Financial Aid Question for Student Income on CSS Profile and FAFSA

Reply Wed 23 Jan, 2019 07:28 pm
So I already submit my FAFSA and CSS Profile and on both I indicated that I do not work and get income. However, I kind of realized that I am a peer tutor for my school and I get paid for that. I was originally told by another student that I didn't need to show that and he also does the tutoring. However, when trying to fill out USC financial information it also asks about student income and I realized that maybe I should show that? But I didn't show it on my actual financial aid information and I already indicated like by sending information through IDOC that I don't get any income. So now I'm not sure what I should do. Do I just keep not indicating it? Or do I do something else? I did show on my Common App that I do paid work but nowhere else that I know it shows that I work. I'm not sure if they can check that I get paid by them? I'm really worried. Thanks ahead of time.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,179 • Replies: 2
No top replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 23 Jan, 2019 08:48 pm
@bluejay1,
It's something you honestly forgot. Don't worry about it; most of us had made similar errors after it's been "submitted." If it really bothers you, you can always write a letter to include that information. Better late than never. BTW, I also did tutoring in college and got a small stipend. That was really a good learning experience for me also, because I had to learn how to teach the same subject matter in different ways to different people. BTW, good luck on your education.
Linkat

Reply Thu 24 Jan, 2019 07:18 am
@cicerone imposter,
I honestly don't think it would matter - try to be honest as you can and if there is a question they will reach out to you and you can explain.

For the small amount you probably get for tutoring it in unlikely to change the results of what you qualify for financial aid so I doubt it would even pop up as a red flag.
0 Replies