CBS admitt the Bush Guard Documents are a fake....

padmasambava

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2004 03:09 pm
So who is going to jail among the swift boat veterans?

I think a libel suit would work just fine to put those bozos in their place.

Imagine a figure followed by six zeros.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2004 03:18 pm
The one that produced a document alleging some lie about Kerry, and was found to be a forger... Oh yeah. Nobody did that.

Everyone spoke their opinions and their memories. Not illegal. We didn't send Franken to jail or Michael Moore for their free speech...

Its about a forgery.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2004 03:21 pm
A Lone Voice wrote:
Please, AK2 libs, you can do much better then "ya, but Bush was....."

The DNC and their 'Operation Fortunate Son', with the very probable (and the evidence is getting stronger every hour) coordination with CBS/Dan Rathers/60 Minutes is exactly what conservatives have been yelling from the rooftops for years: the MSM is in lock-step with the Democrat Party.

If the Democratic National Committee was feeding forged documents to CBS, it will reinforce the evidence that the Dems will do anything necessary to regain power in Washington DC. They lost both houses and the presidency because they have failed to communicate a message to America, yet they think the only way to regain power is to launch such nonsense as 'Operation Fortunate Son'. And still no message!

And you libs, with your "well, Bush was a mediocre student" comebacks (as much as the zingers that they are Laughing ) are missing the point; Kerry and the Dems do not have the gravitas to be in power.

If Kerry was the best the Dems could select, and the campaign they are running is the best they can do, they have no business running America.

This is more pathetic then the Repubs and their Bob Dole campaign in 1996....

Libs are tearing a page straight from the republican "Yeah but Clinton got a blowjob" playbook, and their only sin is not executing as well......
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2004 04:39 pm
padmasambava wrote:
So who is going to jail among the swift boat veterans?

I think a libel suit would work just fine to put those bozos in their place.

Imagine a figure followed by six zeros.

Why then hasn't Kerry filed suit? The judicial discovery process would be very interesting, not to mention the testimony of Kerry's superior officers.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2004 04:42 pm
George writes:
Quote:
Why then hasn't Kerry filed suit? The judicial discovery process would be very interesting, not to mention the testimony of Kerry's superior officers.

That would be the most fun trial to watch since O.J. Smile
0 Replies

revel

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2004 07:58 pm
Lash wrote:
From Dan to Kerry--

This freak who forged the documents called Max Cleland (Max admitted it.) and said he had something that would help the Kerry campaign. Cleland contacted the campaign about the document. CBS news was also in contact with the Kerry campaign. They were all butt to butt in bed together--and I hope they liked it, cause SOME of them are headed for jail.

Notice that CBS contacted Kerry compaign ((it was Joe Lockhart not kerry) not the other way around and kerry's compaign didn't know the documents were fakes and neither did Rather. If the documents were not fakes there would have been nothing wrong with any of it.

It is all a disaster but I don't think Kerry was behind it. You can believe what you want.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Wed 22 Sep, 2004 02:45 pm
To think Kerry was really culpable, I'd have to believe that Kerry or a staffer, forged the documents and sent them to CBS.

While I still hold out the possibility that a Kerry staffer may have done this--the jury is out.

The REAL culpability is Rather and CBS. They acted in a partisan manner and betrayed the public trust. There should be a serious inquiry, and consequences.

There should be an investigation as to the source of the forgeries, and they should go to jail as well. IMO.
0 Replies

revel

Reply Wed 22 Sep, 2004 03:06 pm
Lash wrote:
To think Kerry was really culpable, I'd have to believe that Kerry or a staffer, forged the documents and sent them to CBS.

While I still hold out the possibility that a Kerry staffer may have done this--the jury is out.

The REAL culpability is Rather and CBS. They acted in a partisan manner and betrayed the public trust. There should be a serious inquiry, and consequences.

There should be an investigation as to the source of the forgeries, and they should go to jail as well. IMO.

If all that should happen to CBS then Fox Network should be hung by their toenails.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Wed 22 Sep, 2004 03:07 pm
What did FOX forge?
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Wed 22 Sep, 2004 03:09 pm
Fox forges facts on a daily basis. Why is that such a surprise?
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Wed 22 Sep, 2004 03:55 pm
Speaking of forgeries, can any rightwinger tell me who said this?:

Quote:
"My only point is that, in retrospect, knowing that some of the documents underneath may have been - were, indeed, forgeries, and knowing that apparently there were concerns swirling around about this, had we known that at the time, we would not have put it in..."
0 Replies

revel

Reply Wed 22 Sep, 2004 05:22 pm
Lash wrote:The REAL culpability is Rather and CBS. They acted in a partisan manner and betrayed the public trust. There should be a serious inquiry, and consequences

There should be an investigation as to the source of the forgeries, and they should go to jail as well. IMO

revel wrote: If all that should happen to CBS then Fox Network should be hung by their toenails.

