14

The Quotable Reich

1  
Reply Thu 29 Jun, 2017 04:09 pm
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:

I tried to have a logical discussion about the military from a soldiers point of view, what goes on in training and in a normal day, but you refused to hold a rational discussion and insisted you already knew it all.

Why?
Baldimo

1  
Reply Thu 29 Jun, 2017 04:19 pm
@roger,
Why try? He keeps coming here and saying the same thing with every post. It seems like a cry for help and I'm willing to try as long as I'm here, you never know what might break through that thin shell of sanity he has left.

One day I'm sure he will eventually take down the Che poster and embrace his US heritage. It isn't always pretty but it isn't always ugly either.

camlok

1  
Reply Thu 29 Jun, 2017 06:54 pm
@Baldimo,
Lay it out, Baldimo, give your story. That's what Able 2 Know means.

Tens of millions slaughtered by the US just since WWII tells it all.
camlok

1  
Reply Thu 29 Jun, 2017 06:56 pm
@roger,
Roger the dodger: Why?

Your name says it all, Roger. You love to talk the propaganda but you hate to talk about the truth/facts.

Note well how you honest, upstanding free speech loving Americans flee at the slightest hint of the truth.

Truth just ain't a friend to the American experience.

Baldimo

0  
Reply Fri 30 Jun, 2017 11:29 am
@camlok,
@Baldimo,

You seem like you really want to discuss it...

Then you throw all doubt out the window with your next line.

2  
Reply Fri 30 Jun, 2017 05:14 pm
Robert Reich
·
Trump’s commission to investigate his trumped-up claims of voter fraud in the 2016 election has requested states turn over personal information about everyone who has voted since 2006 -- names, addresses, birthdates, political party, criminal history, and the last four digits of their Social Security numbers.
The request came from commission co-chair Kris Kobach, the secretary of state in Kansas and a fervent believer that voter fraud is widespread despite decades of evidence to the contrary.
Several states -- California, Massachusetts, Kentucky, Virginia, and even Mike Pence’s home state of Indiana -- have already announced won’t comply.
Let your Governor or Secretary of State (the chief election official) know you don't want your information shared with Trump’s bogus commission.
Trump's real purpose is to legitimize more voter suppression in 2018 and 2020 -- ID and other laws that will minimize turnout of likely Democrats. He also wants to deflect attention from Russian interference on his behalf, which the U.S. intelligence community has already shown to have occurred.

1  
Reply Sat 1 Jul, 2017 10:41 am
Robert Reich
·
Yesterday I shared with you a new National Rifle Associaton ad. I didn’t comment on it, but almost 10,000 of you did. Most of you were outraged and appalled. Some of you who are NRA members said you will cease your memberships. Others of you who are Republicans said you will change your party affiliation.
It’s important to see this ad -- as well as Trump’s tweets and lies -- for what they are: Provocations intended to divide this nation between Trump supporters and everyone else, and make us hate one another.
They seek to foment intimidation, fear, and even violence. In essence, they want to bring on a kind of new civil war.
We must not allow this.
Whether we voted for Trump or despise him, we are all Americans. We cherish our Constitution, celebrate freedom and democracy. The overwhelming majority of us reject bigotry, respect the rights of others to live peacefully, and seek truth.
On this upcoming 4th of July, it’s well to be reminded of these founding principles, and repudiate hate.

1  
Reply Sun 30 Jul, 2017 11:49 am
Robert Reich
16 mins ·
Hackers at at a conference in Las Vegas were able to successfully breach the software of U.S. voting machines in just 90 minutes on Friday, revealing major security deficiencies in America's election infrastructure.
Techies at the annual DEF CON were given physical voting machines and remote access. The machines, bought on Ebay, were made by major U.S. voting machine companies Diebold Nixorf, Sequoia Voting Systems and Winvote.
Within minutes the hackers exposed physical and software vulnerabilities. Some devices had physical ports to which devices could be attached containing malicious software. Wi-Fi connections on others were insecure. Others were running outdated software with security vulnerabilities like Windows XP.
Why isn’t the Trump administration focusing like a laser on this, instead of the trumped-up claim of voter fraud? Why isn’t Congress? Why aren’t the states?
Folks, this is a big deal. Our foreign adversaries — including Russia, North Korea, and Iran — have the capabilities to hack into our voting systems, undermining our democracy and threatening our national security.
What do you think?

