The Roster of the Dead

Reply Sat 11 Sep, 2004 04:59 am
The neocons have cost the United States so much: a soaring national deficit, a ruined standing with longstanding, former allies, and of course, the lives of more than a thousand, young innocents.

http://www.nytimes.com/packages/html/national/20040909_THOUSAND_GRAPHIC/index_PICTURES.html

Kudos, to the New York Times for putting a face to the name -- let this be a wake-up call to those who still think Bushco's adventurism is justified.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,037 • Replies: 9
No top replies

Chuckster

Reply Sat 11 Sep, 2004 06:21 am
Oh! Greenie! You're a Scream! What wit! You Brits are so clever. Funeral Comedy is really hilarious! While you're at it , wantta slip in something snide about Lady Di? Or the Queen Mum?
Thank you for the Comic Relief!
0 Replies

greenumbrella

Reply Sat 11 Sep, 2004 06:38 am
Perhaps, chuckster could enlighten everyone as to what is so humorous about young, dead Americans?
0 Replies

Fedral

Reply Sat 11 Sep, 2004 09:27 am
It REALLY would be nice if you cut and pasted articles from sites that require registration.

As I said before, some of us hate registering at sites since the volume of garbage and spam e-mails in our mailbox seems to take an exponential jump everytime we enter our e-mail address into any registration form like this.

Since I already get over 100+ e-mails a day because of junk, I dont want to increase that.

It is VERY difficult to understand the points you are making if we have no hard copy on which to make our decision.

Thanks for your time and welcome to A2K Very Happy
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Sat 11 Sep, 2004 09:50 am
It is sad that so many service men have had to die for the cause of freedom. I also realize that those service men gave their lives so others in the world can experience the freedom that you already have to complain and the freedom you have to live your life. I wonder why liberals are so opposed to other people in the world having the same freedoms they do?
0 Replies

greenumbrella

Reply Sat 11 Sep, 2004 01:16 pm
It is sad that so many service men have had to die for the cause of providing AWOL Bush with the protective mantle of "wartime president."

So very, very sad.

No wonder Bushco so resisted the media showing the USA-flag draped coffins of dead, young innocent Americans coming home from Iraq, while Bush plays golf at Camp David and chops Cedar on his Crawford ranch.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Sat 11 Sep, 2004 01:22 pm
greenumbrella wrote:
while Bush plays golf at Camp David and chops Cedar on his Crawford ranch.

yeah, well, that's our bushy. always interested in wood.
Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Pragmaticone

Reply Sat 11 Sep, 2004 04:14 pm
What a handsome group of young men. How sad they are no longer with us.
0 Replies

padmasambava

Reply Sat 11 Sep, 2004 04:31 pm
Yes, all the fine handsome young men like Alyssa Peterson and Holly McGeogh.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Sat 11 Sep, 2004 05:42 pm
Thank you, greenumbrella, for the thread and the link.

As far as I know, PBS News Hour is the only news program that honors those (from the US) who have lost their lives in Iraq, by showing pictures of the dead soldiers at the end of the program.

This is an enormously tragic mistake that will affect the US and the world for decades.
0 Replies