Lash wrote: What did FOX forge?

revel: You said because CBS Rather acted in a partisan manner and betrayed the public trust there should be "serious inquiry and consequences". Fox news acts in a partisan manner all the time. CBS did not know the documents were false so all they did was act in a partisan manner and Fox does it all the time. So string em' all up; I don't like CBS no ways so it don't make no difference to me.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Wed 22 Sep, 2004 05:59 pm
Quote:
Speaking of forgeries, can any rightwinger tell me who said this?:
Quote:
Quote:
"My only point is that, in retrospect, knowing that some of the documents underneath may have been - were, indeed, forgeries, and knowing that apparently there were concerns swirling around about this, had we known that at the time, we would not have put it in..."

OOH! I know! I Know! Call ON me!!! I know!!

J
0 Replies

A Lone Voice

Reply Thu 23 Sep, 2004 01:59 am
My, my, my. You libs are floundering around like a "hunting dog chasing snipes" as ol' Dan Rather himself would say.

Why don't any of you respond to my allegations about the interesting CBS/Dan Rather/Max Cleland/Joe Lockhart connection and the timing of 'Operation Fortunate Son'? I have posted this waaaay back, yet most of you sniff, turn up your noses, and complain about Bush killing everyone.

Is there one honest lib in all of A2K land who thinks the timing of this whole debacle is somewhat suspicious?

Burkett calls Max. Burkett calls CBS producer. CBS producer calls Lockhart. Something is discussed, although the players refuse to say what the dialogue was about. Some planning goes on, and then, 'Operation Fortunate Son' is launched! Just a day after Dan's original broadcast. Hmmmmmmmmmm.

Just a coincidence? The Kerry campaign sure isn't saying.

I wonder what a Watergate-type investigation would show?

What did John Kerry know, and when did he know it?
0 Replies

revel

Reply Mon 27 Sep, 2004 09:59 am
A lone voice,

Lockhart point blank said that they did not discuss the documents. I don't think he would have said that knowing that it could come back to haunt him. Furthermore though all those calls did take place I don't think it was like one after another making them all connected.

The main thing in all this is that even without the memos, Bush was treated like a fortunate son as the real record shows. The memos was a stupid not needed stunt which makes me think (again) that the originator in all this is a republican. (Just my opinion.) Dan Rather fell for it 'hook line and sinker' and didn't do Kerry any favors.
0 Replies

JustWonders

Reply Mon 27 Sep, 2004 06:39 pm
<-----Thinking the next person Burkett calls should be his lawyer LOL.

(Mark Garagos should be available soon, no?)
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Mon 27 Sep, 2004 07:12 pm
We must try to ignore, Revel, the story of George's missing year, he's sobered up now, found Jesus and has tried to forget it all himself. We must forget about it too, even if it's laid out before us without any of the recent bogus documents, we must point to them in order to help us ignore the truth: that while the last 5000 of the 58,682 who died in Viet Nam died, George was in Alabama or somewhere, with neither his flying status nor apparently any real desire to show up for drills.

Someone went to Nam in his place, maybe. Maybe they made it home, maybe not. I'd tell my buddy, Jackie Curtain, about it all, but he was one the ones who didn't come home and I'd have a talk with another friend, Paul the Poet, but it's pretty hard, him being dead and all.

All in all, I wish Jack and Paul had had the sense to have a powerful father who had a friend who could call a friend, but they didn't. Ah well.

I'm not surprised by one thing. I'm not surprised that George doesn't want us seeing all those coffins coming back from Iraq. I am surprised that he has the balls to look any veteran in the eye, but I guess he has managed to put all that out of his mind.

Joe Nation
0 Replies

revel

Reply Tue 28 Sep, 2004 09:13 am
joe nation

Unless something changes I don't think I can take too much more of all this. It is all just so horrible. Even some republican leaders are saying what a mess Iraq is now. But it just don't seem register with the American voters. Bush is ahead in most Polls and kerry is loosing states that Gore easily carried.

I think it is the fault of Kerry's compaign rather than Kerry himself. When he speaks he makes sense and he is presidential. But it is just not selling to the American public. I am not just saying that. When Gore was winning I thought it was his fault that he lost because of his stupid sighs and rolling of eyes. He took Bush too lightly.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Tue 28 Sep, 2004 12:24 pm
Let's see how things stand after the debates. Of course, if the media set the bar for Bush low enough (again), all bets are off.

You know how that works: "Well, he didn't stare into the middle distance the whole time. It was a draw."
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Tue 28 Sep, 2004 05:03 pm
See Krugman today http://www.nytimes.com/2004/09/28/opinion/28krugman.html?hp

for some interesting comments on how the debates were covered last time. No one paid attention to what was being said, they, those dastardly liberal media goons, reported on how the candidates LOOKED. So Bush's lies about being able to cut taxes and protect the Social Security surplus and balance the budget just went out into thin air.

Write your local TV station today and tell them to read Krugman article. What we want is integrity in reporting, you can be partisan if you want, but tell the truth about what the candidates are saying as well as whether someone rolled their eyes.
0 Replies