I believe Republicans have taken advantage to alter the vote by the same method. eb
Baldimo

1  
Reply Mon 31 Jul, 2017 09:12 am
@edgarblythe,

You want to ask Trump about this? If I remember correctly, the DNC has had the majorities several times since 2000 when they first started screaming about the hacking of voting machines. In fact the only time we seem to hear them complain about voting machines is when the DNC loses an election. We didn't hear any complaints at all about the integrity of the machines for the 8 years and 2 elections won by Obama. In fact they had a super majority for 2 years and failed to do a damn thing about the voting machines. Reich continues to prove he is intellectually dishonest and a full time partisan hack.

What do you think?

I think it is a concern but we can't just work on the voting methods, we need to secure the entire voting system and that includes states keeping their voter rolls updated and protected. After all, it was the voter ID rolls that were targeted in this last election but for some reason the DNC is against evaluating those systems for fraud and vulnerability.

I don't think they have, in fact I think such things favor the Left-wing in general. As has been shown by who they go after, a majority of hackers seem to be from the left wing and very much in support of "progressive" and leftist causes. So if hackers were going to target an election, it would be in favor of the DNC.

1  
Reply Wed 11 Oct, 2017 03:51 pm
Robert Reich
52 mins ·
This morning I phoned my old friend, a Republican former member of Congress.
Me: So what’s up? Is Corker alone, or are others also ready to call it quits with Trump?
He: All I know is they’re simmering over there.
Me: Flake and McCain have come pretty close.
He: Yeah. Others are thinking about doing what Bob did. Sounding the alarm. They think Trump’s nuts. Unfit. Dangerous.
Me: Well, they already knew that, didn’t they?
He: But now it’s personal. It started with the Sessions stuff. Jeff was as loyal as they come. Trump’s crapping on him was like kicking your puppy. And then, you know, him beating up on Mitch for the Obamacare fiasco. And going after Flake and the others.
Me: So they're pissed off?
He: Not just that. I mean, they have thick hides. The personal stuff got them to notice all the other things. The wild stuff, like those threats to North Korea. Tillerson would leave tomorrow if he wasn’t so worried Trump would go nuclear, literally.
Me: You think Trump is really thinking nuclear war?
He: Who knows what’s in his head? But I can tell you this. He’s not listening to anyone. Not a soul. He’s got the nuclear codes and, well, it scares the hell out of me. It’s starting to scare all of them. That’s really why Bob spoke up.
Me: So what could they do? I mean, even if the whole Republican leadership was willing to say publicly he’s unfit to serve, what then?
He: Bingo! The emperor has no clothes. It’s a signal to everyone they can bail. Have to bail to save their skins. I mean, Trump could be the end of the whole goddam Republican party.
Me: If he starts a nuclear war, that could be the end of everything.
He: Yeah, right. So when they start bailing on him, the stage is set.
Me: For what?
He: Impeachment. 25th amendment.
Me: You think Republicans would go that far?
He: Not yet. Here’s the thing. They really want to get this tax bill through. That’s all they have going for them. They don’t want to face voters in ’18 or ’20 without something to show for it. They’re just praying Trump doesn’t do something really, really stupid before the tax bill.
Me: Like a nuclear war?
He: Look, all I can tell you is many of the people I talk with are getting freaked out. It’s not as if there’s any careful strategizing going on. Not like, well, do we balance the tax bill against nuclear war? No, no. They’re worried as hell. They’re also worried about Trump crazies, all the ignoramuses he’s stirred up. I mean, Roy Moore? How many more of them do you need to destroy the party?
Me: So what’s gonna happen?
He: You got me. I’m just glad I’m not there anymore. Trump’s not just a moron. He’s a despicable human being. And he’s getting crazier. Paranoid. Unhinged. Everyone knows it. I mean, we’re in **** up to our eyeballs with this guy.

1  
Reply Wed 11 Oct, 2017 09:30 pm
@edgarblythe,
They're all morons thinking about a tax bill before a nuclear holocaust? Where the f--- is their brains?