The Kerry Fight Against Terrorism Started With BUSH

Reply Wed 8 Sep, 2004 09:14 pm
I have to give georgeob1 some credit. On another thread he said "The group of ex Navy guys got seriously mobilized against John Kerry in the early '80s, ..."

This got me to thinking. What was going on in the '80's?

http://www.washingtonmonthly.com/features/2004/0409.sirota.html

http://www.webcom.com/pinknoiz/covert/contracoke.html

http://www.gwu.edu/~nsarchiv/NSAEBB/NSAEBB2/nsaebb2.htm

http://www.afrocubaweb.com/bushes.htm

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article3333.htm

http://www.globalpolicy.org/wtc/analysis/2003/0117boss.htm

Now keep in mind that George W. Bush has made comments on more than one occasion about Saddams attempt to "kill my Daddy." We see what happened to him. Even with no connection to 9/11, and freshly into Afghanistan, Bush started diverting troops and equipment to a planned attack on Iraq according to Gen. Franks. Why? Because Saddam tried to kill his Daddy? Something more?

I expect the next couple of months to get pretty ugly. If W is willing to send thousands to their death in defense of his father or for business interests, (which OBVIOUSLY is not beneath him), how do you think he feels about John Kerry taking down his oil business, two brothers AND his father not to mention MANY who remain close to Bush today by being the one that lead the BCCI and Iran Contra investigations?

WHO WILL KEEP US SAFE? WHO WILL NOT BACK DOWN? WHO HAS SERVED US WITH HONOR?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 763 • Replies: 9
No top replies

dare2think

Reply Wed 8 Sep, 2004 09:29 pm
interesting
0 Replies

dare2think

Reply Wed 8 Sep, 2004 09:50 pm
Those are some great links. This is even more reason to vote for Kerry.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Wed 8 Sep, 2004 10:00 pm
Makes you wonder why on earth Bush would ever want to bring up Kerry's Senate record. Perhaps Kerry wasn't sending up bills and legislation, but he cracked two of the biggest government scandals in my lifetime. Bush might want to lay low on the senate record debate.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sat 11 Sep, 2004 07:53 am
http://www.thedubyareport.com/bushbin.html

"Casey committed the CIA to support an ISI operation recruiting Muslims from all over the world to come to Pakistan and fight with the Mujaheddin in Afghanistan. The ISI had been involved in this activity since 1982. Pakistani President Zia viewed it as an opportunity to make Pakistan a leader of the Muslim world. Washington wanted to demonstrate that the Muslim world was fighting with their American benefactors against the Soviets. The Saudis saw it as an opportunity to promote their Wahabbi school of puritanical Islam.

Writing about these activities in Taliban, Ahmed Rashid notes, "None of the intelligence agencies involved wanted to consider the consequences of bring together thousands of Islamic radicals from all over the world. 'What was more important in the world view of history? The Taliban or the fall of the Soviet Empire?' said Zbigniew Brzezinski," National Security Adviser in the Carter Administration. "

"In the late 80's high-tech seismic surveys in the tiny emirate of Bahrain, which hadn't had a significant new oil discovery since 1932, identified a large likely undersea oil deposit between what the Asian Wall Street Journal called "two of the greatest oil and gas fields on the planet." The company chosen to drill exploratory wells would have to invest over $12 million, but could receive a payoff in the billions if oil was found. Amoco and three other oil companies entered into discussion with Bahrain in 1987. Amoco was optimistic at the directions discussions had taken, when suddenly in 1990 the contract was awarded to Harken Energy. "
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Sat 11 Sep, 2004 07:55 am
Squinney, have I told you how much I have enjoyed your posts of late?

Keep swingin' the big hammer, girl.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sat 11 Sep, 2004 08:00 am
Thanks, Pdiddie.

