Need help for my living room

Tue 15 Jul, 2014 10:27 pm
I am living and working in Indonesia. Recently I have moved to a new apartment and need some help to improve my living area.

Living & dining area is 1/3 of the whole apartment and total area around 130 sqm.

There is sofa which is dark blue and looks not bad but I have been offered with new sofa set by the owner and I have been asked to choose a type or colour which I prefer.

I am so confuse what type of sofa or the colour that would be ideal for my living room. I have been looking around and found few samples which may suite my living room but still finding it difficulty to made my mind with one.

The other furniture is coffee black and brand new. So the sofa must be go along with other furniture too.

Also planing to change the current curtains and a floor carpet for living area to improve the ambiance and to match the sofa or wall..

I wonder anyone of you guys can help me out to ease my decision making and make my living area as ultimate living space to enjoy and relax while I am at home

Thanks and waiting for value inputs soon.

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 34 • Views: 6,912 • Replies: 20
Topic Closed

Lordyaswas

Tue 15 Jul, 2014 11:21 pm
0 Replies

ellataylor

Sat 9 May, 2015 01:34 am
@viraj2310,
I would suggest a light colored leather sofa with a few bright decorative pillows will be great for your room. Also, you can add a jute carpet to the floor, they are affordable & trendy as well.
0 Replies

Sherrylval

Tue 12 May, 2015 10:29 pm
@viraj2310,
I think you can go with retro living space with vintage light color sofas and wood coffee table
0 Replies

RayEGarcia

Thu 21 May, 2015 11:50 pm
Well, I think you can go with eye-catching wallpapers, stickers, color sofas and coffee fish table. Its look great.........!!!!!!!!
0 Replies

SallyWilliams

Thu 28 May, 2015 11:11 pm
@viraj2310,
I agree with the other responses. A light-colored sofa would be great since you already have coffee black furniture. They would be a perfect combination. This way, your living room will not be a dark-clored room. I wish you all the best with designing your living room. I hope everything turns out great.
0 Replies

KatieE

Tue 16 Jun, 2015 07:34 am
Very helpful information shared here. I would suggest to add some room accessories matching with your furnitures. This can change the looks of your room totally, adding a decorative pillow or a jute carpet is also a great idea.
0 Replies

JuanitaMiller

Thu 18 Jun, 2015 12:21 am
Well, I would suggest to add some antic pieces such as chair, coffee fish table. Further you can add a flowerpot or scenery this can also change the looks of your living room.
0 Replies

ellataylor

Mon 13 Jul, 2015 02:24 am
Not only are lamps, essential to a well-lit room, but they also make a big impact on a home's overall look and feel. You can brighten your space and intensify your style with these tips in choosing the right floor and table lamps for your home.
0 Replies

Joycedays

Tue 14 Jul, 2015 11:20 pm
@viraj2310,
go and visit how others decorate their living rooms.
0 Replies

shrutig

Tue 11 Aug, 2015 06:52 am
Well, According to your description of your house you may have very small area for decoration. I will suggest you to hire a interior designer and he/she will definitely help you.
0 Replies

CynthiaGaines

Sat 22 Aug, 2015 12:08 am
Embrace some bold colors. I will recommend you to include some room embellishments coordinating with your furniture and color of the wall. This can give your room a perfect look.
ellataylor

Thu 3 Sep, 2015 01:36 am
@CynthiaGaines,
I totally agree with your view. Adding some nice color can create the perfect look.
0 Replies

SharonLucas

Thu 10 Sep, 2015 02:17 am
I will suggest you it will be good if your furniture color will match the wall color. Sofa will be good.You can also put some big paintings on your wall and have flower vase at the middle. You can keep some scented candles at your living room which will look better and work better.
0 Replies

rachi

Fri 3 Jun, 2016 02:38 am
@viraj2310,
choose a light coloured sofa as of offwhite , light gold , light brown and so on
0 Replies

shwetasharma

Sat 2 Jul, 2016 03:05 am
@viraj2310,
Go for the grey color sofa if you have coffee blank colored furniture. Moreover, you can also choose the color that goes best with your wall colors. The grey sofa, coffee black furniture and white walls will go perfectly together and gives a classy look to your new apartment.
0 Replies

Brownieboy

Sat 6 Aug, 2016 10:25 am
@viraj2310,
Sometimes youll have to deal with what youve got. Make the living room space useful and add storage and a dining room to it.
0 Replies

rubbywilliams

Sun 7 Aug, 2016 11:33 pm
There are many ways to design your living room just pick the color of your sofas, pillows and etc. that matches your whole house.
0 Replies

TomTomBinks

Mon 21 Nov, 2016 11:02 pm
I wonder if the OP has had enough time to make a decision regarding his décor.
0 Replies

loardeva

Thu 29 Dec, 2016 07:01 am
@viraj2310,
I think you should go for light color sofa with bright color throw pillows. This combination will look gorgeous.
0 Replies