Rich or Poor??

Nadi

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2004 09:05 pm
hi people, i haven't been around for some time so i'm back with a new question
who do u think will tempt to vote the most rich or poor?? and which group will get his things done by his votes?? Rolling Eyes
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 825 • Replies: 4
No top replies

John Kerry

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2004 03:58 am
Historically
Historically speaking the Rich are much more likely to vote than the poor.
Education and intelligance have a lot to do with it. Now who will be elected..Kerry is very very very Rich and Bush is just rich.
0 Replies

padmasambava

Reply Wed 22 Sep, 2004 10:14 am
What "John Kerry" says is true as long as your backward view of history goes as far as where the buck stopped in the forties. Prior to that even Franklin D. Roosevelt Jones voted for FDR.

And if you're wondering what the D stands for - it stands 'fore the Roosevelt.
0 Replies

padmasambava

Reply Wed 22 Sep, 2004 10:15 am
Or it could stand for democracy.
0 Replies

padmasambava

Reply Wed 22 Sep, 2004 10:29 am
Bush's family has the corner on the Gold Market, so to say that he is rich while Kerry is "super rich" is a distortion of facts.

The fact is that it takes a lot of dough to throw your hat into the ring which is why many ambitious children (our character who takes the Kerry handle?) never do.

These days the poor seem to be divided between illiterate cannon fodder and self educated resistors. Some of these are so alienated that their mentality is secessionist - they won't vote. If they could afford to leave they'd all become fisherman in Tahiti.

Last time they were naive enough to vote for Nader.

The self educated factor are likely to have seen the Moore movie and they will see themselves and their families reflected in it because it is a well done commentary done by a real pro, regardless of what they say about him.

I majored in Communications once, before they changed the name of the department to Communication Studies. I still both communicate and study communication. Michael Moore has done it well. I haven't even seen Bowling for Columbine I'm embarassed to say, but if 911 is an example of his work, I know I'm going to have some laughs when I rent it when I have a minute between books on my stack.

There is still a lot of apathy among the poor.

And there is no sympathy among the rich - who also tend to be protectionist racist and portend to be Judeo - Christian.

And as George Carlin says astutely - we are a warlike nation. And we like to bomb brown people.

He also asks whether we have noticed the resemblance between a missile and a penis.

We have; both rich and poor.
0 Replies