crime scene ivestigation game

Nevermore

Reply Wed 15 Sep, 2004 05:57 am
Because why would the study light have been on at 7pm if it was still light? :wink:
0 Replies

Nevermore

Reply Wed 15 Sep, 2004 06:04 am
Also, if Harry was looking in the window to see if his friend was in there, why would he notice that the valuable paintings were missing BEFORE he saw his friend in a pool of blood?
0 Replies

c k b 69

Reply Wed 15 Sep, 2004 06:09 am
I may be wrong, but I think everyone is missing the key point. Harry kicked the door in. Whoever stole the painting must have entered and left through the front door, hence they would have had to break the door to get in.

Maybe wrong though.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 15 Sep, 2004 06:11 am
Good points.
0 Replies

Tryagain

Reply Wed 15 Sep, 2004 12:14 pm
Super sluth Montana has made the piont that proves Harry lied. Would you like me to tell the story, or do you want to fit the clues to make a story to fit?

I do have other 'Who done it's'
0 Replies

kman

Reply Wed 15 Sep, 2004 02:34 pm
crime scene investigation
montana- i dont know the name of the book. I read it along time ago in chapters. Im sure if u go there there r lots of them.

Tryagain-I have no clue.. but im sure that when you explain it it will seem really obvious and ill feel stupid for not getting it..
0 Replies

Tryagain

Reply Wed 15 Sep, 2004 02:43 pm
0 Replies

PotterFreak

Reply Wed 15 Sep, 2004 02:54 pm
also on the case that was already solved:

If the paintings were not on the wall, how could he have known that they were missing? or that they were valuable?
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 15 Sep, 2004 04:03 pm
Cary was obviously lying about picking up the coffee cup off her desk and throwing it away, since they only found Josephs prints on the cup.

Also, if Mr. Alsen's was stabbed through the heart with the stilleto, he wouldn't have been able to put up a fight, so the watch couldn't have been broken in a struggle, which tells me that Cary killed him, set the watch to 3:50 and then broke it in an attempt to frame Joseph.

I know the gloves must mean something, but I can't figure that out.
0 Replies

Tryagain

Reply Thu 16 Sep, 2004 04:16 am
PF writes, "If the paintings were not on the wall, how could he have known that they were missing? or that they were valuable?"

a) The victim knew his attacker.
b) Just before 7pm he had let him into his house.

Montana, you are just soooo good. You are not a cop are you?

Answer:

1. The watch could not have been broken during a fight. It was clear that there was not a fight because Alson was stabbed in the back through his chair. So, the time was a setup.

2. The mess and the coffee was a setup, because there was no fight and it would be a little difficult for Joseph to enter and put on some gloves to fight with a cup of coffee in his hands

3. The last proof is that the cup of coffee only had one type of fingerprints. If Mary touched the cup (which she says she did), there should be some fingerprints of hers on it, unless she was wearing some gloves.

What phrase is represented below Question

a) Murdered
b) Survived
c) Survived

Suspects:

Miss Haps - Not Guilty
Sir Cumstance - Guilty
Mr Meanor - Not Guilty
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 16 Sep, 2004 06:28 am
Tryagain
LOL, no I'm not a cop, but at one time I thought of becoming one and I had plenty of cop friends on the force where I use to live. I'm just facinated with figuring out crime scene stuff. I've really got to look for those books. I absolutely love this stuff.
0 Replies

Tryagain

Reply Thu 16 Sep, 2004 11:36 am
"no I'm not a cop" Phew, that's lucky. What with all the parking violations I have forgot to pay. :wink:

OK Cagney, and any Lacy's out there what about this:

Death in the night

Harry had just died and his wife Hogid was explaining to their doctor what had happened. She told him that just before he died, Harry had been watching a TV program on tigers.

Later that night, he had a nightmare in which he was being chased through the jungle by a huge, man-eating tiger. Harry was tossing and turning so violently in his sleep, Hogid said that he rolled off the bed, hit his head hard on the wooden floor and died instantly.

Note;
Harry was in his night clothes.
There were no other marks on his body.
They both slept in separate beds (in same room).

