Abandon All Hope! Pumpkin Spice Season Starts Today!

Reply Thu 1 Sep, 2016 01:05 pm
Run for the hills! Go live off the grid!
Starbucks Doth Declare That Fall Begins Today
http://i64.tinypic.com/20gce36.png

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 7 • Views: 4,311 • Replies: 72
No top replies

View best answer, chosen by tsarstepan
ossobucotemp

Reply Thu 1 Sep, 2016 01:28 pm
@tsarstepan,
I already bought my annual can of pumpkin pie goop, why, I don't quite remember, some recipe I ran across a bunch of months ago. Meantime, in the recent past, I've turned to preferring old fashioned custard pies. Just have made plain ones so far. First of all, no can involved, but I also think they are potentially more fun re playing with recipes.

Starbucks? I've been to one twice in my ten years in Albuquerque, and those times were when we were in a bookstore. Having once tasted their burned beans coffee (bags on sale at Costco's, how dare they), that's it for my loyalty. I do realize they don't always do that. Besides, I'm a Peet's woman when I can spring for it. Only see Peet's in a few grocery stores here, but I'm used to their coffee places in San Francisco and Berkeley. They have a more true aura to me, re coffee nuance. Or did, haven't been there lately.

Hmm, wonder how they're doing in Italy?
Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 1 Sep, 2016 02:08 pm
@ossobucotemp,
You can get all Christmas cookies and cakes in the supermarkets already here.
ossobucotemp

Reply Thu 1 Sep, 2016 02:17 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Huh. This early shop stuff is all so different from my own childhood.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Fri 2 Sep, 2016 01:11 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

You can get all Christmas cookies and cakes in the supermarkets already here.

Laughing
tsarstepan

Reply Wed 7 Sep, 2016 11:34 am
@tsarstepan,
More signs of the impending Pumpkinpocalypse!
http://i67.tinypic.com/2efibdz.png
The Oatmeal
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 7 Sep, 2016 11:38 am
@ossobucotemp,
Why Starbucks Will Win Over Italy: It Doesn’t Really Sell Coffee
ossobucotemp

Reply Wed 7 Sep, 2016 01:17 pm
@ehBeth,
Oh, nuts! How to ruin that beautiful galleria... that I just plain love.
I remember reading that article earlier, probably in March. I'll agree any given Starbucks might become a tourist spot, as is the McDonald's in a great piazza in Rome a lure for many; probably mostly homesick americans go there, if only for the bathrooms. I dunno, haven't been in it. Not so sure all italian youth will be sucked into Starbucks, but maybe, what do I know.
farmerman

Reply Tue 31 Oct, 2017 04:30 am
@ossobucotemp,
weve turned on our giantt pumpkin spice well in theNorthwest pasture. We were thinking of building a pumpking station to load up tank trucks with the stuff. This has been a busy season an Ramone, (our plant mmanager) is expecting to sell at least 60000 gallons pr day.. Looks like theyre using th precious elixer in a larger number of products this year. I saw pumkin spice mouthwash and pumpkin spice pizzas at Dominoes
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 31 Oct, 2017 05:53 am
I have avoided the stuff all my life. To me, pumpkins in general are good just for decorations.
farmerman

Reply Tue 31 Oct, 2017 05:25 pm
@edgarblythe,
they are a tremendou "Bush Food" we uused to harvest them wild in Nigeria and the guys would bake them over a fire nd serve with some honey. They ere delicious
roger

Reply Tue 31 Oct, 2017 05:30 pm
@farmerman,
I guess you know when your pumpkins are done when they explode?
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 31 Oct, 2017 05:31 pm
@farmerman,
Maybe. I never did that.
farmerman

Reply Tue 31 Oct, 2017 05:40 pm
@edgarblythe,
Ill bet you never ate grubs or Toasty Locusts either?? id you tst your colloidal silver to see whether it orms a precipitate when you hit it with muriatic acid or even vinegar?
farmerman

Reply Tue 31 Oct, 2017 05:44 pm
@roger,
we make slices of pumkin, skin side to the coals fig wood, no creossote
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 31 Oct, 2017 05:46 pm
@farmerman,
I am careful with my silver. I almost always use it just before bed time, much like a mouthwash. If I eat anything raw in a restaurant, I have a dose when I get home.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 31 Oct, 2017 05:49 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

Ill bet you never ate grubs or Toasty Locusts either?? id you tst your colloidal silver to see whether it orms a precipitate when you hit it with muriatic acid or even vinegar?

I make my silver myself with a high grade of silver wire.
tsarstepan

Reply Mon 13 Nov, 2017 12:15 pm
@edgarblythe,
A local seafood spot is selling a ‘pumpkin spice’ lobster roll
https://i.imgur.com/5YrMXfZ.png
tsarstepan

Reply Thu 25 Oct, 2018 06:25 am
@tsarstepan,
And the crimes against humanity continue!
farmerman

Reply Thu 25 Oct, 2018 07:22 am
@tsarstepan,
PUMPKIN SPICE BBQ sauce. Its tangy, its tasty, its got what you prey for in a barbecue rib, tomatoes, sugar , allspice and cinnamon. yummmmm