Top Republican Spokesman Thinks Pussy Grabbing Might Not Be Assault

glitterbag

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2016 03:32 pm
@farmerman,
Isn't that how Clarence Darrow got started?
farmerman

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2016 04:27 pm
@glitterbag,
naah, He started only doing simple ass cases dealing with farming clients. When he started into bigger Ohio cities he became known for taking bribes.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2016 04:35 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
I don't believe that Hillary has said anything in her life as outrageous as the things Trump has said.

It was pretty outrageous when Hillary used underhanded tactics to devastate a rape victim in court so that her rapist could get away with it, and then laugh about it afterwards.

It also was pretty outrageous when Hillary tried to intimidate the woman that Bill Clinton raped.

For that matter, it was pretty outrageous for Bill Clinton to rape someone. And since the Democrats think it is OK for Bill Clinton to rape people, this is relevant to Hillary's candidacy.

maxdancona wrote:
By the way, I am not against Donald Trump. I am beginning to love Donald Trump more than ever. What he is doing to the Republican Party is simply wonderful. It is likely that the impact he has on the party will last for decades.

The only way he will have a lasting impact will be by being elected president. And in that case, you will not like his impact very much.

If he is not elected, then he will not have any lasting impact.
Blickers

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2016 06:45 pm
@oralloy,
The judge assigned Hillary to defend the man accused of rape. Legally and ethically, she had to do her best to defend her client, for that is how our justice system works. She did. If you think she should have tanked the case or done less than her best, then I'd like to see you holler and cry when you are accused of something and you find out your lawyer doesn't like you and is going real easy on your defense.
ossobucotemp

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2016 06:48 pm
@Blickers,
I read today somewhere that she wanted to get out of the assignment but couldn't. No link saved.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2016 07:09 pm
@Blickers,
Blickers wrote:
The judge assigned Hillary to defend the man accused of rape. Legally and ethically, she had to do her best to defend her client, for that is how our justice system works. She did. If you think she should have tanked the case or done less than her best, then I'd like to see you holler and cry when you are accused of something and you find out your lawyer doesn't like you and is going real easy on your defense.

There is a difference between "doing your best to represent a client" and "using unscrupulous tactics, then afterwards laughing about having ruined the life of a rape victim".

Certainly she should have done her best to defend the guy. But she should have been ethical about doing it.
glitterbag

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2016 08:34 pm
@oralloy,
Don't ever change Oralboy, it will screw up the curve.
oralloy

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2016 08:36 pm
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:
Don't ever change Oralboy, it will screw up the curve.

Your name-calling is as childish and pathetic as ever.
Blickers

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2016 08:52 pm
@oralloy,
She tried to get out of the case. She did not laugh at the circumstances of the crime, but did laugh at some of the legal maneuverings surrounding the case.

In 1975, Hillary Clinton — then known as Hillary Rodham — taught at the University of Arkansas School of Law, where she founded the University of Arkansas School Legal Aid Clinic. It was during this time that she defended Thomas Alfred Taylor, a 41-year-old man accused of raping a 12-year-old girl.

In her book “Living History,” Clinton recalls that Mahlon Gibson, a Washington County prosecutor, told her that the accused rapist “wanted a woman lawyer” to defend him, and that Gibson had recommended Clinton to Judge Maupin Cummings. “I told Mahlon I really didn’t feel comfortable taking on such a client, but Mahlon gently reminded me that I couldn’t very well refuse the judge’s request.”

Gibson corroborated Clinton’s story in a 2014 interview with CNN.

CNN, June 25, 2014: Gibson said Clinton called him shortly after the judge assigned her to the case and said, “I don’t want to represent this guy. I just can’t stand this. I don’t want to get involved. Can you get me off?”

“I told her, ‘Well contact the judge and see what he says about it,’ but I also said don’t jump on him and make him mad,” Gibson said. “She contacted the judge and the judge didn’t remove her and she stayed on the case.”

In a separate 2014 interview, Clinton said she had an “obligation” to represent Taylor. “I had a professional duty to represent my client to the best of my ability, which I did,” she said.

In her book, Clinton writes that she visited Taylor in the county jail and he “denied the charges against him and insisted that the girl, a distant relative, had made up her story.” Clinton filed a motion to order the 12-year-old girl to get a psychiatric examination. “I have been informed that the complainant is emotionally unstable with a tendency to seek out older men and engage in fantasizing … [and] that she has in the past made false accusations about persons, claiming they had attacked her body,” according to an affidavit filed by Clinton in support of her motion.

Clinton also cited an expert in child psychology who said that “children in early adolescence tend to exaggerate or romanticize sexual experiences and that adolescents with disorganized families, such as the complainant’s, are even more prone to such behavior,” Clinton wrote in her affidavit.

Ultimately, expert testimony from a scientist “cast doubt on the evidentiary value of the blood and semen the prosecutor claimed proved the defendant’s guilt in the rape,” Clinton writes in her book. Clinton negotiated a plea deal and Taylor was charged with “Unlawful Fondling of a Child Under the Age of Fourteen” and was sentenced to one year in a county jail and four years of probation, according to a final judgment signed by Cummings.

