Apropo of ehBeth's thread on dorm posters, now that we're grownups, what

Reply Tue 19 Jul, 2016 12:20 pm
is/are on your walls now? spare or crowded? this or that?

I'll start by saying my walls are crowded, but I'll describe the lot of it a bit later.

saab

Reply Tue 19 Jul, 2016 12:45 pm
@ossobucotemp,
In the library is a large Japaneese painting, painted on silk and a Chineese behind glass painting.
In the livingroom are some photoes, paintings by artists (well known) and friends of the family.
In the dining area paintings from Greenland. This style
http://greenlandtoday.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/emp-strib-770.gif
The staircase going down has framed handicraft made by ladies in the family oldest back to 1858.
Staircase going up a large golden mirror
In the guestroom are paintings with trees.
Upstairs livingarea paintings we like for certain reasons.
In the bedroom childhood nostalgic prints.
In the kitchen are a collection of crazy teapots, old clock and some framed postcard copies from very unusual paintings.
ossobucotemp

Reply Tue 19 Jul, 2016 01:02 pm
@saab,
Oh, saab, I'm enchanted by your descriptions. Of course I like the Greenland paintings..

I've lived in bunches of places (I was an adventurous sort in my early days), some large, some tiny, and have fixed up most of them in some way. I now live in/own half a duplex (crumby contractor for the whole area, sued before I bought, too late) and, for once, I haven't painted the walls, which I used to always do. I do have paint cards of my preferred colors held by tape in a space between paintings...

As I mentioned, the walls are crowded. I'll get into detail, but I'll wait until others post..
ossobucotemp

Reply Tue 19 Jul, 2016 01:05 pm
@ossobucotemp,
Your mention of the Japanese silk work makes me remember a friend's studio in Los Angeles, probably the most interesting and at the same time oddest place I've gotten to see. Which could be another whole thread - other people's places.
0 Replies

saab

Reply Tue 19 Jul, 2016 01:07 pm
@ossobucotemp,
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/d/d7/Fra_Filippo_Lippi_-_The_Adoration_in_the_Forest_-_Google_Art_Project.jpg/220px-Fra_Filippo_Lippi_-_The_Adoration_in_the_Forest_-_Google_Art_Project.jpg
As a little girl I fell in love with this picture in a magagazine, so much that my
mother had it framed. It has alwazs hung by my bed.
Next one I wanted framed was a Danish politician (I must have been around 4)
belonging to a political party my mother did not like, so he never got framed nor on my wall. He had a big beard
I also have in one corridor drawings my father made.
ossobucotemp

Reply Tue 19 Jul, 2016 01:18 pm
@saab,
made me laugh!
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Tue 19 Jul, 2016 01:23 pm
On the walls will be found a few paintings, two mirrors, the Constitution (framed), wall hanging shelves...some with books, others with anything and everything small wood carved animals, small stuffed animals, candlesticks, some cups I found interesting but t never use for drink, a vase...lots of this and that.

On the apartment door on the inside are dozens of magnets.

ossobucotemp

Reply Tue 19 Jul, 2016 01:26 pm
@Sturgis,
Love it... so you.
0 Replies