Latest demmunist smear effort blows up in their faces

swolf

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2004 09:34 am
http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2004/9/9/110445.shtml

Quote:

The big bombshell promised by Kitty Kelley in her scorching anti-Bush book "The Family: The Real Story of the Bush Dynasty," has prematurely imploded, with a key witness behind the book's central charge now denying Kelley's version of her account. "I categorically deny that I ever told Kitty Kelley that George W. Bush used cocaine at Camp David or that I ever saw him use cocaine at Camp David," ex-Bush sister-in-law Sharon Bush said in a statement issued yesterday, according to the Washington Post. Instead, said the one-time Bush family insider, "When Kitty Kelley raised drug use at Camp David, I responded by saying something along the lines of, 'Who would say such a thing?'"

The recantation of the book's central charge has flummoxed media outlets that were planning a mega roll-out for the anti-Bush screed.

When contacted by NewsMax Thursday morning, a spokesman for NBC's "Today Show," which had planned to showcase Kelley's book for three straight mornings in a row next week, couldn't say whether Sharon's statement would change their plans.

Newsweek magazine had already rejected an offer to excerpt the Kelley book because the Bush ex was the sole source of Kelley's big bombshell, with lead reporter Howard Fineman complaining Tuesday that the cocaine story was "un-checkable and an otherwise un-witnessable allegation. So if that's the best she's got, that's why we took a pass on it."

Despite the Sharon Bush debacle, Kelley's publisher is so far hanging tough.

"Doubleday stands fully behind the accuracy of Ms. Kelley's reporting and believes that everything she attributes to Sharon Bush in her book is an accurate account of their discussions," Associate Publisher Suzanne Herz told the Post. "Ms. Kelley met with Sharon Bush over the course of a four-hour lunch on April 1, 2003, at the Chelsea Bistro in Manhattan."

Still, industry insiders are wary of a repeat of the publishing disaster that transpired the last time a book claimed Bush was a coke user.

In 1999, St. Martin's Press was forced to recall 90,000 copies of "Fortunate Son," which alleged that then candidate George W. Bush had been arrested on a cocaine charge in 1972.

Only after the book hit stores did St. Martin's learn that the author of "Son," J.H. Hatfield, had served five years in jail in connection with a conspiracy to commit murder. The Bush book debacle is believed to have contributed to Hatfield's 2001 suicide by drug overdose.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,167 • Replies: 19
No top replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2004 09:35 am
scroll.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2004 09:47 am
Actually...I am not especially concerned with whether or not George Dumbya Bush used coke or not. I am put off by the fact that he is a f***ing moron.

Don't you think that is more important!
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2004 09:48 am
Put it this way...

...at his age, George Dumbya Bush could get over coke use...

...but he has almost no chance of ever getting any smarter. And right now, he is as stupid as an asparagus stalk.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2004 09:51 am
Frank, you truly underestimate asparagus stalks.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2004 09:51 am
Well, you see, people like Swolf don't think that Bush is dumb.

They think that the fact that they can understand him makes them smart.

It's hard to argue against (as they wouldn't understand if you did!)

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

dare2think

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2004 10:01 am
Frank Apisa wrote:
Actually...I am not especially concerned with whether or not George Dumbya Bush used coke or not. I am put off by the fact that he is a f***ing moron.

Hear Hear!

bush has done the most destructive thing any president could have even done, taking our nation to war for personal reasons, this is reprehensible. Families are suffering everyday over the death of their loved ones, he has caused so much grief and suffering in his less than 4 years in office, it would be a disgrace to give him 4 more years.
The economy hasn't been this bad since HH.

BUSH HAS GOT TO GO!
0 Replies

swolf

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2004 10:19 am
dare2think wrote:
Frank Apisa wrote:

Hear Hear!

bush has done the most destructive thing any president could have even done, taking our nation to war for personal reasons, this is reprehensible....

Sorry, but that's bullshit.

I view trying to poison the US senate office building with anthrax as an outright act of war, hence it's very difficult for me to understand where the demmunists are coming from in their opposition to the war in Iraq.

The first case of anthrax after 9-11 (Bob Stevens) showed up within miles of where several hijackers stayed JUST BEFORE 9/11, a very unlikely coincidence considering that they could have stayed anywhere in the country.

The last previous case of anthrax in a human in the United States prior to 9-11 had been about 30 years prior to that.

There are other coincidences. For instance, the wife of the editor of the sun (where Stevens worked) also had contact with the hijackers in that she rented them the place they stayed.

Atta and the hijackers flew planes out of an airport in the vicinity and asked about crop dusters on more than one occasion. Indeed, Atta sought a loan to try and modify a crop duster.

Atta and several of the hijackers in this group also sought medical aid just prior to 9/11 for skin lesions that the doctors who saw them now say looked like anthrax lesions.

Basically, you either believe in the laws of probability or you don't. Anybody claiming that all these things were coincidences is either totally in denial or does not believe in modern mathematics and probability theory.

While the anthrax in question originally came from a US strain, it isn't too surprising that Iraq might have that strain since that strain was mailed to laboratories around the world years earlier.

