Debra Law

Reply Tue 14 Dec, 2004 12:08 am
law
This year, there were several candidates who went to law school:

Bradford -- Attorney

Stacy R. -- Attorney

Kevin -- Law Student

Jennifer M. -- Attorney

In the final boardroom, it was NOTED that Trump needed someone who could deal with the legal complexities of his business. It appears that Trump may have been looking for a lawyer from the very onset of this competition.

Kevin was a law school student, but he made it clear during his interviews that he was not interested in practicing law -- You're FIRED.

In this respect, Jennifer M. probably gives Trump what he is seeking. If he hires Jennifer, he gets a lawyer with Harvard and Princeton credentials for an apprentice salary.

I was thinking Kelly was the obvious winner, but now I'm not so sure . . . .
0 Replies

AllanSwann

Reply Tue 14 Dec, 2004 04:43 pm
It's certainly possible, as Debra posits, that Trump was specifically seeking an attorney for this go-round, but I've become more convinced as this season progressed that Jenn would be a potential disaster for him as an apprentice. I still believe Kelly performed hands-down better than any of the others & he deserves to win. Also, if memory serves, I believe Kelly got a law degree around (or during) the same time as he got his MBA. It doesn't appear, however, that he's ever practiced law so if a practicing attorney is what Trump is after, Jenn would be his best choice of all the attorney candidates because she handled complex security transactions in San Francisco whereas the others were either too inexperienced (or lacked desire), such as Kevin and Stacy R, or too brash and impulsive (Bradford).

Nonetheless, I'll be very surprised if Jenn prevails.
0 Replies

AllanSwann

Reply Tue 14 Dec, 2004 04:47 pm
Sorry for "doubling-up" here on my posts (and my apologies if this has been addressed before), but from the first season, it did strike me as a bit ironic that this show has all these successful career go-getters jockeying for a job that requires them to undoubtedly slave to Trump's every demand for a relatively paltry $250,000 a year. Other than the obvious chance to get major, major media exposure and perhaps get to work for one of the most notable entrepreneurs of our time, why would this particular job be better than the successes these folks have already enjoyed?
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Thu 16 Dec, 2004 09:16 pm
What I found interesting was on the news the other day, Jen was ahead by about 56% on who "the public" thought would win. Considering how obvious it was that Kelly had great credentials (not by a piece of paper, but actual put to the test skills), it kinda blew my mind. Were they watching what I was? Up until there were only a few contestants left, I didn't know she existed.

The last few minutes made me smile. Thought it was good. The season however could have improved.

Regis wore the pink tie this time. ...and go figure, Trump didn't.
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Thu 16 Dec, 2004 09:23 pm
What's funny is looking at Kelly stand there next to trump. You can tell he's nervous.

Look how he has his hands. He has them by his side and closed like you would while standing at attn. (military). hahahhaha
0 Replies

flyboy804

Reply Fri 17 Dec, 2004 08:28 am
I believe what really "did in" Jennifer was her abrasiveness and lack of tact. Being strong is one thing, but she could not even keep herself from talking over Trump, something which could not help but cause someone with his ego to seethe.
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Fri 17 Dec, 2004 09:52 am
I think Trump made the right desicion, but I couldn't help thinking while Regis was talking to Troy that I would take him over ANY of this years contestants in a heart beat.
0 Replies

RfromP

Reply Fri 17 Dec, 2004 02:19 pm
Ivana, Trump gave you a chance to redeem yourself on a silver platter and you pass? Dumb, just dumb.

Stuffing gift bags is beneath you and should be done by "minimum labors" John? How sweet it was to see you get told to go clean the clubhouse. If only they had showed some footage of him cleaning that nasty toilet.

The COO can't string some words together and come up with a coherent sentence? The way he was hunched over after that he may trying to cover up that he had just pissed himself.

"It was just coffee Raj" I enjoyed that almost as much as the Jen M. three hour smackdown.

After seeing the preview for TA3, the show feels more like a game instead of an actual serious attempt to hire an apprentice. The premise of the show is shot. Rather than let's find the most qualified job candidate it's now not educated vs. uneducated, let the games begin! How ridiculous.
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Fri 17 Dec, 2004 11:39 pm
Jennifer M. delegated the most important tasks to her team members and focused her attention on the small details. She didn't step up to the plate and shine. She didn't please her event sponsors. The x-Box client told her: Don't send anyone to talk to me -- don't bother me with the details, just make the problem go away -- live up to your obligations.

