
You are alive? Glad to see you are keeping up with your nonsenses! LOL
Hugs
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Sun 16 Oct, 2016 05:43 am
You are not listening to her. She says she's under stress - and does not have time or energy to put things back together.

Still, you make this about yourself. What YOU want and how you want to feel.

Move on. If you two had a better past, she would run back to you because that would be what she needed.

PS: why do you want to have a relationship with someone who is under stress?

0 Replies