Jill Stein, Green Party Candidate for President 2016

snood

Reply Wed 17 Aug, 2016 09:41 pm
@ossobucotemp,
Yeah, I've looked askance at him ever since he called Obama an uncle tom.
ossobucotemp

Reply Wed 17 Aug, 2016 09:53 pm
@snood,
I should add that re the piece from The Daily Beast, the author was saying the pesticide question about bees that Stein had brought up had been debunked (my words, not a quote), and later today I saw an article that said that that wasn't resolved yet... something I need to read more about as I hadn't followed the bee situation for some months now.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Mon 19 Sep, 2016 01:12 pm
Jill Stein: Trump may have 'memory problem'
Source: Politico

Jill Stein: Trump may have 'memory problem'

The physician turned Green Party candidate sees signs of health, mental, cognitive issues in the man atop the GOP ticket.

By Glenn Thrush

09/19/16 05:01 AM EDT

Jill Stein is a Harvard-trained internist, a doctor who diagnosed thousands of patients for a quarter-century in Boston and Chicago before making the late-career switch to Green Party presidential candidate and could-be Hillary Clinton spoiler. ... So, as we settled in for our “Off Message” podcast interview last week in a drab hotel conference room in Baltimore (she had a rally there last Friday), I asked Stein -- as a clinician used to making snap assessment -- whether she agreed with that Donald Trump “will be the healthiest individual ever elected to the presidency,” as declared by his Bruce Vilanch-esque personal physician, Harold Bornstein.

“You know, I don't pretend to be able to do TV diagnosis, but I think the guy has a problem,” said the 66-year-old candidate, who is averaging somewhere between 2 and 5 percent in most national and state polls, enough (Clinton people say) to put a scare into the Democrat in too-close-to-call states. “The guy has a lot of problems -- physical, mental, emotional, cognitive,” Stein said of Trump. ... As proof of his (alleged) pathology, she pointed to his position-hopping on a range of issues, which she cast as erratic rather than calculating -- from his fuzzy Iraq positions over the years, to his brief “softening” on immigration last month, to his decision (on the day we spoke) to suddenly renounce birtherism after five years of banging a drumbeat of lies.

“It's hard to, you know, to think too hard about anything Donald Trump says because he will change his mind in the next hour, if not the next day, or whatever,” she added. “Today, suddenly, after five years, he became convinced that it's not an issue. Yesterday it was an issue. It will probably become an issue again for him. You know, the guy may have a memory problem. Who knows what it is? But he's incapable of having a consistent thought or policy.”

Stein also thinks he’s getting a free pass because he spent his career in private business, and wants Trump – along with everybody else – to release his tax returns. “At least with Clinton, you know, there was some degree of transparency,” she said. “But what's going on with Trump, you can't even get at and what he said was that even to clarify 15 out of these 500 deals, these are just like the most frightening mafiosos around the world. He's like -- he's a magnet for crime and extortion.”

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2016/09/jill-stein-trump-may-have-memory-problem-228346

To be fair - the American voting public has a "memory problem" also: they want know, "who's Jill Stein"?
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Tue 20 Sep, 2016 03:00 pm
Jill Stein is an Idiot

http://thedailybanter.com/2016/09/jill-stein-is-an-idiot/
McGentrix

Reply Tue 20 Sep, 2016 05:06 pm
@maporsche,
maporsche wrote:

What a misogynist pair of douches you guys make.

That's how it's done right? If you oppose someone you must be the worse possible person and really only care about a superficial trait?
snood

Reply Tue 20 Sep, 2016 05:59 pm
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:

maporsche wrote:

What a misogynist pair of douches you guys make.

That's how it's done right? If you oppose someone you must be the worse possible person and really only care about a superficial trait?

If you call a woman an idiot because she's a woman, you're a misogynist. If you call a woman an idiot because she's an idiot, you're being fair and balanced. Hope that helps you.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 23 Sep, 2016 12:14 pm
@snood,
Interesting, because I have seen multiple instances when calling a rioter a thug has been labelled racist. I guess it depends on who is doing the name calling.
snood

Reply Fri 23 Sep, 2016 12:39 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Being called a racist is like corrosive acid to some people. It's funny as hell to me how offended some people get. The nerve! It's like the worst label ever to you, huh Finn?
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 23 Sep, 2016 05:55 pm
@snood,
It's funny to you?

I guess you throw the epithet around so casually you can't understand why someone might be offended by it.

Your assessment of who is and who is not a racist has about as much validity for me as a skinhead going on about who is and who is not a patriot.
snood

Reply Fri 23 Sep, 2016 06:37 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

It's funny to you?

I guess you throw the epithet around so casually you can't understand why someone might be offended by it.

Your assessment of who is and who is not a racist has about as much validity for me as a skinhead going on about who is and who is not a patriot.

I don't "throw it around" lightly. You just think so because I've (I think very accurately) used it on YOU several times. I would never call the vast. vast majority of posters here that, because it wouldn't fit. It fits you and a half dozen or so others in here to a tee. And yes, I get a kick out of how much that bothers you. You use pretty words and you have a singular talent for using 100 words where ten would do. But you can't hide the unctuous sense of entitled superiority of the wannabe worldly urbane racist.
0 Replies