Does anybody know where I can download the game "Election Day"?

Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2016 09:19 am
Hello, so there is an old election game called "Election Day" by Professor John Gastil. I was wondering if anybody had the game on their computer or knows where I can get it.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 675 • Replies: 5
No top replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2016 11:09 am
@QuickHead555,
nope but Im interested too. Its supposed to hqve some neat stat tricks
QuickHead555

Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2016 11:30 am
@farmerman,
Alright. Hopefully someone here has it or knows a place.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2016 06:54 pm

Well, the professor that created it still seems active, and has a faculty web page about the game:
http://jgastil.la.psu.edu/ElectionDaySimulation.html

Unfortunately the game was downloaded from a separate website, which now says "this domain is for sale if you want to buy it".

Internet Archive was no help, as you had to be registered at the now-nonexistent website before it would let you see a download link.

The professor looks like he has an email address though. Your best bet is to contact him by email.

It appears that you want version 4.02, which as far as I can tell was the most recent version.

Earlier versions not only might have bugs or be simpler, but if you go early enough the version will be designed for Windows 95. Good luck getting that version to work on Windows 10.

Version 4.02 was compatible with Vista, so it should work OK with Windows 10.
farmerman

Reply Mon 20 Jun, 2016 08:34 am
@oralloy,
thanks, well look up the old code (I assume its pretty much open ). I have a guy who is good at bucket building old apps and games with inner graphic and math e can use for modelling.

PS , and hes a Penn State grad
0 Replies

revelette2

Reply Mon 20 Jun, 2016 08:46 am
@oralloy,
I like to play games too and I have windows 10 on a newer computer, I find some games I had on my other computer, which was windows 8 but I upgraded it to windows 10, I can't now play on this computer. There is no way I would be able figure out how to do it without messing up my newer computer (new for me, it being a 2015 model) beyond my being able to fix it. I am not really good at all this technical stuff.
0 Replies