Wiring outlets to a twenty amp breaker

Reply Thu 21 Jul, 2016 06:58 pm
Running all new wires/device boxes for outlets on a 20 amp breaker with 12/2 romex... The room has three walls that need outlets. Can I connect them in parallel, so load in, line out? The issue I have is at the corner of the room, can I have the load coming in to an outlet, then two going out to, 2 separate outlets? I felt I had to just have one clean line going in and one going out... I maybe wrong.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 732 • Replies: 2
No top replies

spooky24

Reply Fri 22 Jul, 2016 07:11 am
@Kiowa7780,
The 3 outlets could be run parallel however it doesn't seem to be too much trouble to run one clean. Your romex is right and you breaker is right and can handle it. Look at the situation from a viewpoint of status. Do you see any circumstances that all three outlets being at load at one time? If it was a room for say.. a teenager then no-it should go 2-1 If it was a drawing room or a den that is hardly ever used..then go with 3.
In my electrical workshop I have a zillion different plugs, wires, switches and so on as I would hardwire them together just to test the load. You can do this with gatorclips in a second. Remember Amps are the size of the river..volts are the speed of the river and load is the depth of the river.
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Fri 22 Jul, 2016 10:26 am
@Kiowa7780,
Quote:
load in, line out?
??

Quote:
load coming in to an outlet, then two going out to, 2 separate
Usu okay. Do question your use of the term "load"
0 Replies