More Cat Stevens but different.

RfromP

Reply Wed 22 Sep, 2004 05:13 pm
It's just this very reason I don't have much faith in our Gov'ts ability to keep us "safe". Just like Senator Kennedy showing up on the "Do Not Fly" list not once but twice. You mean to tell me that no one is scrubbing this list for errors, especially one so obvious as that?

Situations like this tell me that whomever is charged with "protecting" us is just going through the motions and is typical of the "let's create another appointed office and throw some money at the problem" attitude instead of utilizing the resources already in place. Is there a need for a Department of Homeland Security? Isn't that the NSA's job?

What about the new Department that is supposed to be the bridge between the CIA and FBI? I can't recall the name of it but is that necessary? I can't believe that in light of recent events that those two agencies aren't smart enough to figure out that they need to be on the same page and correct the problem themselves.

I'm throwing the bullshit card on this one.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 496 • Replies: 1
No top replies

padmasambava

Reply Wed 22 Sep, 2004 06:16 pm
The non occurence of further incidents begs the question of whether 9/11 was an inside job.

They don't need to protect us because "they" orchestrated it to begin with. Why worry about your very own mignons?

They only act during windows of opportunity. And the FBI and the ACLU work together to let those who would harm us move invisibly between flight schools and planes. If the pre Church committee CIA had been allowed to act domestically such as these would be dead before they started the exercise on Global Positioning instruments and Vertical Orientation Radar etc.

Who picks a fight with someone whose hands are tied?

Anybody who feels like it, that's who.

They had hoped that they'd melt down all the gold in downtown Manhattan forcing the Financial Centers to be relocated in some more secure place like let's say Dallas.
0 Replies