The question is:
Was the doctor convinced Hogid was telling the truth, or should he call the cops Question
0 Replies

c k b 69

Reply Thu 16 Sep, 2004 12:53 pm
Oldest one in the book, how could she know what he was dreaming?
0 Replies

Tryagain

Reply Thu 16 Sep, 2004 05:23 pm
c_k_b_69 wrote, "Oldest one in the book, how could she know what he was dreaming?" Cool

This one is not in the book.

Detective Mace was called to the scene of a beach murder. Two uniformed officers were already there, piecing together the chain of events that lead to the victim's death.

"Her name is Kay Lange," the first officer tells Mace, "a 27 year old waitress from 'Jakes Palace.' She was running from someone, but they got her, all right. Knocked her to the ground hard, gashing her head open, and wrapped a belt around her neck. Tried to strangle her to death, but she didn't die when the perp thought she did.

She must have crawled 20 feet or so, but she was going toward the water by mistake. When she realized this, she was probably fading in and out of consciousness, and knew she wasn't going to make it. Looks like she wrote the word "help" in the sand with her finger, but it has been partially washed away by the approaching tide. See there? The h is half gone already, and the p is missing the stem. We took some pictures for record, though."

Mace looked down at the woman who lay dead, shuddering as he thought of what it must be like to die at someone else's hand. What were her last thoughts? What did this woman have to say that someone didn't want the world to hear?

Suddenly, more cops arrive, with three men in tow. One, they called Jersey, was throwing a fit, his loose pants practically down to his knees in the struggle. " I wasn't with her! I bought her a drink, but she left without even saying thanks!"

The other, older gentlemen, was the club owner. "Name's Shelby, detective. She is a great lady. This is a tragedy, but I will do anything to help. I saw her leave the club with that guy right there, but that's all I have." He pointed to the third man.

"Yeah, so? She left with me, but only for a sec, to get some smokes from my car. She came right back, honest!"

At that moment, Mace thinks of a very important clue, and knows exactly who is responsible for Kay's death. What does he figure out Question
0 Replies

kman

Reply Thu 16 Sep, 2004 05:52 pm
it was shelby. She wasnt trying to right help. She was righting sHELbey. It lloked like help cuz it got washed the way.

Got anymore?(if im right, wich i am)
0 Replies

Tryagain

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 05:58 am
Kman writes, "it was shelby" Cool

Detective Smartt arrived at a suspected suicide case. The man was the rich millionaire Dr. Snoot. Apparently he hanged himself in his attic with a small stool and belt.

The only people in the house at the time was;
a) The cook (ground floor)
b) Housekeeper (first floor)
c) Handyman (top floor)

The only witness was Dr. Snoot's butler.

The Butler's story was that he was outside bringing in groceries when he looked up and saw his master through the round attic window kicking over the stool. He also saw a shadow of another person but could not be sure who it was run from the room.

Who should Detective Smartt start to interview, and why Question
0 Replies

kman

Reply Sat 18 Sep, 2004 09:57 am
The guy without a belt?
0 Replies

markr

Reply Sat 18 Sep, 2004 10:39 am
I doubt the butler could see Dr. Snoot (on at least the fourth floor) kicking over the small stool from his vantage point. The angle is too severe to have seen that low into the attic. He may have seen the belt around his neck and attached to a rafter (or something), but not the small stool.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Sat 18 Sep, 2004 10:40 am
The butler. If he was looking up through the window, he couldn't have seen Dr. Snoot kick over a stool. Nor could he have seen a shadow.
0 Replies

Tryagain

Reply Sat 18 Sep, 2004 12:44 pm
Mark Cool and Merlin Cool have solved the crime, for the reasons given. However a special mention must go to kman, who said, "The guy without a belt?" Good thinking. Very Happy

In Iceland, a woman died by drowning, the police say it was suicide, which they stated was the cause of death.

The day after, a man sitting on a bench reading a newspaper about the suicide says, "It was not suicide, but murder."

How does that man know it was murder Question
0 Replies