Is This What God Purposed?

luke21

Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2016 08:47 am
nope,

2 Peter 3:9
The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish , but everyone to come to repentance.

we live in a fallen world, God has no control over it as of now.
Leadfoot

Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2016 08:57 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
Anywhere special in Calif?

Some resort near Sequoia national park. Mainly to meet gf's parents but also to put more miles on 4 wheel conversion of Slingshot. This thing is a real track tool now. Wish me good weather, it sucks in the rain.
Leadfoot

Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2016 09:04 am
@luke21,
Quote:
we live in a fallen world, God has no control over it as of now

I'd beg to differ. I think it's going exactly as intended.
But take heart. As you said, it's only temporary.
0 Replies

mark noble

Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2016 09:40 am
@BroRando,
God makes everything.
And everything makes God.
farmerman

Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2016 11:18 am
@Leadfoot,
Slingshots dont have any canopies do they? They look cool though. You should carrry some sriracha to give bugs a bit o flavor
Freddie2

Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2016 08:47 pm
@mark noble,
tomtom is going to suspend you again.
0 Replies

Heermosi

Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2016 09:47 pm
@BroRando,
You must understand what GOD is. Then can you understand what GOD want.
Although I don't believe in gods, I can sense something wrong in this world.
When you find the answer, just reply.

0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2016 05:35 am
@luke21,
luke21 wrote:
Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish . . .

Uh-huh . . . that's why "he" once flooded the entire planet, right? Because he doesn't want anyone to perish?
Setanta

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2016 05:37 am
The entire premise for this thread is idiotic. There have always been wars, floods, earthquakes, storms, volcanoes and so on. We just didn't have CNN in the past. People just didn't know about it. This is one of the more simple-minded and credulous scams of the god botherers.
Expert2

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2016 08:07 am
@Setanta,
First of all know this, that in the last days ridiculers will come with their ridicule, proceeding according to their own desires  and saying: “Where is this promised presence of his? Why, from the day our forefathers fell asleep in death, all things are continuing exactly as they were from creation’s beginning.” (2 Peter 3:3-4)

TomTomBinks

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2016 08:20 am
@Expert2,
Wow Set, he told you. What are you, some kind of ridiculer coming with your ridicule?
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2016 08:39 am
@Setanta,
Quote:
@luke21,
luke21 wrote:
Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish . . .

Uh-huh . . . that's why "he" once flooded the entire planet, right? Because he doesn't want anyone to perish?

Don't be silly Set, the 'anyone' he doesn't want to perish are those that follow the path to him. Clearly, he intends for everyone else to perish. God never makes any apology for that brutal reality.

Not that there is any limit to who may follow him but most choose not to.
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2016 08:50 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
Slingshots dont have any canopies do they? They look cool though. You should carrry some sriracha to give bugs a bit o flavor

Mine has a full roll cage for track days and has a removable canvas top. I could not survive a cross country trip in summer with full sun. Got a hell of a truck drivers' tan on my left arm though.

Surprised you liked the look, thought it would be too ostentatious for you. It was a bit for me. I removed the 'bat wing' fenders and changed the whole front end to look something like a Lotus 7. The stock one wheeled rear end looks naked but the 4 wheel conversion fixed that.

Had to look up that sauce. Intriguing..
farmerman

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2016 08:53 am
@Leadfoot,
It reminds me more of a trike in reverse than a car. Thats why I like em. Cool design. Id do something about the paint though. Id go for a metal flake CAMO!!. hah? We did a Merc van like that for our geophysics equipment and it turned out simply beautiful. We edged some of te duller coats with a Dupont irridescent green to blueish And then put a solid matte clear coat. Our Logo is on the top of the sides of the van and lettering of the company.
Leadfoot

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2016 09:08 am
@farmerman,
Metal flake camo! I like it. Have to be desert, not hunter though.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2016 04:31 pm
@Setanta,
You forgot asteroids and comets.
Leadfoot

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2016 05:49 pm
@RABEL222,
Yeah, God was pretty brutal with those dinosaurs wasn't he.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2016 06:57 pm
@Expert2,
Yeah, well, "know this." The god botherers have been proclaiming the arrival of the "last days" since the first century of this common era. Yawn . . .
Heermosi

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2016 07:25 pm
@Setanta,
You'd better come to Asia and fight them off.
They are now rooting deeply during this economic crisis.
Charlie4U

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2016 12:26 pm
@Heermosi,
I think it's about allowing the things to continue for awhile to show the world can't exist without him. If everything was in harmony that would be Paradise?