CSI Miami – Coroner

Linkat

Reply Thu 16 Sep, 2004 01:23 pm
I typically do not watch this show (as I cannot stay up so late), but have seen it a few times. What do you think of the coroner on CSI Miami? She seems to have an unhealthy relationship with the dead bodies on the show-almost as if she is deeply attached to them. She strokes them, calls them honey and sweetheart, plays with their hair - no matter whether male, female, young, old, thin, fat. Any one else find this odd?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 915 • Replies: 6
No top replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2004 01:39 pm
Just found this post. Yes, I find it odd too.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2004 01:44 pm
Considering she is a Medical Examiner, yeah I do too. They don't find attachment in their cases...too emotional. If you get emotional, you get sloppy. If real ME's did that, they'd kill themselves from depression. Can you imagine the heartache? And how in god's name would you cut the top of someones head off and pry open their chest if you had some sort of emotional attachement to them? No, I don't think she is realistic at all. At the point where the person meets the ME, that person has got to be looked at as just a case...if you go any further you get emotional and that is not good.
0 Replies

Thok

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2004 06:33 pm
I find it okay, that gives a special mark.

Kristie wrote:
If real ME's did that, they'd kill themselves

Nope. It depends on the person,so perhaps there are also some ME's in reality who speaks with dead persons.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 11 Oct, 2004 08:11 am
Well to me it is not just the emotional part, but the physical part. She strokes their hair, rubs them, it looks like she is about to have sex with them.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 11 Oct, 2004 08:21 am
Thok wrote:
I find it okay, that gives a special mark.

Kristie wrote:
If real ME's did that, they'd kill themselves

Nope. It depends on the person,so perhaps there are also some ME's in reality who speaks with dead persons.

Speaking with them is one thing...she really gets emotionally envolved. I've seen her on the verge of tears several times. Could you hack someone up you were emotionally tied to? A sane person couldn't. Have you ever witnessed an autopsy? They use a hacksaw.
0 Replies

Thok

Reply Mon 11 Oct, 2004 08:41 am
Kristie wrote:

Speaking with them is one thing...she really gets emotionally envolved.

Actually yes, I can remember one scene in which she called the suspect names. Then her colleagues looked to her blank.

But you take this issue too generally. Basically you are right. Nevertheless, anywhere some ME's can probably work like that.
0 Replies