It just really struck me when I put this together that a lot of this was taking place during my college years. Like me, I bet a majority of Americans 40 and under are not aware of the connections and the role Kerry played in bringing it all down.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sat 11 Sep, 2004 09:18 am
Even a tie in to the 9/11 commission...

http://www.counterpunch.org/floyd01312003.html

Kean Insight
Bush, bin Laden, BCCI and the 9/11 Commission
by CHRIS FLOYD

When George W. Bush's first choice to head an "independent" probe into the Sept. 11 attacks--suspected war criminal Henry Kissinger--went down like a bad pretzel, he quickly plucked another warm body from the stagnant pool of Establishment worthies who are periodically called upon to roll out the whitewash when the big boys screw up.

Kissinger's replacement, retired New Jersey Governor Thomas Kean, was a "safe pair of hands," we were assured by the professional assurers in the mainstream media. The fact that he'd been out of public life for years--and that he hadn't collaborated in the deaths of tens of thousands of Cambodians, Chileans and East Timorese--certainly made him less controversial than his predecessor, although to be fair, Kissinger's expertise in mass murder surely would have given the panel some unique insights into the terrorist atrocity.

But now it seems that Kean might possess some unique insights of his own. Fortune Magazine reports this week that both Kean and Bush share an unusually well-placed business partner: one Khalid bin Mahfouz -- perhaps better known as "Osama bin Laden's bagman" or even "Osama bin Laden's brother-in-law."

Kean, like so many worthies, followed the revolving door out of public service into lucrative sweetheart deals and well-wadded sinecures on corporate boards. One of these, of course, is an oil company--pretty much a requirement for White House work these days. (Or as the sign says on the Oval Office door: "If your rigs ain't rockin', don't come a-knockin'!") Kean is a director of Amerada Hess, an oil giant married up to Saudi Arabia's Delta Oil in a venture to pump black gold in Azerbaijan. (The partnership is incorporated in a secretive offshore "tax haven," natch. You can't expect a worthy like Kean to pay taxes like some grubby wage slave.)

One of Delta's biggest backers is the aforesaid Mahfouz, a Saudi wheeler-dealer who has bankrolled some of most dubious players on the world scene: Abu Nidal, Manuel Noreiga, Saddam Hussein and George W. Bush. Mahfouz was also a front for the bin Laden family, funneling their vast wealth through American cut-outs in a bid to gain power and influence in the United States.

One of those cut-outs was Mahfouz factotum James Bath, a partner in George W.'s early oil venture, Arbusto. Bath has admitted serving as a pass-through for secret Saudi money. Years later, when Bush's maladroit business skills were about to sink another of his companies, Harken Energy, the firm was saved by a $25 million investment from a Swiss bank--a subsidiary of the Bank of Credit and Commerce International (BBCI), partly owned by the beneficent Mahfouz.

What was BCCI? Only "one of the largest criminal enterprises in history," according to the U.S. Senate. What did BCCI do? "It engaged in pandemic bribery of officials in Europe, Africa, Asia and the Americas," says journalist Christopher Bryon, who first exposed the operation. "It laundered money on a global scale, intimidated witnesses and law officers, engaged in extortion and blackmail. It supplied the financing for illegal arms trafficking and global terrorism. It financed and facilitated income tax evasion, smuggling and prostitution." Sort of an early version of the Bush Regime, then.

See link for the rest of the story.
0 Replies

padmasambava

Reply Sat 11 Sep, 2004 05:02 pm
I always thought that both Kerry and FBI Director Mueller look a bit like bloodhounds. I've been told that I look a bit like a rat or a moose or maybe a mule deer, so I wouldn't take it as in insult necessary.

There was a stock guy at my super market and a female stocker was making Aflack Duck noises at him and he was going along with it. He looked like the guy on the commercial.

I dog is a mammal isn't it? Who was it who said we need to get the reptile out of the White House.

If Kerry ain't nothin' but a houn' dog. That's o.k. Snoopy was a beagle wasn't he?

Someone appropriate has to come in to ask the eternal question: which way did he go George? Which way did he go?

Could be it's George we're really after (shhh; don't tell George).
0 Replies

padmasambava

Reply Sat 11 Sep, 2004 05:05 pm
Thanks for all those interesting links.

I also am more psyched that J.F.Kerry is the man for the job. He's been long on the trail, and he is the one to restore integrity to our representative and sometimes inspirational system of government.
0 Replies