does Bush have a plan B?

Reply Wed 8 Sep, 2004 06:28 pm
I was out in the backyard talking to my neighbor lady, a unionized teacher who is a woman (obviously high on the terrorism watch list) and she was telling me that today she heard, in the school lunch room that Bush and Rove have developed a plan B if the polls show Kerry getting close. The plan, as she told it to me was that Cheney will stage a "heart incident" and be rushed off to the hospital (undisclosed) where he will be secreted until after the election with only news briefings saying he is hanging in there. This will give the Bush/Cheney ticket a quick and lasting 3 point edge going into the election, after which Cheney will "recover" nicely "he's a stong and willful dedicated servant" and be sworn in for another term.
So what do you think, is my neighbor a silly goose?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 670 • Replies: 12
No top replies

Brand X

Reply Wed 8 Sep, 2004 06:31 pm
Huh?
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 8 Sep, 2004 07:31 pm
If I were casting that drama, I'd give the Emergency Hospitalization Role to Laura Bush.--and send the twins to hover by her bedside.

(Edited to correct capitalization error.)
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 8 Sep, 2004 08:18 pm
You mean Bill's heart condition wasn't plan B?
0 Replies

dare2think

Reply Wed 8 Sep, 2004 09:08 pm
hahahahahahahahahehehehehehehehe
0 Replies

dare2think

Reply Wed 8 Sep, 2004 09:10 pm
McGentrix..why do you guys have to drag Clinton into every damn thing, he's not running for anything.
0 Replies

revel

Reply Wed 8 Sep, 2004 09:35 pm
dare2think wrote:
McGentrix..why do you guys have to drag Clinton into every damn thing, he's not running for anything.

desperate people do desperate things.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2004 07:08 am
revel wrote:
dare2think wrote:

desperate people do desperate things.

Because Hillary wants to be president and 2008 will be her only window of opportunity.

Both Clintons are still headliners in the democratic party, I hope you realize that.
0 Replies

revel

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2004 07:28 am
I don't think she will run, I really don't. I doubt I would vote for her if she did if there was someone else better in the democratic party to choose from. Not that I hate her or anything but it would just be like waving a red flag to all the crazed clinton haters which is why I don't think she will run in 08. She can do more for the country right where she is at.

I honestly do not believe that Bill Clinton would fake a heart surgery and that the media would go along with it without question. Not the same media that reveled in all the past Bill Clinton/Monica days. I think it is digusting to even say such a thing myself.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2004 07:30 am
Nor do I think Clinton was faking it. I said it as a joke.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2004 07:35 am
Quote:
Does Bush have a plan B?

Does he have a plan A?
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2004 07:56 am
So many people are confident in Kerry on the war on terror that he constantly tops the polls on that question.....not.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2004 08:11 am
Brand X wrote:
So many people are confident in Kerry on the war on terror that he constantly tops the polls on that question.....not.

Well I cannot imagine anyone who could NOT do a better job than Bush, Cheney and company.

They have managed to marginalize and alienate almost all of our former allies...while providing terrorist organizations like Al Qaeda with new and more dedicated recruits.

But as you noted...and as H. L. Mencken observed: No one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of American voters.

I can only hope that the nation comes back to consciousness soon.

If they don't...I am afraid that historians will look back at these last few years as the beginning of the end of democracy in America.

The pathetic, pretend patriots of the Bush Lite administration are following the Goebbel's script of the big lie...repeated often...even better than Hitler did.
0 Replies