Good Grief! An ethical politician?

Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 22 Sep, 2004 11:51 am
The argument isn't against war; it's against saying that we shouldn't criticize the president, whether we are at war or not.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Wed 22 Sep, 2004 12:24 pm
I have never ever said we shouldn't criticize the president. I do it all the time. But no terrorists will ever hear from me that I am not behind the president and our troops 100% while they are in harms way. There is a distinct difference between constructive criticism and suggestions and obvious destructive hostility and disrespect. My hope is that most Americans will learn the difference before we do much more serious damage.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 22 Sep, 2004 12:41 pm
It's funny that you should mention that.

I feel like there is a lot of constructive criticism that is dismissed as destructive hositlity by the right, because they just don't want to hear ANY criticism.

Sort of like the Kerry 'sensistive war' comment. If you look at the paragraph, he was saying that we should not only use military force but also look at the sociological factors that lead to these problems. It was a suggestion as to how he would manage things better - constructive criticism of Bush's strategies. But the reps. jumped all over that comment to paint Kerry as a pussy.

That's what happens when you try constructive criticism....

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies