Should I get her fired ?

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 16 Sep, 2004 07:29 am
The next bee will come sooner than you'll expect it, Gautam :wink:
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 16 Sep, 2004 07:34 am
Pardon my french but, get that bitch fired.

She could have killed you. If you are allergic to bees there are things that happen inside your body that can't be seen. You go into anaphalactic shock and DIE. When someone comes in and doesn't know if they are allergic to bees they should be monitored, not ignored. I almost lost my dad to a bee sting and if the hospital receptionist had just said, "you'll have to wait", he'd be dead now.

Having the cream "slip her mind" or whatever is ludicrist. She works in a friggin' dr. office. I don't care that she was having a bad day, her dog died, her laundry turned pink and she spilled coffee all over her brand new Jaguar on the way to work. She is a professional and should act so.

Report her before she really causes some damage.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 16 Sep, 2004 09:02 am
He did report her, Kristie.

Anaphylactic shock is commonly treated with the hormone epinephrine, not a cream salve. This is why I mentioned the nurse should have checked him for signs of shock when she heard about someone out in the waiting room with a beesting.

Presumably they'll cover this in the review of entry procedures.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 16 Sep, 2004 09:27 am
good job gautam...what of the fate of the dumbass?
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Thu 16 Sep, 2004 09:29 am
Excellent! Sounds like you've made a difference there. Very Happy
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Thu 16 Sep, 2004 09:49 am
I would have slammed my fists down on the desk and yelled, "I DRIVE A DODGE STRATUS! PEOPLE ARE AFRAID OF ME!!! I DRIVE....I DRIVE A DODGE STRATUS!"
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 16 Sep, 2004 09:51 am
certainly would have worked on me slap......I drive a mini van.....a v-4 at that......I'd have peed myself
in fear and intimidation.....
0 Replies

Jesusgirl22

Reply Thu 16 Sep, 2004 10:13 am
If anaphylaxis were to occur, it would happen very quickly. There could be hives, itching initially then very quickly tightening of airways and alteration of mentation.

If Gautum were to simply demand the woman be fired, he would have come off looking like an angry, vengeful doofus.

Good job Gautum.

Slappy,
Golly jeepers, I'm trembling too. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 16 Sep, 2004 10:41 am
My mother was stung by a bee when we were driving through Indiana back in the fifties. She felt wierd, yes, shortly thereafter. My dad rushed to a hospital emergency room in Chicago, where she was treated with ACTH. That must have been an hour's ride...

I remember that a. shock reactions increase each time the person is stung, or has penicillin, for example, if penicillin sensitive.

I still think it is smart to take a look at the patient.
0 Replies