• Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 756 • Replies: 11
No top replies

FreeDuck

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2004 10:46 am
Quote:
Kerry and the dems dirty politics are being exposed:

Not just yet. This only shows that the campaign did not instigate the story, as the white house would have us believe. It was Burkett and CBS that sought out the Kerry campaign, not the other way around.
0 Replies

revel

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2004 10:55 am
freeduck, your right it does show that the kerry campaign did not seek out or start this whole thing with CBS.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2004 11:57 am
This is a real stretch, literally.
0 Replies

padmasambava

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2004 12:53 pm
And it's not only a stretch - but it requires an additional reach to contradict Bush's status as pampered silver spoon paper soldier who never saw a day of combat in his whole tour as a reservist.

The rumors from his own mates is that he was "Mr. No-Show party animal.

No amount of spin on some document can negate the fact that of the two candidates, one is veteran and the other is a bit of a fraud.

If you want to take on the subject of fraudulency it will be unfavorable to both Bush and his party.

But, yes Virginia, he can fool a lot of the people all of the time.

That's what makes elections and dark periods in history.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2004 01:09 pm
It shows that CBS and Dan Rather were unethical and partisan, using the airwaves and the public trust to effect their political preference in an election.

What were they doing calling a political campaign about a story (a fake one), in an attempt to damage their competition?
0 Replies

padmasambava

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2004 01:39 pm
CBS and Dan Rather must have felt that the Swift Boat fraud should be answered in kind.

The funny thing is that the "forged" document represents Bush far better than a bunch of war hawks representation of Kerrys service on his Swift Boat. Apparently the Navy sees the Swift Boat bunch as talking through their hats.

I suppose in an election year that's par for the course.

It goes to character though; and not Rathers or the guys on some other boat. It's Bush's character and Kerry's that we must look at. I'm looking. Are you? And how unbiased are you?
0 Replies

padmasambava

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2004 01:46 pm
The difference between your Avatar and mine is that mine is a photograph that I happen to be in (although I've cropped myself out).

It is is true that my yoga teacher taught West Point cadets two years ago. I don't think she would be that keen on your Mr. Bush, however.

I think she'd like to think her cadets are still healthy.

"War is not healthy for children and other living things."

My image isn't the property of Fox Network either and neither is the "guru" (dispeller of darkness) herself.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2004 02:48 pm
Lash wrote:
It shows that CBS and Dan Rather were unethical and partisan, using the airwaves and the public trust to effect their political preference in an election.

What were they doing calling a political campaign about a story (a fake one), in an attempt to damage their competition?

I might agree with that, but I don't feel like I have enough information just yet. If the source of the docs is now known, there should be an FBI investigation, no?

It does seem that Rather was a little over-eager to bring this story, though.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2004 03:16 pm
Trying to figure out a reason for conversation about your yoga instructor, my avatar and Fox.

Its as if there were a couple of posts between mine and yours that were made invisible.

Answering Swiftboats with a forgery and direct media meddling in a Presidential campaign is disallowed. And illegal. Everyone knows Rather is an old partisan. He has gone a long way in proving the liberal media does slant news to favor the Democrats. As if it was necessary.
0 Replies

revel

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2004 08:01 pm
Rather is not the whole media but only one person and he has always been obviously biased.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Wed 22 Sep, 2004 09:14 am
This story has died out of the gate.
0 Replies