boomerang

Reply Wed 29 Sep, 2004 04:43 pm
You can order it frozen online but I've never tried it.
0 Replies

princesspupule

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2004 09:50 am
Salmon cakes, salmon patties, salmon croquettes... that's what I was thinking of... She's coming over for dinner tomorrow, bringing her cans. Laughing We'll cook together. Laughing which'll be a laff and a haff since neither of us are great cooks- I am famous for setting off the smoke detector and waving a towel under it as my guests arrive. Laughing I'll get a nice big bottle of wine and make a huge salad and we 2 shall have at it. Wink Hopefully the kids'll eat them, too. Laughing

Btw, the okra was good (but the kids didn't like it) and the scallops I made w/the help of this forum were delicious. I have yet to make my hamburger samosas w/the phyllo dough- perhaps tomorrow- salmon samosas? Nah... Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2004 09:53 am
Salmon burgers?
0 Replies

princesspupule

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2004 10:04 am
cavfancier wrote:
Salmon burgers?
Maybe. The kids loved the scallop burgers, at least 2/3 of them did. :p
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2004 10:06 am
That would work...a little sweet onion, parsley, egg, and you could even coat them in bread crumbs if you want.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2004 11:34 am
My stepson (34) eats his croquettes with a little tartar sauce between two slices of bread. I'd never seen them eaten that way before I met him and it reminded me of a little kid.
0 Replies

princesspupule

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2004 10:55 am
cavfancier wrote:
Hmm...try this: Saute some sliced onions and garlic until soft, add some diced tomatoes and let them soften, stir in the canned salmon, and a bit of curry powder, heat through, deglaze with a little white wine, add cream and just bring to a boil to reduce a bit, finish with chopped fresh coriander.

We did this to it, but omitted the cream and the coriander. My friend and I ate it, but nobody else ate very much. My boyfriend wanted us to remove the bones prior to cooking, which we didn't (the main reason we opted for this recipe over the croquettes- getting those stupid bones out of it.) I fed a piece to the cat and he barfed it up in the hallway. Crying or Very sad

We'll try croquettes next time if she gets more cans. Wink
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2004 01:00 pm
Hmmm, the canned salmon I get has no bones or if it does, the bones are soft and chewable. No need to debone it. As a kid, I got a big kick out of that because my mother was so uptight about one of the kids choking on a bone (we ate ALOT of fish growing up) so to be able to chew them up and not think about it was liberating. For a 10 year old. Smile
0 Replies