Love it or leave it - #12 & 35 - Bullshivics

Reply Tue 28 Sep, 2004 09:43 pm
Each time a Democrat disagrees with Republican policies he/she inevitably gets called an America hater, gets told to Love it or leave it. With each mention of demonstrations against government policies we are fed tales by these people of violent protestors deserving to be shot (Oh, I support the people's right to protest, but - and then talk of shooting to kill comes up again). I for one consider it love of country of the highest order to stand up to the thugs who have hijacked America. I plan to be here long after these people have been discredited and get forced to regroup and repackage their bankrupt ideas for the next try. Unfortunately, the Democratic Party may have to go also, for all too many of their leaders lay low in times of greatest danger (to their careers). On that point we will have to wait and see.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 864 • Replies: 17
No top replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 29 Sep, 2004 03:12 am
I'm with you on this, Edgar.

Unfortunately, American conservatives are the most vocal about a desire to "preserve" American rights...but they apparently have almost no idea of what American rights are...or how they can, and should, be used.

They're the same way about Christianity. The LEAST Christian people I personally know are found among the poor deluded souls who describe themselves as Christian conservatives.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Wed 29 Sep, 2004 03:23 am
guys, they are full of something.

not true american patriotism, as in love of their country and what it stands for. and certainly not what their saviour taught.

this type of person can whip up verbatims for days. but they do not understand what the words mean.

thank you, evelyn wood.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 29 Sep, 2004 12:04 pm
It's symptomatic of the greed that has taken over the nation. When you teach our children that money is the most important thing in life, Republicanism is the result; a political philosophy that holds the dollar as the bottom line, and has little patience for the problems of those who are not willing to fall in step with it's plans.

It's sickening, really. Truly.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 29 Sep, 2004 08:01 pm
Appeasers. I forgot that to disagree with tough macho kill'em all now talk and action is to be an appeaser. Perhaps even a traitor.
0 Replies

Joe Republican

Reply Thu 30 Sep, 2004 11:32 am
Just a true thread not only on American politics, but America as a whole. Hopefully we will one day be able to look on this dark point in history and know that we made a change for the better. It's my one hope for the future of our country.

On topic, there is nothing more unAmerican than the failure to listen to the opposite side. It was what our country was founded on, think of the great ones throughout history. Fredrick Douglas, Patrick Henry, John Kennedy. . . All of them wanted what's right for our country before themselves, instead we have a bunch of me-first politicians running the country looking out for only their power and their ability to give their backers what they want. In essence, they have sold out not only our country, but also their souls to make them even more powerful and untouchable. It's not only a travesty, but it will go down as one of the darkest moments of our country, an utter failure in democracy brought about by the fear and death campaign but on by the Bushies. Utterly disgusting.
0 Replies

padmasambava

Reply Thu 30 Sep, 2004 11:37 am
I share your disgust, Joe.

What's troubling to me is the ever troubling fact that demagogues are often successful.

The worst effect of the fact that Bush is an appointed president, is that it has created the illusion that he is both incumbent and and an underdog.

If he can somehow show that he can actually win one (for the Gipper I suppose) that somehow he will have proven he has won our hearts.

I don't think he is an underdog with the media applauding him as much as they do. The notion is half correct.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 30 Sep, 2004 04:58 pm
The Bush types are having their way just now, but even they would fear the overwhelming rejection of voters and would stand down if voters demanded it. What I fear is four or ten or twenty years down the road if they are allowed to have their way according to the trend. By then they may be ensconced so thoroughly that the coup will be complete. No third parties on ballots, both parties carbons of the government's blueprint.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Thu 30 Sep, 2004 08:43 pm
edgarblythe wrote:
The Bush types are having their way just now, but even they would fear the overwhelming rejection of voters and would stand down if voters demanded it. What I fear is four or ten or twenty years down the road if they are allowed to have their way according to the trend. By then they may be ensconced so thoroughly that the coup will be complete. No third parties on ballots, both parties carbons of the government's blueprint.
The threat to third parties is the Democrats. They have been trying like gangbusters to remove Nader off of the ballot. When I say gangs, I mean like the Mafia working over competition.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 30 Sep, 2004 08:46 pm
The threat to third parties is apathy.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Thu 30 Sep, 2004 08:48 pm
edgarblythe wrote:
The threat to third parties is apathy.
You don't agree that the Dems have been trying to keep Nader off the ballot?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2004 05:00 am
You don't agree that apathy is the great threat to third parties? A non apathetic public would give third parties a spot on the ballot rather often. No one could keep them off the ballot when deserving.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2004 05:10 am
I was going to start a third party once, but I couldn't be bothered.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2004 05:17 am
WE don't give a ****.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2004 05:25 am
edgar is completely on point here. It's the apathy of the voting public that keeps the US under the yoke of railroading politicians on both sides. Wake up already, defenders of the free world who seem incapable of dealing with social issues.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2004 05:51 am
Any fool knows that either party will try to block a third party they find threatening. Today it's Nader and the Dems; some other election ...
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2004 07:11 am
I think the blocking started after Perot took out Bush Sr. That was when they came up with the arbitrary polling requirements for participation in the debates. If a candidate is not in the debates, he is not going to be considered at all by most of the voting public. I think that no matter who wins this election, the climate is just right for the emergence of a viable third party -- but it will have to be a new one because folks already discount the existing ones.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2004 11:09 am
For a third party to do well nationally, it will have to be a true grass roots movement with a charismatic leader. To survive it will have to get results fairly quickly.
0 Replies