Your favourite colour

DudeSid

Reply Fri 23 Sep, 2016 02:23 am
There's hundreds of colours around us. Let's do a survey that can assure the best colour. So,every dude write your favourite colour or colours (mustn't more than three). You can also write why that is your favourite colour.

contrex

Reply Fri 23 Sep, 2016 02:45 am
is this restricted to "dudes", or can "chicks" answer too? FWIW, I quite like Pantone 2190 C, because it is a relaxing colour and my favourite T-shirt is (more or less) Pantone 2271 XGC, because it is arresting and vivid.

DudeSid

Reply Fri 23 Sep, 2016 11:52 am
@contrex,
LOL...As like all women count in Men,all chicks count in dudes...you have a nice choice...MY FAVOURITE COLOUR IS GREEN...BCOZ I ALWAYS FOUND THEM AROUND ME...
chai2

Reply Fri 23 Sep, 2016 12:45 pm
@contrex,
Interesting.

I find Pantone 2190 C jarring to my senses, not relaxing.

I find PANTONE 187 C soothes me.

0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 23 Sep, 2016 03:07 pm
@DudeSid,
Green is all around us in nature. A good choice.
I also like green when surrounded by vegetation. My color choice has changed several times. Blue used to be my favorite color for most of my young life, but now, I've noticed some shades of brick red that seems quite beautiful.

I like the lighter shades.
https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=example+of+brick+red+color&id=8AA36F8CEE880F90F1A6E3E348A63F360046B292&FORM=IQFRBA
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Reply Fri 23 Sep, 2016 06:07 pm
@DudeSid,
I don't now have a favorite color, although I favored some for quite a while when I was, say, in my twenties. I'm a painter and designer and art interested person. By now I think of colors in their relationship with each other, what works to me, and conversely, why some don't work at first look, but may be like a story if that is explored. That can happen with art.

This all reminds me of my hating turquoise, a long time ago. I'm over it.

Then came mauve.

I'm over that too.
chai2

Reply Fri 23 Sep, 2016 09:15 pm
I can't imagine having a home where there wasn't deep red somewhere in every room. Add in camel and brownish bronze, with tiny very tiny amounts of deep or medium purple to give character to the camel and bronze. Serenity reigns.

Of course I'm describing my home, and I spent a lot of myself into putting it together.

I also couldn't imagine having anything blue in any of those rooms, or anythng pastel. I would honestly become very depressed if I had to deal with that.

I know I don't have any blue or pastel clothing.

Green is fine in nature, and I have a few accent pieces around the house, but a very particular shade.
contrex

Reply Sat 24 Sep, 2016 12:47 am
@ossobucotemp,
ossobucotemp wrote:
This all reminds me of my hating turquoise, a long time ago. I'm over it.

I used to hate eau-de-nil when I was younger, but now I don't mind it so much.
0 Replies

saab

Reply Sat 24 Sep, 2016 01:56 am
@chai2,
This very interesting. You have choosen colours for your home, which I would never have choosen for mine.
I have a lot of blue - it makes me think of water. White curtains to let in the light. Then colourful paintings and cushions.
Red I think I only have for Christmas.
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Sat 24 Sep, 2016 03:29 am
I wan't being entirely frivolous when I answered above with Pantone colour references instead of names. There are differences in how people perceive and name colours. Differences between the sexes - in general, women see more shades than men, e.g. where women can see crimson, maroon, cardinal, ruby, and scarlet, men might only be able to see light red and dark red. I have personal experience of this - my wife and I disagree about the colour of the walls of our lounge - i call it a "kind of pink" whereas she says "No! It's a kind of orange!". Third-parties brought in to mediate play safe and say things like "It's a sort of terra cotta". I can see the orange thing more in daylight and now we have LED bulbs she says that sometimes it looks a bit pink to her. (Another difference: lighting conditions which vary by time of day and year). My own son is red/green colour blind and didn't even know it until he was 23. Computer monitors, TV screens, printers, etc all provide opportunities for colour, especially subtle shade aspects to become hard to agree on. When we first got a colour TV in the early 1970s, it was a superior model with a extra "tint" control to adjust the picture between "cool" (bluish) and "warm" (reddish) (I believe most US NTSC TVs had them). My mother and father were always fighting over where it should be set. There are cultural differences too - a fammous piece of research showed that the Himba tribe of Namibia do not distinguish blue and green.

That seems to have turned into an essay, when I only intended to write a few words! I suppose what it comes down to is that I think I can only meaningfully answer the question as if it asked my favourite primary colour, and I'd have to go for a good, robust, cheerful, brave RED. Cherry tomatoes, British Post Office vans.
chai2

Reply Sat 24 Sep, 2016 10:05 am
@contrex,
I'm glad you wrote more. Very interesting.

I wasn't being all that frivolus either when naming my favorite Pantone color.

On the color blue, I don't know if it was here, but someone once posted an intereting article/link saying that until very recently, humans didn't have a name, or even the concept of the color blue.

Here's a link. It get more interesting the further you read.

http://www.businessinsider.com/what-is-blue-and-how-do-we-see-color-2015-2

What I find challenging to my eyes and brain are that the Himba had trouble seeing what we cleary saw as the blue square in the pattern. In reverse, they could easily pick out the one green square among others, when I, and I'm sure most people, can see no difference.

Iron and sheep as violet? Yeah, I can see that. Not just the usual description.

The little girl whose father never told her the color of the sky was blue, and she therefore couldn't see it? Sure, I can get that.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sat 24 Sep, 2016 09:45 pm
@DudeSid,
My favourite colour is eleven.
roger

Reply Sat 24 Sep, 2016 09:48 pm
@neologist,
Mine is chocolate.
neologist

Reply Sat 24 Sep, 2016 09:53 pm
@roger,
Chocolate covered coffee beans are addictive.
0 Replies

DudeSid

Reply Sun 25 Sep, 2016 04:16 am
@roger,
Roger sir! I love to eat them. Reading and replying all replies,we can say Best of all colours are them who are the colour of our favourite thing and the colour of the thing pleases us.
0 Replies