Top Republican Spokesman Thinks Pussy Grabbing Might Not Be Assault

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2016 02:47 pm
Top Republican Spokesman Thinks Pussy Grabbing Might Not Be Assault
Source: Mother Jones

Sean Spicer, a top Republican National Committee official, on Sunday night refused to acknowledge that the conduct Donald Trump claimed to have engaged in during a 2005 Access Hollywood taping constitutes sexual assault. In that video, which has roiled the GOP since its release Friday afternoon by the Washington Post, Trump discussed forcibly kissing women and grabbing their genitals. "Grab them by the pussy," Trump said. "You can do anything." In the days since, the press has referred to what Trump described as sexual assault. Trump's shocking comments caused women around the country to come forward with their own stories of being assaulted in this way on social media and in the press—describing it repeatedly as a violent form of sexual assault that still haunts them.

But Spicer, the RNC's communications director, refused to acknowledge that grabbing someone's genitals is sexual assault when asked about this by The Weekly Standard after Sunday's debate. "I don't know," he said. "I'm not a lawyer."

<snip>

Spicer isn't the only Trump supporter trying to claim that what Trump described is not sexual assault. Sen. Jeff Sessions (R-Ala.) also denied that groping someone's genitals is sexual assault. Here is Sessions' exchange with The Weekly Standard:

SESSIONS: This was very improper language, and he's acknowledged that.

TWS: But beyond the language, would you characterize the behavior described in that as sexual assault if that behavior actually took place?

SESSIONS: I don't characterize that as sexual assault. I think that's a stretch. I don't know what he meant—

TWS: So if you grab a woman by the genitals, that's not sexual assault?

SESSIONS: I don't know. It's not clear that he—how that would occur.

Unlike Spicer, Sessions is a lawyer—one who's nomination to a federal judgeship three decades ago capsized after critics accused him of racism.

Read more: http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2016/10/gop-spokesman-doesnt-know-if-grabbing-genitals-sexual-assault

Sick bastards - trying to minimize what tRump has done. Jeff Sessions needs to be forced out of the Senate.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 10 • Views: 2,078 • Replies: 60

Blickers

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2016 09:59 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
I guess the Republicans decided that they can re-define sexual assault out of existence through social media.
0 Replies

Below viewing threshold (view)
McGentrix

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2016 11:41 am
@giujohn,
giujohn wrote:

Here's a question for those who are not used to critical thinking and to those who realize that this charge is nothing but bullshit but are intentionally trying to stir the pot:

If Donald Trump had actually grabbed anybody by the pussy in a sexual assault instead of just talking like most guys do bragging about stuff they never actually did don't you think that the woman who had their pussy grabbed would have come forward by now???

The way I understand Liberal thinking, saying that lynching Trump by burning him with lighter fluid and roasting marshmallows over the burning corpse is "humorous" while saying you like to grab sexy women by the pussy is nasty and vile and should only be taken as a direct attack against all women.

There is no getting into the heads of the fucktarded left.
maxdancona

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2016 12:06 pm
@McGentrix,
I think you are making a mistake McGentrix.

There is a big difference when a candidate has said something him or herself. I don't believe that Hillary has said anything in her life as outrageous as the things Trump has said.

Digging up things said by random people on the street are the same.

By the way, I am not against Donald Trump. I am beginning to love Donald Trump more than ever. What he is doing to the Republican Party is simply wonderful. It is likely that the impact he has on the party will last for decades.
chai2

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2016 03:25 pm
@giujohn,
giujohn wrote:

don't you think that the woman who had their pussy grabbed would have come forward by now???

Perhaps not.

And if you choose to come back with all sorts of reasons why she would have, my response will be the same.
glitterbag

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2016 03:42 pm
@McGentrix,
So Mac, it will be open season on Mrs. Mac as soon as your friends learn you have such a generous nature. How utterly broad minded of you to invite others to paw all over your misses. You're a prince.
ehBeth

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2016 05:44 pm
@giujohn,
giujohn wrote:
don't you think that the woman who had their pussy grabbed would have come forward by now???

No.

I know one woman/former colleague who left her job with Mr. Trump and returned home after being assaulted by him. She told a few friends, but otherwise decided it was safest not to say anything. She'd been so proud and excited to be offered the job with Mr. Trump - to get the green card to work in the US. She thought she was really going to put her mark on the world.

She was embarrassed by what had happened. She initially believed that old "she must have asked for it" line. Things have changed in the last decade.

She knows she didn't ask for anything other than a chance to do a good job.
ossobucotemp

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2016 05:57 pm
I've been following the Guardian's live feed on the US election today, off and on, as they have updates at different times, and I've learned about various takes on stuff. Just a while ago they printed Obama's speech in Greensboro..

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/live/2016/oct/11/trump-tape-paul-ryan-support

Hey, their coverage on this is almost as good as their coverage of tennis matches, which I've long enjoyed. Not to mention the golf craziness in Scotland..
0 Replies

Blickers

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2016 05:59 pm
@ehBeth,
Wow! Chance of us getting any details?
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2016 06:28 pm
@ehBeth,
Sometimes I don't think things have changed. I'm not out in the maelstrom anymore and my friends and acquaintances have by and large not been boorish or worse (if they were sort of boorish they were actually funny), usually the opposite, for my whole now longish life, with one exception which I don't talk about, plain old rape, long ago. That can make a woman wary, not re friends but the unknown others, at least for a while.

