Both George & Laura Bush Have Enjoyed Dope. Surprised?

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2004 10:01 pm
By Emma Pryer
London Mirror/Sept 6, 2004

GEORGE W Bush snorted cocaine at Camp David, a new book claims.
His wife Laura also allegedly tried cannabis in her youth.

Author Kitty Kelley says in her biography The Family: The Real Story of the Bush Dynasty, that the US President first used coke at university in the mid-1960s.

She quotes his former sister-in-law Sharon Bush who claims: "Bush did coke at Camp David when his father was President, and not just once either."

Other acquaintances allege that as a 26-year-old National Guard, Bush "liked to sneak out back for a joint or into the bathroom for a line of cocaine".

Bush has admitted being an alcoholic but, asked during the 1999 election if he did drugs, he said: "I've told the American people that years ago I made some mistakes.

"I've learned from my mistakes and should I be fortunate enough to become president I will bring dignity and honour to the office."

Later an aide clarified his remarks saying Bush hadn't taken illegal drugs in the past 25 years.

Kelley says that the Bush family covered up scandals because of their wealth and influence. She claims George W started drinking at school and continued at Yale university to overcome shyness.

Former student Torbery George says in the book: "Poor Georgie. He couldn't relate to women unless he was loaded."

Another says: "He went out of his way to act crude. It's amazing someone you held in such low esteem later became president."

His supporters have slammed the allegations as outrageous.

The White House said: "This book appears to be filled with the same trash discredited years ago."
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 812 • Replies: 16
No top replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2004 10:02 pm
What a hilarious piece of trash! Laughing That is gold, greenumbrella. Gold.
0 Replies

padmasambava

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2004 11:57 pm
If only Bush had done LSD it might have made him either brighter or even more of a vegetable than he is!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 10 Sep, 2004 12:21 am
I can't tell you how much I don't care. Just don't lecture the rest of us.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 10 Sep, 2004 06:48 am
I'm with ossobuco. The First Family's recreational drugs are not my business. The President's Domestic and Foreign Policies are quite enough to hold against him.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 10 Sep, 2004 06:52 am
everyone and I do mean everyone warned george about the blue acid but he just wouldn't listen.
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Fri 10 Sep, 2004 06:52 am
And this is relevant ---How???
0 Replies

greenumbrella

Reply Fri 10 Sep, 2004 06:57 am
"The First Family's recreational drugs are not my business." Noddy24

If it were only that simple as to bury ones head in the sand.

But, when the First Family is using recreational drugs, while their agenda-driven anti-drug use policies are putting Americans by the thousands in jail for the very same behaviour, there's a dangerous disconnect at play.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 10 Sep, 2004 07:00 am
nah, it's just a policy to keep the un-employment numbers down, they don't have to count prison inmates you know.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 10 Sep, 2004 07:04 am
I've spoken with Kerry's crack dealer. Everytime Kerry's bus rolls though they stop in Poughkeepsie so Kerry can get a couple of rocks for the road. He says it helps him concentrate, but the guy i spoke to says he's just addicted to the pipe. Oh, and Theresa shoots up heroin.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Fri 10 Sep, 2004 08:48 am
There are two ways in which this issue would be relevant if Bush had a history of cocaine use.

First would be his lack of forthrightness in admitting to it rather than saying, like the classic Groenig cartoon, "Mistake were made." That's a character issue, alleviated somewhat by America's complete nuttiness on the drug issue, but as Bush is complicit in forwarding that nuttiness, he doesn't get much of a pass.

Secondly, as Governor, Bush put away a lot of people (mainly blacks) for a long tiime for cocaine possession. And that, if he was a user, especially a frequent user, is morally repugnant and inexcuseable.

Was he a user? It seems rather likely, but I'm not sure.
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Fri 10 Sep, 2004 10:45 am
Blatham - Give me a break. Why does anyone need to admit they smoked pot or snorted cocaine 20 years ago? Should we all admitt we did things in our youth for the sake of the elitist snobs?

Also, I do not recall Gov. Bush arresting anyone for cocaine posession.
0 Replies

padmasambava

Reply Fri 10 Sep, 2004 10:55 am
McGentrix.

Kerry who? Presumably the guy you spoke to is a close business associate of yours. . .
0 Replies

padmasambava

Reply Fri 10 Sep, 2004 11:06 am
And Woiyo:

We shouldn't have to admit it if we were glue sniffers or animal torturers either.

But you in particular should tell us all about your private experiences.

It could give us some context.

Clinton never was a cokehead was he? But I think his brother had a problem. In my experience I met more Republicans into abusing that substance than Democrats. But Republicans though they experimented with LSD and Mescaline and such bear out the comment that one of my friends who was at Harvard said about LSD in particular:

"It makes everything intensly the way it is." What, you think Art Linkletter's daughter didn't believe she could fly before she dosed too? You could be wrong.

There was argument that was made by some radical individuals in the movement who hesitated at the suggestion that the police should be "dosed" somehow - using methods like those notorious CIA subway experiments.

What if the gun toting cops or National Guard didn't turn into flower people but simply became "intensely the way they are."

I don't think it's a matter of what kind of fuel Bush or anyone is running on. . .

It all comes down to intent.

And that's what worries me far more; and the fact that a few glasses of booze can also lead to a president stumbling and accidentally landing on the "button."
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Fri 10 Sep, 2004 11:09 am
woiyo wrote:
Blatham - Give me a break. Why does anyone need to admit they smoked pot or snorted cocaine 20 years ago? Should we all admitt we did things in our youth for the sake of the elitist snobs?

No one needs to admit it, except those who gain politically from pushing an anti-drug stance while having been users themselves. The point isn't mis-steps while youthful, it is hypocrisy. Particularly so when daddy is rich and powerful (a member of the elite) and can cover up for you, an advantage not available to many.

You may not recall Bush arresting anyone because he didn't. He wasn't a policeman, he was a governor. Why don't you do some research on the sentencing guidelines passed and carried out while Bush was governor. You get this? At Yale, Bush has a few pounds of coke through his sinuses (assuming he did, and it isn't a stretch) and yet he's quite happy to have his citizens sent away for a lot of years for doing precisely what he himself did. This speaks to character. It suggests a shallow and selfish elitist type of character.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 10 Sep, 2004 11:17 am
You're basing this on unprovable accusations. That's why what you say about Bush's drug use is utterly meaningless.
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Fri 10 Sep, 2004 11:24 am
blatham wrote:
woiyo wrote:

No one needs to admit it, except those who gain politically from pushing an anti-drug stance while having been users themselves. The point isn't mis-steps while youthful, it is hypocrisy. Particularly so when daddy is rich and powerful (a member of the elite) and can cover up for you, an advantage not available to many.

You may not recall Bush arresting anyone because he didn't. He wasn't a policeman, he was a governor. Why don't you do some research on the sentencing guidelines passed and carried out while Bush was governor. You get this? At Yale, Bush has a few pounds of coke through his sinuses (assuming he did, and it isn't a stretch) and yet he's quite happy to have his citizens sent away for a lot of years for doing precisely what he himself did. This speaks to character. It suggests a shallow and selfish elitist type of character.

No, it speaks of maturity. It shows in his youth he did some stupid things, like I am sure most of us did. The fact that in my youth I liked to drive fast does not now make me a shallow and selfish elitist type of character just because I now see the wisdom of driving within the lawful speed limit.
0 Replies