Battleground states.

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 09:53 am
What makes a state a "battleground" state?

Do you have any control over it? If so, how? How do you win a battleground state? What are the necessary ingredients for doing so?

I know that winning elections is both art and science. But still, I would like to know if anybody on this board can answer my question.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 512 • Replies: 3
No top replies

FreeDuck

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 09:55 am
A battle ground state is one whose electoral votes are statistically undecided as determined by polling.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 10:20 am
Suka
Suka, welcome to A2K; glad to have you here.

You may find the following thread of interest re your question:

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=33827&highlight=

BBB
0 Replies

padmasambava

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 03:04 pm
I canvassed in Ohio back in 1968 when it was leaning toward Nixon. I believe that all states have substantial minorities who dissent from the leading opinion. The ones where the margin is close are more interesting.

Today the pollsters have thrown Ohio to Bush. I'm not shocked. It's exemplary of the division of the nation and how quickly our sense of "leadership" changes from day to day.

I wouldn't vote for George Bush if he caught Bin Laden tomorrow. He's never appealed to me, nor does the platform of his party. But I'm used to being a dissenting voice in an apethetic deteriorating society.

I expect it to stay that way somewhat no matter who sways the majority. Those "swing states" are important. Don't count your chickens. The one thing in life that's certain is change.
0 Replies