Move to make circumcision illegal

fishin

Reply Thu 23 Jan, 2003 06:29 pm
edgarblythe wrote:
People in a country like the USA do not need circumcision.

We don't need body piercings either but it's done thousands of times daily and waging lawsuits over it in an attempt to have it made illegal would be plain stupid, just as this lawsuit is...
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 23 Jan, 2003 06:40 pm
I did not argue for lawsuits, just common sense.
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Thu 23 Jan, 2003 07:59 pm
When circumcisions are outlawed, only outlaws will have circumcisions!

They can have my circumcision when they pry it from my cold, dead, ummm... fingers?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 23 Jan, 2003 08:02 pm
hee hee
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Thu 23 Jan, 2003 10:44 pm
Quote:
The study said 47 percent of circumcised men reported masturbating at least once a month versus 34 percent for their uncircumcised peers.

http://www.cnn.com/HEALTH/9704/01/nfm/circumcision/

So, those 'cold, dead fingers'. Hmm, might want to try wearing gloves. But it could cost a fortune in additional eyewear.....
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Thu 23 Jan, 2003 11:30 pm
Wot? We're supposed to report that to someone? Damn it, I'm always the last to know these things!
0 Replies

JerryR

Reply Thu 23 Jan, 2003 11:36 pm
Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Fri 24 Jan, 2003 06:02 am
Is there a form we should be filling out? And which agency receives these reports? Do they need to be filed in triplicate? I'm just concerned about the pages sticking together....
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 24 Jan, 2003 06:46 am
Why on EARTH would circumcised men masturbate more than uncircumcized men?
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Fri 24 Jan, 2003 06:52 am
If not the parents, thenb who's the legal representative of the child? Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Fri 24 Jan, 2003 06:53 am
If not the parents, then who's the legal representative of the child? Rolling Eyes

By the way, what unknow procedures are they performing on the female babies?
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Fri 24 Jan, 2003 06:55 am
blacksmith:

Outlaws?

This medical procedure is common among observant Jews and Muslims.
Would you call these groups "outlaws"? Twisted Evil
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Fri 24 Jan, 2003 06:59 am
dlowan:

You ask why? Because they're more HONEST! That's why!
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Fri 24 Jan, 2003 07:00 am
Jerry R:

Drunk Drunk Drunk
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 24 Jan, 2003 07:05 am
Mr. Stillwater-One of the most important things that I have learned in life is, "correlation does not nescesarily mean causality".

Obviously your link does not show the entire study. What I would want to know, is what were the ethnic backgrounds of the subjects? Certain religious groups have negative cultural strictures concerning sex. Others don't.

Without that information, I can't draw any worthwhile conclusions from the study!
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Fri 24 Jan, 2003 07:13 am
Phoenix:

Well said! Razz
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 24 Jan, 2003 07:32 am
New Haven- Thanks! Surprised
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Fri 24 Jan, 2003 07:39 am
Phoenix:

You're welcome! Smile
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Fri 24 Jan, 2003 05:06 pm
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LEXINGTON, Kentucky (AP) -- A woman is accusing her doctor of branding her uterus with his alma mater's initials before removing the organ during a hysterectomy.

Stephanie Means and her husband sued Dr. James Guiler on Wednesday, seeking unspecified damages for emotional distress.

The lawsuit said a videotape of the surgery clearly shows the University of Kentucky booster using a cauterizing tool to write "UK" in letters 2 inches high.

"They want to see that it isn't done to other women," said the couple's attorney, Michael Dean. He added: "This is bizarre. I've never seen anything like this."

Guiler did not immediately return calls Friday.

The doctor performed the surgery August 14 at Central Baptist Hospital in Lexington.

Guiler received his medical degree from the university and last year was a sponsor of Wildcat Madness, a fund-raiser for the school's basketball museum.

In New York, an obstetrician lost his medical license after carving his initials into a patient's abdomen in 1999. Dr. Allan Zarkan's lawyer said Zarkan had a brain disorder.
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Sat 25 Jan, 2003 12:46 am
Phoenix, can't you get a handle on it? (Chuckle) Not feeling yourself lately? (Ha, Ha) Get a grip on yourself! (ROTFL)
<wipes eyes> Yep, there's always going to be a problem with reporting on such a subject - they're always gonna jerk you around, if we DON'T PULL TOGETHER!!!!

"Excuse me Sir, I'm going to have to ask you to leave this establishment..."
0 Replies