sad about our leaders

htexas

Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2004 12:23 pm
I am a Latina Catholic Republican who is going to vote Democrat it seems,. I am so sad about the ugliness of our leaders acting as children, whom we tell not to be bullies or liars and not to call people names like "Girlyman". I also like helping people and it seems the message is clear that helping people is weak. Here in Texas we have always loved our neighbors from the south that come here and work hard for a better life. The money is here and sharing and helping is a good thing. We pay high gas prices, we spend on elaborate stadiums, we fight wars, we drive nice cars and we still argue about helping people. We help the Israelites , the Iraqis and this is making a lot of rich people richer and we still gripe about helping people. SAD SAD SAD.

P.S. If I had a choice I would not vote for eaither, but as an American I must have a voice.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 479 • Replies: 6
No top replies

FreeDuck

Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2004 12:28 pm
Welcome, htexas. You make interesting points regarding the attitudes of our leaders.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2004 03:03 pm
I agree and Welcome aboard.
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Mon 6 Sep, 2004 10:55 am
Welcome to A2K, htex.

If there is anything that I or my wife (a bi-lingual Cuban-American) can do to assist in registering people to vote in your community, please PM me.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 6 Sep, 2004 10:59 am
htex
A fresh voice! I share your concerns, though I am not Republican. I thought the Republican convention was run the way they run the hype in between wrestling matches on television. Much childish bluster, no substance.
0 Replies

htexas

Reply Mon 6 Sep, 2004 11:46 am
FreeDuck wrote:
Welcome, htexas. You make interesting points regarding the attitudes of our leaders.

Thank you for your welcome Very Happy
0 Replies

htexas

Reply Mon 6 Sep, 2004 11:47 am
Montana wrote:
I agree and Welcome aboard.

Thank you for welcoming me
0 Replies