crime scene ivestigation game

kman

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2004 06:31 pm
lets play a game. Ok, this is how it works. I going to recreate a crime scene that has just taken place. You have to use your detective skills to solve it/ or find out whats wrong with the situation. Heres the first one. Its relatively easy and you should have no problems solving it.

A man lays dead in his office slouched over in his chair. It appears to be a suicide. As you investigate the room more closely you notice a painting on the right side of the room. Nothing out of the ordinary. You keep turning your towards the left end of the room, and you see his hand cluthching a blue inc pen. He writting a note stating that he has no will to live and has decided to commit suicide. You keep turning your head left. The man appears to have shot himself in the head. The bullet has gone straight through his head. As you continue to look at the lefter area you notice the revolver, and another painting. This was is covered in blood.

The local police beleive this is a suicide but you say it was a murder. Why?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 4,451 • Replies: 56
No top replies

Kage

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2004 07:45 pm
RE: CSI Game
The dead man was holding the pen, and not the revolver. Thus making it murder. Next?
0 Replies

zippy12287

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2004 09:14 pm
yeup, the pen is in his hand and the gun is laying on the wrong side.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 06:24 am
Yup
0 Replies

kman

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 09:14 am
crime scene investigaton
Good job. To be more clear the gun was on the wrong side becuase it was on the left, and the bllood on the painting wass left, thus he had to be shot from the right.

Ill give you another one. This one will be a little harder.

A man has escaped a kiddnapping. He explains to you how he got away. "In the morning befor the kiddnapping I had just recievied a breifcase full of money from my boss to give to the local radio station as a prize give away. $50,000 to be exact." he said. "I had walked to my car with the breifcase beside at my side when 2 masked men jumped me. They through a bag over my head and gagged my so i couldnt see or talk. I was thrown into a car. When we came to a stop i was taken out and thrown into a room. I managed to take the blind fold off and the ducktape they used on my mouth. It was a small room, no windows. Just an old wooden chair. I tryed to lift the door off it hinges but they were on the other side. Then I heard someone coming. So i grabbed the chair, and hid beside the door so he would see me wen it opened. He came in and I wacked him over the head with the chair. I took off his mask and it was Charles, a former employee at my work. After that I ran out of the house and got a ride with man coming by."

You dont beleive this. Why?
0 Replies

kman

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 09:14 am
crime scene investigaton
Good job. To be more clear the gun was on the wrong side becuase it was on the left, and the bllood on the painting wass left, thus he had to be shot from the right.

Ill give you another one. This one will be a little harder.

A man has escaped a kiddnapping. He explains to you how he got away. "In the morning befor the kiddnapping I had just recievied a breifcase full of money from my boss to give to the local radio station as a prize give away. $50,000 to be exact." he said. "I had walked to my car with the breifcase beside at my side when 2 masked men jumped me. They through a bag over my head and gagged my so i couldnt see or talk. I was thrown into a car. When we came to a stop i was taken out and thrown into a room. I managed to take the blind fold off and the ducktape they used on my mouth. It was a small room, no windows. Just an old wooden chair. I tryed to lift the door off it hinges but they were on the other side. Then I heard someone coming. So i grabbed the chair, and hid beside the door so he would see me wen it opened. He came in and I wacked him over the head with the chair. I took off his mask and it was Charles, a former employee at my work. After that I ran out of the house and got a ride with man coming by."

You dont beleive this. Why?
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 09:21 am
If the hinges were on the opposite side of the door from him, it means that when charles opened the door, the door would have been opening towards him, so the kidnapped guy couldn't have hidden behind the door.
0 Replies

kman

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 12:05 pm
Good job. And it wasn't charles. The guy was trying to frame him.

Does anyone else want to make one or has one from a book?
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 12:53 pm
I wish I did. This is fun. Do they have books with crime scene stuff that you can figure out?
0 Replies

Tryagain

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 02:56 pm
Mr Bark was found dead in his study by Harry, who told of his discovery to the police.

"At 10pm I was walking by Mr. Bark's house when I thought I would just call in for a visit as I noticed his study light was on. It was freezing cold and I did not want to wake him if he had gone to bed and left the light on. So, I decided to peek in from the outside to see if he was in there. The curtains had been drawn on one of the windows, but not on the other. There was frost on the window; I had to wipe it away to see inside. The first thing I noticed was his valuable paintings were missing from the wall.

That is when I saw his body lying in a pool of blood on the floor. Therefore, I kicked in the front door to confirm my suspicions of foul play. The phone line had been pulled from the wall. The room had been ransacked. I called the police about 10.8pm from a neighbour's house.

A post mortem showed Mr Bark had been shot about 7pm when it was still light.

The officer arrested Harry for the murder of Mr. Bark. However, how could he prove it?
Kage

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 03:32 pm
If Mr Bark's study light was on, he was shot after dark. The body was proved to be shot at 7pm before sunset. That is the flaw in Harry's story.
0 Replies

kman

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 03:38 pm
crime scene ivestigation
montana- yeah actualy they do have books. Thats where i got mine.

tryagain- Im still working on it, but does it have to do with when he looked through the window?
0 Replies

kman

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 03:39 pm
crime scene ivestigation

tryagain- Im still working on it, but does it have to do with when he looked through the window?

he could have had the light on too see. I thought maybe there was no wiping mark on the window.
0 Replies

foxyme4eva

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 04:20 pm
no clue
0 Replies

Tryagain

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 04:36 pm
Kage wrote, "If Mr Bark's study light was on, he was shot after dark. The body was proved to be shot at 7pm before sunset. That is the flaw in Harry's story."

I would have thought that could have proved Harry did not do it, as he said he arrived at 10pm.

Kman wrote, "I thought maybe there was no wiping mark on the window. "

There was a mark on the window, which somebody could have made. But, then again maybe it was just dirt.

It looks like the FBI will have to be called in! :wink:
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 04:42 pm
Re: crime scene ivestigation
kman wrote:

Would you mind telling me the name of the book? I'd appreciate it.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 04:51 pm
If he was killed at 7pm when it was light out, then obviously Harry was lying when he said he spotted Mr. Barks light on as he was walking by and couldn't have seen anything inside at 10pm because it was too dark to see. So, Harry staged the scene after it was already dark and switched the light on to put together his story, not thinking about the fact that it was light out when he killed Mr. Barks.
0 Replies

Tryagain

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 05:28 pm
Montana said, "If he was killed at 7pm when it was light out then obviously Harry was lying when he said he spotted Mr. Barks light on as he was walking by and couldn't have seen anything inside at 10pm because it was too dark to see."

Good point. However, one can probably assume whoever turned the light on was indeed the murderer. However one curtain was drawn, why? Does it even matter?

Send for Sherlock Holmes!
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 05:39 pm
Then I think that the curtain was drawn because Harry wanted to wipe the frost from the window to stage his story, which tells me the frost was wiped off from the inside of the house. Now that I think about it, frost would only form on the inside of the window.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 05:41 pm
I think frost only forms on the inside of the window.
0 Replies