Off the cuff I'd say people learn from their parents or guardians and, in a way, that is the luck of the draw, how you grow up, how you are steered. Not that people have no power in those conditions, but it can be a tough start.

Re my first sentence, maybe they have changed. I do think I see women speaking out more. Or maybe I'm reading better newspapers.

Just in the last few days I've been reading about conservative women moving to anti Trump. No links saved.
ossobucotemp

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2016 06:43 pm
@ossobucotemp,
Makes me laugh... this thread on Trump deemed to be Not Safe For Work, NSFW (well, some firms wouldn't want to see it on their computers).
Isn't this a kind of Ultimate Irony?
0 Replies

Krumple

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2016 08:05 pm
@giujohn,
giujohn wrote:

Hmm... Billionaire assaults me (I should be so lucky) and I don't come forward...it's like throwing away the winning Powerball ticket...don't believe this nonsense for a minute.

I think you are underestimating the power of money. He can afford the lawyer that will get him off on a technicality, youll be found the guilty one after bribing the judge. Youll go home with court fees wondering what just happened.
giujohn

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2016 09:09 pm
@Krumple,
With the potential payday I to will be able to afford the attorney who will tie his ass up in court for free until he settles and both the attorney and I will get paid.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 12 Oct, 2016 05:43 am
@glitterbag,
Gloria Allred Says More Women Are Contacting Her About Trump Misconduct
Source: Gothamist

Donald Trump's disgusting behavior towards women has ranged from fat-shaming to allegations of sexual harassment, and, as we heard in the infamous "hot mic" audio from a 2005 Access Hollywood segment, even sexual assault: "You know I’m automatically attracted to beautiful—I just start kissing them. It’s like a magnet... And when you're a star, they let you do it, you can do anything. Grab 'em by the pussy." Unsurprisingly, allegations are flying about much more dirty laundry yet to be aired, with reporters chasing down possibly damaging evidence and looking for other victims.

Gloria Allred, the civil rights lawyer who takes on high-profile targets, like Bill Cosby, Roman Polanski and, yes, Trump, confirmed to us that since the Access Hollywood tape's release, she has been "contacted by women who allege inappropriate contact by Mr. Trump."

More to the point, Allred discussed how Trump's words suggest criminal behavior. "If there is an unwanted or unconsented to touching of a person’s intimate parts such as the genital areas or a woman’s breasts, that could constitute a sexual assault or a sexual battery," she explained yesterday. She added that "when Rudy Giuliani was asked" on Sunday's political programs "if Donald Trump was describing a sexual assault on the recently released 2005 video, he responded, 'That’s what he was talking about.'" Allred said, "I am disgusted by what Donald Trump said and admitted that he had done on that video. An apology is not enough."

-snip-

Allred, a Clinton supporter, was a delegate at the Democratic National Convention. She successfully fought Trump and the Miss Universe pageant to allow transgender contestant Jenna Talackova to compete in the Miss Universe Canada event. During the DNC, Allred told Variety, "I know the only way to beat Trump is to confront him, head on and to refuse to let him get away with his bullying behavior. I think people want someone to stand up and confront him. I think a strong approach with Trump is warranted and that Hillary is more than capable of fighting back and winning this battle."

Read more: http://gothamist.com/2016/10/10/gloria_allred_trump.php
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 12 Oct, 2016 06:07 am

Seth Meyers Goes After One Part of Trump's P*ssy Grab Video That America Missed

"Even the act of departing the bus managed to be embarrassing for Trump."

By Alexandra Rosenmann / AlterNet
October 11, 2016

NBC "Late Night" host Seth Meyers often doesn't get enough credit for being perhaps the first comic to take digs at Trump's presidential run. And on Monday, given the fallout from the leaked Hollywood Access tape and Sunday night's second presidential debate, the host had plenty to work with.

“It looks like this week will be forever remembered as the one [when] the Trump train collided head-on with the Access Hollywood bus,” Meyers opened before playing the leaked tape, which "you probably know better now than your five-year-old knows Frozen," the host joked.

Trump's lewd commentary recorded on the 2005 video was reported first by the Washington Post and has since received airtime on every show that can play it.

“A man who is this close to the highest office in the land now occupies the lowest office in the land: the pervert on the bus,” Meyers said with a smirk after playing the first half of the video.

"[But] even the act of departing the bus managed to be embarrassing for Trump," Meyers noted, proceeding to play the second half.

"It's always good if you don't fall out of the bus," Trump says in the tape.

"Down below, pull the handle," Billy Bush tells Trump after Trump raps on the glass.

"I'm sorry, what's more pathetic, a major party nominee who talks about women like that or one who thinks you get out of a bus by knocking on the glass?" asked Meyers. "I guess in the end, Donald Trump is the man to defeat ISIS, as long as ISIS isn't on the other side of a door."

Meyers also mocked his fellow NBC employee (now former) "Today" show host Billy Bush, pointing out that Bush was suspended by the network following the tape's release.

"There is now a higher standard for the host of the third hour of the 'Today' show than there is for Republican nominee for president," said Meyers.

Watch:
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2016 02:15 pm
@giujohn,
so youre going to take on the entire Trump organization with some contingency attorney.