FAIRTAX.ORG

Reply Sun 26 Jan, 2003 03:56 pm
I have not studied thefairtax people's program well enough to endorse or reject. Here is a link:
fair tax
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,037 • Replies: 3
No top replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 26 Jan, 2003 09:29 pm
Much of the fair tax plan looks on paper to be very good. Big problem in my mind: Every time they 'fix' anything for us we seem to end up with less money. I vote to retain the present system, but to make necessary reforms if needed.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Mon 27 Jan, 2003 06:47 pm
Our current system has become unwieldly and inefficient, whether or not it is iniquitous. Something must be done sooner rather than later.

The problem with "Fair" depends much on what seems "FAIR" to whom. As money is involved, general consensus is not reasonably to be expected.

timber
0 Replies

trespassers will

Reply Tue 28 Jan, 2003 01:05 pm
The biggest problem I see with an income tax collected through employer withholding is that it reduces the velocity of the dollar, effectively reducing gnp and hurting the economy. A national sales tax such as proposed at fairtax.org leaves money in the people's wallets until they spend it, increasing the velocity of the dollar, and thereby driving the economy up, not down.
0 Replies