wvering, just call me a flip-flopper

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2004 06:28 pm
just about one week ago I had decided to bite the bullet and vote Kerry mostly on the premise that a dead-locked government would be a vast improvement. However, I am now thinking principles and I am back to finding a anti-war canditate wich leaves me with the Greens, Nader, or Libertarian. Guess I have to wait and see who is on the ballot here before I decide how to vote. Kerry is a hack and Bush is a dumb-ass , they leave me little choice.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,284 • Replies: 22
No top replies

Brand X

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2004 06:30 pm
As long as you stay true to your demanarchistocratism.
0 Replies

padmasambava

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2004 06:46 pm
I'm mistrustful of anyone who is wavering during this election.

It reminds me of an epistle of St. Paul from the Bible that contains the quote:

"You are not hot; you are not cold; you are lukewarm."

My recollection was that the point was that lukewarm is somehow worse than being this or that.

Fortunately I don't share your dilemma. It's clear that Kerry has a sense of the possible. And it's clear that George Bush both is, and is trying to do the impossible.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2004 06:50 pm
well maybe you're right, I don't rust me either.
0 Replies

Adrian

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2004 06:59 pm
Why would an anarchist vote for anyone?

I'm not being facetious, I'm really quite interested in the answer.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2004 07:16 pm
well, it's really just a matter of baby steps. Anywho after retinking my mistrustfulness I suppose I shouldn't vote at all. St Paul, really! that meglomaniac who created a religion of hate and bigotry was so friggin' hot he burned down the mission. Paulines be damned when I rule the universe.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2004 07:31 pm
Yeah, moderation is out of vogue in these here days of MOAB first, ask questions later, but I prefer the Middle Way. Too hot and you'll scald yourself, too cold and you'll suffer hypothermia. Neither will happen with lukewarm.

Paul was a fanatical extremist nut.

Is New Mexico a swing state, dys?

I don't have your dilemma, because whoever I vote for, my vote will be given to Bush. I live in Texas.
0 Replies

padmasambava

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2004 08:06 pm
Paul was a nut and responsible for all the "Birly Goys" who call themselves Christians.

I think the fictitious name for "Anarchy" has been registered already. And a true anarchist might vote on the grounds that to not have any rules could include that you allow yourself to vote.

Of course you'd have to vote for an anarchist.

I find Bush rather anarchistic. He defies financial ethics, religious ethics and moral ethics all at once not to mention having no use for diplomacy.

I think Bush is the Anarchist's Anarchist.

Were I an Anarchist I'd seriously consider voting for him just so the bureaucracies can continue not following any rules either.

But I wish they'd show us all the pictures from Abu Ghraib. So far what I've seen is rude. But I'd like to see what is really disgusting, because a hear that there was so much anarchy in that prison that they made those pile ups seem like sardines in a can compared to some of the games they were playing.

Don't all games have rules?

Anarchists are the worst hypocrites of them all if you entrust them with a pair of handcuffs and a room full of slings and swings and tools.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2004 08:11 pm
well then, just call me a hypocrite. I don't mind and I can call you a silly goose.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2004 08:16 pm
infrablue, yes NM is a swing state and that does offer me a dilema. last election I was in Az so it was easy to vote Nader.
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2004 08:37 pm
dyslexia wrote:
well, it's really just a matter of baby steps. Anywho after retinking my mistrustfulness I suppose I shouldn't vote at all. St Paul, really! that meglomaniac who created a religion of hate and bigotry was so friggin' hot he burned down the mission. Paulines be damned when I rule the universe.

Is that worth a salt pancake?????
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2004 08:43 pm
yeppers, in my face it is!
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2004 08:49 pm
Dys
I voted Nader in the last two presidential elections in California, a state in which it was safe to do so.

This year, living in New Mexico, a battleground state, I'm voting for Kerry.

BBB
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2004 09:02 pm
I will vote twice for Bush !
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2004 09:06 pm
as well you should george, LbJ was right then, in your mind, about voting tactics.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2004 09:07 pm
George
George, I'm going to report you to Craven.

BBB
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2004 09:39 pm
Hell, I'll vote twice for Craven !
0 Replies

revel

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 05:45 am
Actually that about the hot and cold is in Revelation concerning churches. (my least favorite book in the bible)

Anyway, I don't like seeing dyslexia getting beat up so I kind of hate to add what I think. But in this election year we can't afford to cast conscience votes because the reality is that a vote for anyone else turns into a vote for Bush and that means 4 more years bush. If that is what you want then vote for Bush or anyone else if you don't want that vote for kerry.

Sides, why is kerry a hack?
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 09:41 am
I don't think Dys is "being beat up". Besides he can take it as well as e dishes it out.

"Why is Kerry a hack?" I don't know. Perhaps you should ask his mother.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 09:50 am
His mother is dead.
0 Replies