Quote:
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,212 • Replies: 30
No top replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2004 10:48 am
Jeez, you poor conservatives really are in a bind.

You spent 8 years harping on Bill Clinton about avoiding service during the Vietnam War....and now are defending a moron who avoided service during that war.

And in order to do so, you conservatives must show the huge streak of hypocrisy that runs down most of your backs...by trashing people who did serve.

Now, you, Swolf, are trying to show scorn for liberal philosophy.

Swolf, you conservatives have been on the wrong side of damn near every important issue this country has ever faced.

During Revolutionary times the conservatives argued that King George III deserved our loyalties...and that talk of independence was treason.

Civil War: conservatives argued that slavery was okay...and a matter for individual states rather than the federal government.

When women demanded the right to vote...conservatives argued against it.

They have opposed every piece of safety net legislation ever proposed.

You guys are just plain wrong....WRONG.

The Dubya...in Dumbya's name, does indeed stand for WRONG.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2004 10:50 am
Frank, meet The Christian Soldier . . .

swolf, meet your nemesis . . .
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2004 10:52 am
The conservative creed:

We believe that deficits don't matter.
We believe in attacking disarmed countries.
We believe in the 'domino theory'.

and above all, We believe anything that comes out of George Bush's mouth.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2004 10:54 am
Hey, Set.

Hope we both leave that last conversation we had...in the distant past...where it belongs.

I've read some of your recent postings....and will have no difficulty in agreeing with you on much of your take on this so-called election.

It is good to be back.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2004 10:55 am
By the way, Set...

...thanks for the introduction to Swolf.

Unfortunately, we met in another thread a short while ago...and that thread was just locked!!!!!

Some things never change.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2004 10:56 am
Among which are the character of The Christian Soldier's contributions here . . .
0 Replies

swolf

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2004 11:06 am
Frank Apisa wrote:

During Revolutionary times the conservatives argued that King George III deserved our loyalties...and that talk of independence was treason.

Civil War: conservatives argued that slavery was okay...and a matter for individual states rather than the federal government.

When women demanded the right to vote...conservatives argued against it.

They have opposed every piece of safety net legislation ever proposed.

You aren't gonna tell us about Genseric the Vandal and Attila the Hun being conservatives?

Awwwwwwwwww.

I mean, your little diatribe is so full of holes there's more open space than solid material; you can't legally make a sieve like that.

Moreover, the list I posted above is a tiny list; there are much longer lists of inconstencies in liberal positions. The idea of some racism being bad, other racism good, some undeclared wars bad, others good (Kosovo is "good" for liberals because mainly innocent Christians got killed and it took a credible rape allegation against a demmy president off the front pages), some sexual harassment being horrible crimes (Clarence Thomas telling an off color joke) while other instances of sexual harassment (Clinton forcing himself on Kathleen Willey and then Clintonista operatives threatening to kill her kids if she said anything about it) relatively benign, Bush's war on terrorism being evil while Slick Klintler's releasing 20 FALN terrorists from prison where they'd been put by heroic police efforts in an effort to buy puertorican votes for Ms. Piggy's senate campaign is good. That last one is really sending the right message to the world's terrorists, isn't it?

But you get the idea. Consistency simply doesn't appear to be a demmunist viitue or anything like that.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2004 11:11 am
So, How 'bout them Yankees?
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2004 11:14 am
Squinney
Go Yankees; pull my chain!

BBB Rolling Eyes Laughing Shocked
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2004 11:14 am
swolf, do you play tennis, swim, go out for long walks with the dog, take in a movie, eat at a nice restaurant, you know, stuff like that? It's just a question.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2004 11:15 am
You looking for a date, Cav?
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2004 11:16 am
Laughing I shall say no more, but I am fond of those Medjool dates. I think they come from the middle east, or maybe California.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2004 11:22 am
Don't all the nuts and dates around here come from California?
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2004 11:24 am
Set
You must have never tasted Southern boiled peanuts or boiled hominy.

BBB
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2004 11:27 am
BBB, I am familiar with boiled hominy, with a side of fried ad hominem. The two together are delicious.
0 Replies

squinney

BBB- Please NEVER mention hominy again in my presence. Horrid childhood memories!
0 Replies

Setanta

My use of the word "nuts" in this context did not refer to edibles, BBB . . . there is (or once was) a wonderful peanut store in Williamsburg--most people don't associate Virginia with peanuts, but they're crazy for 'em . . . although you can have my serving of peanut butter soup . . .
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2004 11:28 am
There is nothing like a tight hominy.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2004 11:29 am
I like yellow hominy fried with green onions and spicy sausage . . . mmmmmmmmmm . . . them's good eatin' ! ! !
0 Replies