Nonetheless, it was highly sophisticated, and went through envelope paper as if it weren't even there; many thought it to be not only beyond the capabilities of Hussein but of anybody else on the planet as well including us. Nonetheless, later information showed Husseins programs to be capable of such feats:

http://www.aim.org/publications/media_monitor/2004/01/01.html

Quote:

In a major development, potentially as significant as the capture of Saddam Hussein, investigative journalist Richard Miniter says there is evidence to indicate Saddam's anthrax program was capable of producing the kind of anthrax that hit America shortly after 9/11. Miniter, author of Losing bin Laden, told Accuracy in Media that during November he interviewed U.S. weapons inspector Dr. David Kay in Baghdad and that he was "absolutely shocked and astonished" at the sophistication of the Iraqi program.

Miniter said that Kay told him that, . That would make the former regime of Saddam Hussein the most sophisticated manufacturer of anthrax in the world." Miniter said there are "intriguing similarities" between the nature of the anthrax that could be produced by Saddam and what hit America after 9/11. The key similarity is that the anthrax is produced in such a way that "hangs in the air much longer than anthrax normally would" and is therefore more lethal.

Basically, the anthrax attack which followed 9/11 had Saddam Hussein's fingerprints all over it. It was particalized so finely it went right through envelop paper and yet was not weaponized (not hardened against antibiotics). It was basically a warning, saying as much as:

Quote:

"Hey, fools, some of my friends just knocked your two towers down and if you try to do anything about it, this is what could happen. F*** you, and have a nice day!!"

There is no way an American who had had anything to do with that would not be behind bars by now. In fact the one American they originally suspected told investigators that if he'd had anything to do with that stuff, he would either have anthrax or have the antibodies from the preventive medicine in his blood and offered to take a blood test on the spot. That of course was unanswerable.

The basic American notion of a presumption of innocence is not meaningful or useful in cases like that of Saddam Hussein. Even the Japanese had the decency to have their own markings on their aircraft at Pearl Harbor; Nobody had to guess who did it. Saddam Hussein, on the other hand, is like the kid in school who was always standing around snickering when things went bad, but who could never be shown to have had a hand in anything directly. At some point, guys would start to kick that guy's ass periodically on general principles. Likewise, in the case of Saddam Hussein, the reasonable assumption is that he's guilty unless he somehow or other manages to prove himself innocent and, obviously, that did not happen.

At the time, the US military was in such disarray from the eight years of the Clinton regime that there was nothing we could do about it. Even such basic items as machinegun barrels, which we should have warehouses full of, were simply not there. Nonetheless, nobody should think they would get away with such a thing and, apparently, Hussein and his baathists didn't.

Bob Woodward's book "Bush at War" documents some of this:

Quote:

'Cheney?s chief of staff, Scooter Libby, quickly questions the wisdom of mentioning state sponsorship. Tenet, sensitive to the politics of Capitol Hill and the news media, terminates any discussion of state sponsorship
with the clear statement:

Quote:
"I'm not going to talk about a state sponsor."

'Vice President Cheney further drives the point home:

Quote:

"It's good that we don't, because we're not ready to do anything about it."

The Clinton administration was a disaster of unprecedented proportions. We're lucky to be alive.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2004 11:33 am
Bush is not a moron. Regardless of your personal feelings.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2004 11:34 am
He is one. Regardless of yours, McG.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2004 11:36 am
Want evidence? He ran several businesses into the ground, ran the Texas state economy into the ground, and ran the national economy into the ground.

Not the man I would trust with my money.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2004 11:39 am
BBB
I think history well reveal to us whether or not George W. Bush is dumb. However, I don't need a historian to convince me right now that George W. Bush is not wise.

BBB
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2004 11:40 am
Lock-unlock-locked again....

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2004 11:41 am
Cycloptichorn wrote:

Cycloptichorn

Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2004 11:41 am
Why is my comment worth rolling my eyes over?

It's essentially no different from yours that directly preceeded it.

I cry partisanship!

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

revel

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2004 11:46 am
Cycloptichorn wrote:

Cycloptichorn

Laughing
0 Replies

revel

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2004 11:53 am
Maybe George's ex sister in law is being threatened in some way or something. I read an article concerning the up coming book and it has been gone over with a fine tooth comb because they know who they are dealing with. The author is prepared, I imagine, to back- up her statements in her book.

I think like we under estimated the impact of swift boat (at least I did) at the beginning, you may be underestimating the impact of the up coming book. If only impacts a few voters, that is all that is needed so the risk is worth it.

If it don't have any impact, I don't think it will hurt anything either at this late stage. Most people already believe that George Bush used coke without the book.
0 Replies

dare2think

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2004 12:19 pm
swolf, your post is the one full of bull.

McGentrix, bush IS a moron. have you heard his latest misspeak? He said, "because of the high cost of medical insurance, OBGYN's will not be able to practice their LOVE on patients all over America".

What an idiot!
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2004 12:45 pm
I was talking with a gay friend of mine the other day and he told me that he thought that another friend of ours was a closet queen. I asked him why he thought that, and he said that "It takes one to know one, honey!"

I wonder if that applies here.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Fri 10 Sep, 2004 09:57 am
BBB
I don't think Bush is stupid but I do think he is not wise. I do think he is a rich brat tunnel vision ideologue and a moral coward surrounded by people who are smarter ideologues.

BBB
0 Replies