100 questions to ask Bush/Kerry, in anticipation of debates

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2004 10:29 pm
In anticipation of the debates, I would like to collect as many of the questions that people have for both candidates on virtually every possible issue.

For example, watching the federal reserve chairman being questioned by the senate, I came across literally dozens of questions the democrats were asking Greenspan on issues such as if our economy could afford the costs of the Iraq war, the actual impacts of the tax cuts on our economy and would the money for the tax cuts have been more effective had to gone to underlying infrastructure development such as roads and schools which also ultimately encourages new businesses but also employs more people giving them money that they would likely have spent and thus reinvested into the economy directly as well as issues such the long term impacts of the national debt and the unnecessarily bloated programs such as the drug plan that could have done more for cheaper had the government been given the ability to negotiate down the costs of drugs etc.

In addition, the questions on the current state of our economy in relation to the two million more people in poverty, the fact that the few jobs being created don't even compensate for the new students and such entering the job market, the increased number of people without health insurance, the declining state of our schools, the rising costs of college education were also particularly effective. These are all questions that I would love to have Bush rather than Greenspan answer.

Most spectacularly however, there were a number of issues brought up on the secretive nature of the Bush administration that got me thinking about the stuff that made me despise Bush so much in the first place: how the budget guy who reasonably estimated that the war in Iraq will end up costing us 300 billion dollars was fired, how the budget guy who estimated that the true cost of the drug plan was 200 billion more than what Bush had told Congress was told to stay quiet or risk losing his job, how the generals who said that we don't have enough troops and equipment for Iraq and post war Iraq were ignored for many months, how the agenda and conclusions of the energy policy meeting that Cheney had with member of various corporations including Halliburton and Enron was made confidential, how Bush initially opposed the idea of the 9/11 comission of the Homeland Department and how the Bush administration sent out to small news rooms across the country fake stories with fake journalists to explain the prescribtion drug plan in a positive light.

I would love nothing more than to see Kerry very specifically question Bush on all these issues and the many other immoral or unpopular things that Bush has passed either in his answers or directly. Kerry seems like too much of a wimp right now. Being direct and forthright in expressing what so many people dislike about the Bush administration would do him a world of good.

I am certain that there are several questions that people have for Kerry. And I am certain that if Kerry was completely open, honest and forthright in explaining his position that he supported removed Saddam but felt that the war was executed poorly, that many others including Dick Cheney voted to cut the same weapons programs that he tried to cut and the reasons that they all did so, that he voted for over 200 trillion dollars worth of weapons programs while in senate, Kerry would actually come off seeming a better candidate.

So what questions would you like to ask Bush/Kerry. And how do you think the candidates would answer them. It's easy to imagine how a prepared Kerry could come off a great candiate but I have a hard time imagining how Bush can respond to the questions I posed above.

Here's an example of one I particularly liked though it doesn't even touch on the many great concerns brought up above...
"I'd ask why his administration has appealed court decisions barring qualified patients from federal prosecution, and upholding a physician's right to discuss marijuana therapy with their patients. I thought freedom of speech was one the rights this country was built on and I want to know why he wants to take it away from doctors. I can't think of anything more unamerican." - Mr. Sloppy Headface
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 591 • Replies: 2
No top replies

padmasambava

Reply Fri 10 Sep, 2004 01:23 am
I want to know: "If you did inhale, did you hold it in?"

"And if you held it in - for how long?"
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 10 Sep, 2004 07:04 am