Bush bounce deflates

Reply Thu 16 Sep, 2004 04:53 pm
By John Whitesides, Political Correspondent
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Two national polls on Thursday showed the race between President Bush and Democrat John Kerry deadlocked again as Bush's convention bounce faded, although the president has made headway in key swing states.

In polls certain to buoy the spirits of anxious Democrats, the Pew Research Center and Harris Interactive found equal levels of support for the two White House contenders as Kerry's support rebounded from the withering attacks he faced at the Republican convention that ended on Sept. 2.

The new surveys followed two other polls in recent days, by Investor's Business Daily and a Democratic group, Democracy Corps, that found the race essentially even again, just as it was for months before the two parties held their nominating conventions
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 754 • Replies: 10
No top replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Thu 16 Sep, 2004 06:55 pm
Finally the worm turns. Thank goddess.

Currently I am working as a Precinct Captain here in San Diego. And there is a huge undercurrent of resentment against Bush, even here.

The DNC has registered over 50,000 new voters in San Diego County since January.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 16 Sep, 2004 07:09 pm
I wish I could say the same for Texas.
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Thu 16 Sep, 2004 07:13 pm
We don't need Texas but like you I wish we could say the same for the Lone Star state.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 16 Sep, 2004 07:18 pm
I think we need every state in this the most traumatized time since Vietnam. Actually, I believe it is a crisis much worse than Nam.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Thu 16 Sep, 2004 08:17 pm
i agree edgar. there's much more about the bush administration that bothers me than just iraq.

there is an undercurrent of complete disdain for anyone that doesn't toe the very narrow line they have drawn. this is something that i noticed growing in the late '80s, which is when i stopped voting for republican presidents. to me it is telling when an administration labels at least half of the country as "out of the mainstream".

when i vote for a president, or any politician, i am voting for someone to run the mechanics of the country, not a religious leader. there's much else that bothers me about these guys, but i suspect that you already know what they are.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 16 Sep, 2004 08:22 pm
I believe we are on the same page, don'ttread
0 Replies

A Lone Voice

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 12:42 am
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 03:09 am
sometimes howard dean comes up with a good one;

"the only poll that matters is on election day"

i know what my answer is going to be.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 04:42 am
I think the polls will settle somewhat after the debates. Then we will be able to start predicting with a bit more certainty.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 06:11 am
edgarblythe wrote:
I think we need every state in this the most traumatized time since Vietnam. Actually, I believe it is a crisis much worse than Nam.

I think it's worse than Vietnam for the simple reason that we already had a Vietnam and we should have learned what not to do. Clearly we learned nothing.
0 Replies