lighten my brown hair without bleach and now it is orange

Reply Tue 23 Aug, 2016 10:13 pm
my question is how do I turn just one small spot that is located exactly on the crown of my head, that is colored orange back to dark brown. I tried this golden brown hair dyed I found around the house and now it is more of a brassy red. I don't know what to do and I new solutions quick. I haven't tried a toner but I'm scared something worse might happen any help?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,269 • Replies: 4
No top replies

perennialloner

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2016 01:05 pm
@andrxagxmez,
it's really hard to dye dark hair lighter without bleach. if you haven't tried, you should try lightening your hair with honey. it's much healthier, but takes a lot of patience, and your hair shouldn't turn out as brassy. there are a lot of good tutorials on youtube. you could also try a high lift dye but i think your hair is too dark.
0 Replies

perennialloner

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2016 04:31 pm
@andrxagxmez,
i just realized i completely misread your question. idk what i was thinking. sorry lol. try a colored protein filler.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2016 12:17 am
I only use henna/indigo I get on Amazon now. I would never put peroxide in my hair ever again.

https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Henna-Powder-Color-Grams/dp/B00AVO4SFI/ref=sr_1_5_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1472105598&sr=8-5&keywords=henna

and this

https://www.amazon.com/INDIGO-POWDER-Beard-Color-grams/dp/B00KVVZJ9U/ref=sr_1_1_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1472105628&sr=8-1&keywords=indigo

Bleaching then dying or just dying my hair was way too toxic.

I only need to leave Henna on for about an hour and I get the color I want.

Last time I used henna the indigo turned my hair green I was freaking out I did not know what to do and did not dare to even go outside.

An hour later the air had oxidized the green color and turned it the warmest shade of brown.

You cannot put henna on peroxide treated hair or it will literally melt your hair.

You have to wait till it all grows out and cut the color treated hair off.

You can henna your hair even if it is very short crew cut length because it does not burn your scalp.

I hope I am not telling you things you already know.

Youtube has a lot of great videos on how to use henna/indigo.

You pretty much can just add water and put it on your hair.

Some people add a lot of conditioners and lime juice etc. but consider even straight henna and indigo is much gentler on your hair and scalp than peroxide ever is.

Got to wait till it grows out and trim it to try henna though. I will never ever go back to peroxide based dyes and bleaches.
RexRed

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2016 12:38 am
@RexRed,
Oh and Henna does not lighten hair. Sry
0 Replies