Congratulations to Kelly for winning this year. He won, hands down. So what does he get? A job in the Trump organization. Lucky him.
0 Replies

AllanSwann

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2004 10:40 am
A few random thoughts while waiting for the A3:

Who would you pick between Kelly and Bill Rancic? <My vote would go to Bill, who while less college-degreed and maybe seasoned as Kelly, is more well-rounded as a personality>.

Who would you pick between Jennifer M. and Kwame? <My vote would go to Jenn. Even though she has her glaring faults, Kwame never impressed me other than being smooth>.

There were plenty of reasons for Trump to pick Kelly over Jenn. Given the overwelming support Kelly got from the corporate sector & his peers (from both seasons), the only real "mystery" (other than for fabricated TV drama purposes) is why there would be ANY apparent doubt 'til the end in Trump's "mind".

Raj gets my vote for A2's version of Sam. Maria gets my vote for A2's version of Omarosa.

I believe Carolyn is now 2-0 & George is 0-2 in final votes for the Apprentice.

In the bottom of the barrel trivia category: Both George and Regis wore pink ties to the live finale. The Donald did not.

Does anyone believe that an academia-phile like Trump will pick a street-smart candidate over a highly degreed candidate?
0 Replies

GeneralTsao

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2004 09:13 pm
The 3-hour excruciatingly painful finale
Well, that 3-hour hype-filled, news-magazine-style Apprentice finale was horrendous!

Adding Regis was silly, and made the show lose any semblence of credibility it had.

And the constant teasers; [Regis] "Coming up next, Omarosa has something [nutty] to say..."

Then another teaser, another frickin' commercial.

Oh, yes, another teaser, and another commercial.

They effectively stretched a 90 minute show to three painful hours. Glad I taped it and watched it Saturday.

I do not believe for one instant that Trump had any doubt in his mind who was going to be hired. Jen was completely distasteful, and most obviously, did not take risks. She did not jump at the opportunities to be PM.

All this being said, and being no fan of Jen, I still felt it was really demeaning, rude, inappropriate, and mean for the program's editors to show her being dissed by person after person after person.

Finally: Ivana's a slut. She made that perfectly clear. Her parents must be so proud.

============
Regarding the Apprentice position itself: Bill Rancic was saying that his 1-year stint was over. That implies that this isn't really a job interview. The 1-year apprenticeship is just a prize in this gameshow.

Were it an apprenticeship, Rancic would still be employed there, which was not implied.

General Tsao
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2004 10:45 pm
I think Pam and Kevin were robbed. There is some racism and looksism going on with Trump, IMO.

I thought Jenn was awful--and floated on her hair and teeth.

I think it's HORRIBLE that that lazy, lying Omarosa gets her sorry mug on TV.
0 Replies

GeneralTsao

Reply Fri 24 Dec, 2004 08:40 am
Lash wrote:

I thought Jenn was awful--and floated on her hair and teeth.

Didn't she look like crap when they showed her without makeup? I mean, most women (including my wife) look better without makeup--natural, so to speak--but wow, they invented makeup for Jen!

Oh, and in the program, they stated that Jen had "risen to the top of her firm." I just find that really, really, hard to believe. The shot they had of her coworkers...well many had grey hair...that means experience and wisdom. I just can't believe that Jen rose above all that grey hair.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Fri 24 Dec, 2004 08:57 am
Quote:
they stated that Jen had "risen to the top of her firm."

was she a "Partner" lol NO
0 Replies

GeneralTsao

Reply Wed 5 Jan, 2005 11:52 pm
OK, I think I'm going to puke.

I just saw a commercial on TV...it featured none other than Omarosa.

She had one "Whopping" line in this Burger King commercial.

My questions are this:

1) What ad agency thought she would be a good spokesperson for BK?
2) Who risked their career by assuming she'd actually show up to the studio for filming...and on time?
3) Who thought this selfish, brainless b**** deserved even 15 more seconds in the limelight, let alone a work contract?
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Thu 6 Jan, 2005 09:23 am
I saw that... I thought it was pretty funny when the guy at the end says "Oh... this is gonna suck"

I thought it was good.
0 Replies

Bibliophile the BibleGuru

Reply Thu 6 Jan, 2005 09:36 am
When did Season 2 of The Apprentice commence in the USA?

I'm looking forward to seeing it in the UK.
0 Replies

Bibliophile the BibleGuru

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2005 09:01 am
When did Season 2 of The Apprentice commence in the USA?

I'm looking forward to seeing it in the UK.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2005 11:25 am
I dunno - is ther an off setting schedule you can count on? might have been October somethime??
0 Replies

Ray

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2005 04:20 pm
Apprentice 3 tonight... go book smarts.
0 Replies