professor recalls George W. Bush

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 02:46 pm
http://www.salon.com/news/feature/2004/09/16/tsurumi/index.html

Quote:
"I don't remember all the students in detail unless I'm prompted by something," Tsurumi said in a telephone interview Wednesday. "But I always remember two types of students. One is the very excellent student, the type as a professor you feel honored to be working with. Someone with strong social values, compassion and intellect -- the very rare person you never forget. And then you remember students like George Bush, those who are totally the opposite."

my guilty pleasure for today...
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 430 • Replies: 3
No top replies

revel

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2004 06:46 am
Wonder why no one responded here? I guess because it is not surprising that Bush was a poor student. I have forgotten what how he rated in Yale (?) but I am thinking it was not in the high scores and I seem to remember that he was a C student. I was a little of a C student myself but I wouldn't think of being the president of the United States even if my family did have high connnections.
0 Replies

Harper

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2004 09:47 am
I heard him a couple times on the Majority Report Air America- very interesting.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2004 11:29 am
I am sure you must have thoroughly investigated the possibilities that Bush had teachers who thought well of him, that Kerry had teachers who thought poorly of him, that this teacher could have had other motives, etc.
0 Replies