Mysterious participants

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2016 01:11 pm
Clicking on name yields profile, etc. but have long wondered why the latter so often unused, supposing it might owe to a fear of ID, which I for one muchly doubt

Sturgis

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2016 01:29 pm
In many cases the poster is just passing through to ask a singular question. They have little inclination to write up their info.

Others, those with a more prolific posting history, are often just plain not interested. If you want to get to know them, their posts are where you will do the learning.

I have filled out the profile a few times, make adjustments and then at times leave little or no information. It's all about choice.
dalehileman

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2016 01:36 pm
@Sturgis,
Quote:
It's all about choice
Ok then Stur and thanks for your opinion. Now let's hear from a buncahaya esl wo don't post one
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2016 01:41 pm
@dalehileman,
Do you think it has something to do with generation and/or age? Speaking from my own experience, it seems that the older I get, the less secrets I need to hold back. I've become an open book.
saab

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2016 01:58 pm
In these modern times, where everything about us seems to be available for everybody, I fill in as little as possible.

The other day I was in town, walked by a shoestore and looked at a pair of shoes, even lifted one up to look closer at it.
When I came home exactly this shoe was as an add on my PC. Of course it was a coinsistent - but a bit scary and make one a bit superstitious.
dalehileman

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2016 02:19 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
I've become an open book
Yea thanks again Cis, so'mI
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2016 02:22 pm
Hileman always wants to know as much as possible about members so he can judge them.
dalehileman

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2016 02:24 pm
@saab,
Quote:
exactly this shoe... but a bit scary and make one a bit superstitious.
Saab it's this sort of stuff that Cis and I no longer consider worthy of reaction
saab

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2016 02:36 pm
@Setanta,
Oh -
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2016 03:11 pm
@dalehileman,
I understand saab's take on this; we are all pretty well followed, and while that one re the shoe was coincidental, I get immediate reactions sometimes that are actually on the scary side, re something I mentioned a matter of minutes ago. Spiders in action.

The net has long known how to find us. This can be scary, as there are disturbed humans in the news every live long day and some are near you, where ever you are. That doesn't bother me, at least immediately, as much as:

I've long carped about the ads directed to me, in Albuquerque. I don't buy much now and my idea of local is very local, but if you are going to give me ads, I want to see what is available in Boston, London, Dublin, Paris, Arles, Orvieto, Rome, Munich, Bratislava, Cairo, Tunis, Madagascar, Argentina, Peru, Costa Rica, Tokyo, Seoul, Goa, and so on. Piercing efforts to sell me stuff in a place I know is near silly. If I had wealth, I'd distribute much of it, but I'd also look around re stuff in ads in the wide world, being interested in different cultures and their products.

A bunch of years ago, back when I had a pal with an in at Turner, I considered working up a tv series on ceramics around the world, thinking of a well traveled friend as the host, and including explanations of the land and culture, by locals or experts. Oh, well, so it goes, but my interested in products is wider than any immediate place.

I get it, as in who will pay for the ads, but... something is missing in the concept.
dalehileman

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2016 03:21 pm
@ossobucotemp,
Quote:
immediate reactions ... scary side...doesn't bother me as much as...the ads
Thanks Oss. For some reason I don't get much attention in spite of 17 years' exposing my name, loc, email add. and other vitals. But maybe it'll all start tonight
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2016 03:33 pm
Sort answer?

I can't be bothered.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sat 17 Sep, 2016 03:08 am
@ossobucotemp,
There's a cooking website I sometimes go on that tells me where I can get the ingredients some place in Mid West America. And they're strange ingredients too, like all purpose flour. What the Hell is that?
ossobucotemp

Reply Sat 17 Sep, 2016 10:32 am
@izzythepush,
ordinary white flour, as opposed to bread flour or whole wheat flour or cake flour
dalehileman

Reply Sat 17 Sep, 2016 11:14 am
@ossobucotemp,
Thanks, as I didn't know either. It's not everyday....
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sat 17 Sep, 2016 11:14 am
@ossobucotemp,
I was joking.
dalehileman

Reply Sat 17 Sep, 2016 11:15 am
@izzythepush,
I wasn't
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 17 Sep, 2016 02:14 pm
@izzythepush,
Although there are some differences in protein content, all purpose flour is intended to be used for any recipe, whereas bread flour is higher in potential protein content (high gluten), and pastry flour and cake flour are more finely ground.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 17 Sep, 2016 03:41 pm
The ones posting here with no profile information are illegal aliens, bent on martinizing our shirts.
ossobucotemp

Reply Sat 17 Sep, 2016 04:11 pm
@izzythepush,
Hah! caught me..
0 Replies