In 2014, the Washington Free Beacon published the audio of an interview that Arkansas reporter Roy Reed conducted with Clinton in the 1980s. In the interview, Clinton recalls some unusual details of the rape case, and she can be heard laughing in three instances, beginning with a joke she makes about the accuracy of polygraphs.

Clinton: Of course he claimed he didn’t. All this stuff. He took a lie detector test. I had him take a polygraph, which he passed, which forever destroyed my faith in polygraphs. [laughs]

At another point, Clinton said the prosecutor balked at turning over evidence, forcing her to go to the judge to obtain it.

Clinton: So I got an order to see the evidence and the prosecutor didn’t want me to see the evidence. I had to go to Maupin Cummings and convince Maupin that yes indeed I had a right to see the evidence [laughs] before it was presented.

Clinton then said that the evidence she obtained was a pair of the accused’s underwear with a hole in it. Clinton told Reed that investigators had cut out a piece of the underwear and sent the sample to a crime lab to be tested, and the only evidence that remained was the underwear with a hole in it.

Clinton took the remaining evidence to a forensic expert in Brooklyn, New York, and the expert told her that the material on the underwear wasn’t enough to test. “He said, you know, ‘You can’t prove anything,'” Clinton recalled the expert telling her.

Clinton: I wrote all that stuff and I handed it to Mahlon Gibson, and I said, “Well this guy’s ready to come up from New York to prevent this miscarriage of justice.”

http://www.factcheck.org/2016/06/clintons-1975-rape-case/
oralloy

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2016 09:28 pm
@Blickers,
Quote:
“I have been informed that the complainant is emotionally unstable with a tendency to seek out older men and engage in fantasizing … [and] that she has in the past made false accusations about persons, claiming they had attacked her body,” according to an affidavit filed by Clinton in support of her motion.

It would have been much better if she had made it clear that her "information" came from the accused.
Blickers

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2016 09:57 pm
@oralloy,
She has to represent her client. If her client tells her this, she has to follow it up. As it turned out, scientists did testify that the physical evidence against her client was no good, so who knows what happened? She got it busted down to a lesser charge and the guy did time. She did her job-after requesting the judge not to stick her with the client, which request the judge did not honor.
glitterbag

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2016 10:54 pm
@Blickers,
Everyone is entitled to a defense, and that is the lawyers job. If anyone is ever falsely accused, they will be grateful to the lawyer who defends them. That's how our legal system works, regardless of others bloodlust. We don't overnight by mob rule.
oralloy

Reply Sat 15 Oct, 2016 09:01 am
@Blickers,
Blickers wrote:
She has to represent her client. If her client tells her this, she has to follow it up.

Was it necessary though to follow it up by savaging a rape victim this way? There are lots of different legal strategies that a lawyer can use.
oralloy

Reply Sat 15 Oct, 2016 09:03 am
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:
Everyone is entitled to a defense, and that is the lawyers job. If anyone is ever falsely accused, they will be grateful to the lawyer who defends them. That's how our legal system works, regardless of others bloodlust. We don't overnight by mob rule.

Very good. But an ethical lawyer might choose to not horribly savage a rape victim as part of their legal strategy.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Sat 15 Oct, 2016 12:06 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
is as childish and pathetic as ever.

Her only saving grace is that you are also.
Blickers

Reply Sat 15 Oct, 2016 02:24 pm
@oralloy,
Quote Oralloy:
Quote:
Was it necessary though to follow it up by savaging a rape victim this way? There are lots of different legal strategies that a lawyer can use.

No such savaging took place at all. In fact, there wasn't even a trial. No testimony, nothing. The entire plea deal took place in pre-trial motions among the lawyer and prosecutor's office, and on the trial date Hillary's client pleaded guilty to a lesser charge and was taken off to jail.

Again, the right wing makes up fables and sells it to their audience.
glitterbag

Reply Sat 15 Oct, 2016 04:23 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Bob, you might be childish too if you still lived with your mommy as her dependent.
ossobucotemp

Reply Sat 15 Oct, 2016 04:57 pm
@glitterbag,
Is that true? if so, there may be reasons.
What is this mommy and dependent stuff?
I've recently agreed with him a couple of times... rare.
Plenty of americans struggle whatever their beliefs, political or otherwise.

Plenty of americans are a mess --- just check CI, re me living in squalor. Years of support for him by me, that's what I get. I made fun of him once, when he was going to leave if he had to wait for some seconds to post.)

oralloy

Reply Mon 17 Oct, 2016 01:36 pm
@Blickers,
Blickers wrote:
No such savaging took place at all. In fact, there wasn't even a trial. No testimony, nothing. The entire plea deal took place in pre-trial motions among the lawyer and prosecutor's office, and on the trial date Hillary's client pleaded guilty to a lesser charge and was taken off to jail.

Hillary filed an affidavit that falsely accused the victim of bad behavior.
oralloy

Reply Mon 17 Oct, 2016 01:38 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:
oralloy wrote:
Your name-calling is as childish and pathetic as ever.

Her only saving grace is that you are also.

It is hardly childish and pathetic for me to post facts in threads.