Please help with grey hair question, please.

shenue

Reply Fri 9 Oct, 2015 05:29 am
My hair is about 90% grey. My natural color was a dark brown. I have put a permanent, over-the-counter ash blonde on it several times. But I can't get it to come out any lighter than a light/medium, reddish brown. Why won't the grey come out blonde and in an ash tone? I would think that grey hair would take the color more accurately. I know a number of women that cover their grey hair with blonde coloring, and it comes out beautifully. That brownish-red hair is just too dark and harsh on me at my age (64). What am I doing wrong? I do hope someone can help me. My hair looks way too dark and red and looks terrible, once again.

Thanks for any help any of you can give to me!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,848 • Replies: 1
No top replies

vividamnesia

Reply Sun 8 Nov, 2015 08:32 pm
@shenue,
Sounds like the color you are choosing has red tones in it and is too dark a choice. Grey hair is actually white hairs against the leftover colored hair it looks grey. It actually pulls golden when bleached. You need to strip out the old color in your hair and pick a shade in lv 8-9 Natural or golden
0 Replies